What should YOU be judged by?

Read the OP and vote.

• No, My character sucks, and I'd rather get the credit for being in a group

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I would get better results as part of a group.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Fitz

User Quit *****
Nov 23, 2009
MLK said that he dreamed of a nation his children were not judged by the color of their skin, but the content of their character.

Think about that for a minute. I mean really. What did he mean by the content of character versus color of skin?

Look today currently at the race/civil rights community and organizations. Do they embody this ideal they claim to support? I don't see that being the case anymore. They want to be judged by their skin color and not their character. Why? Why would you not want to be judged by your good deeds and laudables? Unless of course you have far more sins you are scared to be judged by. Could that be it?

A meritocracy demands that those who do are rewarded for their effort, or punished for their effort... or lack there of. MLK obviously was referring to this in part.

So ask yourself, when it comes RIGHT DOWN to it... do you personally want to be judged by your Character, or your skin?

I'm happy to be happy to be judged by the "content of my character". That said, I know I have gotten many, many breaks in life because I'm white. I'd like that to change -- and believe me, I know that it has, just not enough -- so that color was irrelevant.

MLK was absolutely correct. Character should be all that matters. It's not yet, but it should be.

Now define "character" in some way everybody can agree on and we're all set. ;)

MLK was absolutely correct. Character should be all that matters. It's not yet, but it should be.

Now define "character" in some way everybody can agree on and we're all set. ;)

Character is something I lack so I tend to cross lines :rolleyes:

MLK was absolutely correct. Character should be all that matters

DMLKJ never believed any such thing.

I'm not entirely sure what he believed, from what I've seen and read his actual beliefs seemed to evolve somewhat and are open to interpretation. But you're right in that I should have said the quote is correct.
So that's a "NO! RACIST BASTARD! BURN BURN BURN

for JBekuma then.
Not surprised really.

:razz:

From what I've read MLK Jr was genuine in his belief that people should be treated as equals. Certainly he was an advocate of making up for lost time so to speak in helping blacks, But I think he would puke if he met Sharpton and company today.

From what I've read MLK Jr was genuine in his belief that people should be treated as equals. Certainly he was an advocate of making up for lost time so to speak in helping blacks, But I think he would puke if he met Sharpton and company today.

They're all idiots. Blacks did best with no handouts, left to their own devices to fend for themselves and build their own societies.

:eusa_shhh:Davis Bend...:eusa_shhh:

They did very well for themselves at Davis Bend and elsewhere. (I forget the name of the islands in the NE). Then it was decided that they needed government handouts and look where we are now. Left to their own devices, Blacks did quite well for themselves when they had access to land and education.

Those who want to keep them dependent on the government achieve only three things: retarding black progress, burdening the White man with the weight of all these failed programs, and convincing the uneducated to vote for the free lunch.

Martin Luther King Jr. was a hack and a drunkard, and a dummy. The real guy behind this fake Civil Rights movement was Stanley Levinson.

The truth is, they want to be judged by their skin color only when it is beneficial (look at the NAACP).

LOL thanks Spoonman for your vote. ROFL

It's interesting to see who's picking what to be honest.

Forum List

Back