What Science Says About Conservatives vs Liberals

A moderate is a liberal too ashamed to be called liberal.
Well sure, anyone who doesn't follow Dubya or Trump is a radical pinko commie, you sure got me there.
Notice how you didn't answer the question about how Obama got elected, not once. But twice. It wasn't conservatives putting in the guy who almost totally fucked this nation. At least those on the left and the right have a spine when it comes to their ideology. Liberals -commie faggots- want to destroy this country. Conservatives -Patriots- want to save this country. Which side are you on?
My "side" is described clearly in the first line of my sig.

And speaking of spines, I happily take incoming from both ends every day here. I don't need a nice, warm, soft, cozy, comfy, ideological "Safe Space" to hide in.

Both ends loathe those of us who think for ourselves more than they hate each other, because we expose you for what you are.

Hence, the Political Horseshoe Theory.

I believe far more in the Political Horseshoe, which illustrates that the ends of the spectrum are far closer in behaviors to each other than to the rest of us.

Marginalize the wingers, and this country can get back on track.
13493486_f520.jpg
Thanks to the center, we had 8 fucking years of Obama...

No, dummy, that would be the lack of a center.

Ah yes, yet another false definition of liberal and conservative. From the Rush Limbaugh School Of Dissembling BS, no doubt.They and the faux 'Left' are made for each other, no logic or ethics need intrude on the 'discussions' at all, which allows morons to participate at the same level of 'intellect' with lunatics and sociopaths.

Why does the faux 'Right' rely on sports announcers for their 'philisophy', anyway? Lack of independence of thought?...
Yo have just joined the other flamers on the ignore list..buh bye

Thanks. I appreciate it when tards don't waste my time repeatedly tripping my alert buttons with gibberish memes.

Liberals demand you do what they say and live by their beliefs and regulations.\

Conservatives firmly believe in individual freedoms , the right of self-determination.

So how come it is the "conservatives" who try and force their version of religion on everybody, try to govern women's personal sex and reproductive lives according to some ideological/theological belief that they have not chosen to embrace, and try to force LGBTs to disappear from society or at least accept discrimination and second-class citizenship? It has been the so-called "conservatives" who have done these things and continue to do them. They even pass laws to force this kind of shit on people. This record shows their unbridled support for authoritarianism.

lol rubbish. right wingers are just as enthusiastic about their cult-like worship of mindless self-indulgence and regressive paganism as you and the other deviants are, dear. You wingnuts only differ on tactics and rhetoric on how to achieve total anarchy and self-destruction, is all.

I thought conservatives didn`t believe in science. What changed?
Winner most brain dead post of the day. Yeah right, none of us believe in science, so off to the dunking chair you go for a witch test.

I believe far more in the Political Horseshoe, which illustrates that the ends of the spectrum are far closer in behaviors to each other than to the rest of us.

Marginalize the wingers, and this country can get back on track.
13493486_f520.jpg
The problem with this model is that the center today, would have been the extreme left 30 years ago, and those in the center today will be the extreme right in 30 years.

There is no getting rid of the 'wingers' as you put it, as they are continually created as the entire thing drifts further and further into totalitarianism.

Why does it take "science" to know without a doubt that liberals are far more authoritarian than conservatives will ever be?

Liberals demand you do what they say and live by their beliefs and regulations.\

Conservatives firmly believe in individual freedoms , the right of self-determination.

So, what does this "study" say?

A study shows that liberals are the real authoritarians and and mostly psychotic:

Turns out liberals are the real authoritarians.

A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with “psychoticism” now says it got it wrong. Very wrong.

The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism.

Once again, someone paid a lot of moolah to a Virginia Commonwealth University researcher to conduct it. Wanna bet there were federal funds in there somewhere?

From Hilarious: What Science Says About Conservatives vs Liberals

Individual freedoms and self determination...

So, if a person wants to pay another person for sex, you conservatives are all good with that, right?

If a person wants to smoke a joint instead of drinking a beer, you conservatives are all good what that, right?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Neither side is for pure self determination, with no consideration of other factors.

Do you have anything to say about the study's findings?

Since there is no link to the study or the correction I have nothing to say about it. I do not trust biased websites to give the true picture.

A completely reasonable point. The lack of links in the article is disappointing.

Here is the original article.

Correlation not Causation: The Relationship between Personality Traits and Political Ideologies

This is the "money shot" of the original article. Note how clear and forthright it is. Also, note that the answers they found was what they expected to find.

"The analysis above extends the existing personality and politics literature in several important ways. In line with our expectations, P (positively related to tough-mindedness and authoritarianism) is associated with social conservatism and conservative military attitudes."

Contrast that with the correction.

Correction: Political Attitudes Develop Independently of Personality Traits

"The correct sentence is: Attitude factors were coded so that higher values reflect more liberal attitude positions."

The basis point of the OP is confirmed.

Here is the point discussed deeper on another, more neutral blog.

Conservative political beliefs not linked to psychotic traits, as study claimed

"The interpretation of the coding of the political attitude items in the descriptive and preliminary analyses portion of the manuscript was exactly reversed. Thus, where we indicated that higher scores in Table 1 (page 40) reflect a more conservative response, they actually reflect a more liberal response. "

NOw do you have a comment on the study's findings?

Well sure, anyone who doesn't follow Dubya or Trump is a radical pinko commie, you sure got me there.
Notice how you didn't answer the question about how Obama got elected, not once. But twice. It wasn't conservatives putting in the guy who almost totally fucked this nation. At least those on the left and the right have a spine when it comes to their ideology. Liberals -commie faggots- want to destroy this country. Conservatives -Patriots- want to save this country. Which side are you on?

This is unmitigated bullshit from a guy who said that Russian influence on the election was a good thing if a conservative got elected. Who also said he put any woman who defied his authority into the ground.

You’re all for an authoritarian President as long as he’s a right wing authoritarian.

You are the right wing radical fringe that is destroying the USA.

This is unmitigated bullshit from a guy who said that Russian influence on the election was a good thing if a conservative got elected. Who also said he put any woman who defied his authority into the ground.

You’re all for an authoritarian President as long as he’s a right wing authoritarian.

Yet who wants to flood the USA with mexicans and muslims? You!

And speaking of spines, I happily take incoming from both ends every day here. I don't need a nice, warm, soft, cozy, comfy, ideological "Safe Space" to hide in.

Both ends loathe those of us who think for ourselves more than they hate each other, because we expose you for what you are.

So you aren't a patriot who wants to save this country?

They do tend to gravitate toward the soft sciences. When they can edit a lexicon, they feel smart.
'Cooking the books', 'making sh!t up' - that isn't 'soft science'. It's making up your own reality / facts to manipulate people emotionally.

First off, We on the right knew that Donald J. Trump was no conservative. But compared to the Commie bitch who keeps falling down, he was a much better choice..

First off, We on the right knew that Donald J. Trump was no conservative. But compared to the Commie bitch who keeps falling down, he was a much better choice..

This point can NOT be emphasized enough or strong enough.

The DNC ran a candidate who was a proven FELON, who would have deservedly been in prison wearing an orange jumpsuit on election day rather than on the ballot had it not been for all the criminal Obstruction committed by the previous criminal administration. Hillary did not even win her own party's nomination.

America rejected her...AGAIN.

Why does it take "science" to know without a doubt that liberals are far more authoritarian than conservatives will ever be?

So, what does this "study" say?

A study shows that liberals are the real authoritarians and and mostly psychotic:

Turns out liberals are the real authoritarians.

A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with “psychoticism” now says it got it wrong. Very wrong.

The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism.

Once again, someone paid a lot of moolah to a Virginia Commonwealth University researcher to conduct it. Wanna bet there were federal funds in there somewhere?

From Hilarious: What Science Says About Conservatives vs Liberals

Individual freedoms and self determination...

So, if a person wants to pay another person for sex, you conservatives are all good with that, right?

If a person wants to smoke a joint instead of drinking a beer, you conservatives are all good what that, right?

As long as they are not directly hurting anyone else - hell yes!

I happily take incoming from both ends every day here.

Forum List

Back