What % of People on USMB are Losers?

What % of People on USMB are either unhappy or losers?

• 100%

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • 90-80%

• 50%

• less than 50%

• Other

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
I call it counting coup. I don't really attack the white man but I do enjoy messing with his mind. The Blacks on the other hand are somewhat sacred to my people. Most of them are insane practicing racism, worrying about the Civil War, and from trying to keep their trousers from falling off. Actually, I'm the most rational person on here. Also the best looking.

Also the best looking

Best looking?

You'll always be second to me.

th

Well Will, I never really had any special skills or talents to speak of. I was forced by circumstance to rely on my good looks to get me through life. I liked a very good life and retired very comfortable thanks to the many lovely ladies who were willing to pay my asking price for my special services.
Gold digger. LOL.

Hmmmm I don't want long extensive debates. I actually hate long posts.
I think people should share of themselves more.
I don't feel short changed.
I think a lot of unwarranted nastiness and bitterness happen, and, people are unwilling to talk about it.
They'd rather hammer you down and hope to chase you away.
I don't understand that.
I just want to understand. I want a valid reason, if not, an admission they have no good reason
Or an admission they just don't WANT to like you - but there is ALWAYS a reason.

Okay, I will give some examples:

ChrisL - Two-faced self centered person I have no use for other than cannon fodder.

Dhara - Created needless divisions out of some misguided sense of loyalty. Holding out hope for her.

Gracie - A person in a lot of pain physically and emotionally, I give her leeway.

Bonzi - open person that is refreshing, so I seek out conversation.

The more I am on here, the more I'm beginning to feel that most on here may have one or more of the following:

(1) Anti social behavior / issues
(2) Avoidance behavior / issues
(3) Unhappy home lives
(4) Inability to cope with common life problems
(5) Generally just ugly, unlikable and with no where else to go
Which one do you think you have?

I think a lot of unwarranted nastiness and bitterness happen, and, people are unwilling to talk about it.
I don't understand that.
I just want to understand. I want a valid reason, if not, an admission they have no good reason
Or an admission they just don't WANT to like you - but there is ALWAYS a reason.

Okay, I will give some examples:

ChrisL - Two-faced self centered person I have no use for other than cannon fodder.

Dhara - Created needless divisions out of some misguided sense of loyalty. Holding out hope for her.

Gracie - A person in a lot of pain physically and emotionally, I give her leeway.

Bonzi - open person that is refreshing, so I seek out conversation.

that's a very nice compliment to me. I really appreciate it.
I don't even mind negative comments that come my way - I do understand some personalities just clash.
There is really no one on here I "hate" - I might not like what they say or, more specifically HOW they said it - in a spirit of hatred or meanness - but I think there is value in all people, somewhere...... or at least potential....

The more I am on here, the more I'm beginning to feel that most on here may have one or more of the following:

(3) Unhappy home lives

I may have some avoidance in real life. I actually enjoy being around others, but, find it draining. It's hard for me to monitor what I say, and, in social situations, you need to do that. It take a lot of energy for me. My home life is hard - and not really what I have been used to for the 1st 39 years of my life. It requires a lot of adjustment and compromise, something I am not used to. I have to be honest, however, I'm a better person (much better person) now than I was 10 years ago.....

Or...

saveliberty:

short answer bus and shocked he can feed himself.

tries to be funny, but just needs help.

entertaining in a nerdy kind of way.

I look him up to see what mischief he is into now.

pretty darn funny and spot on.

Or...

saveliberty:

Talking about me behind my back again?

I think people come here to vent and that's all it is. Venting. An outlet. Those who take everything seriously instead of just someone venting and saying shit they won't say in public to people face to face due to 1) maybe losing their job 2) don't want to hurt someone they care about 3) have no other social life due to ill health, etc 4) insert your own here________________.

I've seen everyone at their worst. Flat out worst. But I have also seen those same people come together to help someone out that is REALLY hurting. Those same helpful-but-otherwise-mean folks are not stupid though, so anyone pretending to be a victim 24/7/365 are just asking for trouble. But if they are REALLY in pain, mentally or physically and NEED the majority here....they get the help or advice or assistance or hugs they need. Period.
Which is why I said 50% or less.

I think people are here for different needs.
If you are really in trouble, you should have REAL LIFE family and friends to go to.
If you are leaning on people here, you have issues in real life
I can't help but notice that you seem to do a lot of questioning here, and that you ask a lot of personal questions. I have, rightly or wrongly, begun to think YOU do that because you don't have people in RL you can talk to in the way you would like, for whatever reason. If true, does that make you a loser or unhappy? I have no idea. But, I don't think you are going to find what you seek on a message board. Just because people are anonymous here, it doesn't necessarily follow that the majority probably, will want to divulge really, really personal stuff, and I don't think that many people are here with the intention of doing that. Also, you seem to like putting people into boxes, categorising them. Here your options are posters are either losers or unhappy. Do you only offer these options because you see yourself and others only within these two categories???

Or...

saveliberty:

I'm just glad when you reply to my post. It makes me feel good to have someone that genuinely seems to enjoy me and it's contagious - I still feel like I don't know you. There are people here I have a sense about. Some remain largely a mystery.... most, but, there are a handful I'd like to know more about

Or...

saveliberty:

You are welcome to steal any of this stuff, people gotta eat.

relegated to being a panhandler..

th

The humility of it

like Will. He's a challenge.

Hmmm...

I think many here are fairly intelligent, so boredom is more the issue.

Not many people show it.... or share it.....

I have been here a long time. After awhile it becomes clear you are not going to reach most people and sway their opinion. Giving short rebuttals with some humor became easier and more entertaining to me. Sorry you feel short changed.

I don't understand that.
Maybe the people here 'share themselves more' in real life and don't believe that's what a message board is for?

I think people come here to vent and that's all it is. Venting. An outlet. Those who take everything seriously instead of just someone venting and saying shit they won't say in public to people face to face due to 1) maybe losing their job 2) don't want to hurt someone they care about 3) have no other social life due to ill health, etc 4) insert your own here________________.

I've seen everyone at their worst. Flat out worst. But I have also seen those same people come together to help someone out that is REALLY hurting. Those same helpful-but-otherwise-mean folks are not stupid though, so anyone pretending to be a victim 24/7/365 are just asking for trouble. But if they are REALLY in pain, mentally or physically and NEED the majority here....they get the help or advice or assistance or hugs they need. Period.
Which is why I said 50% or less.

I think people are here for different needs.
If you are really in trouble, you should have REAL LIFE family and friends to go to.
If you are leaning on people here, you have issues in real life
I can't help but notice that you seem to do a lot of questioning here, and that you ask a lot of personal questions. I have, rightly or wrongly, begun to think YOU do that because you don't have people in RL you can talk to in the way you would like, for whatever reason. If true, does that make you a loser or unhappy? I have no idea. But, I don't think you are going to find what you seek on a message board. Just because people are anonymous here, it doesn't necessarily follow that the majority probably, will want to divulge really, really personal stuff, and I don't think that many people are here with the intention of doing that. Also, you seem to like putting people into boxes, categorising them. Here your options are posters are either losers or unhappy. Do you only offer these options because you see yourself and others only within these two categories???

could be! but also observances of others. hiding in humor, I think people are all deep. looking. wanting.
I admit I could be wrong about that and don't remove myself from the equation.
I have people I can talk to in real life.
I don't have people I WANT to talk to in real life, or, not many.
I LIKE sharing in this format. Maybe I feel like it is safe. If someone rejects me or rails on me here, it won't hurt as much as if some one did it to me in real life.

I can "talk"/type here and don't have to see the people I am talking to look away, interrupt, yawn.
That makes me shut down.

Or...

saveliberty:

th

The humility of it

Indeed...

I've been challenged most of my life

(3) Unhappy home lives

I may have some avoidance in real life. I actually enjoy being around others, but, find it draining. It's hard for me to monitor what I say, and, in social situations, you need to do that. It take a lot of energy for me. My home life is hard - and not really what I have been used to for the 1st 39 years of my life. It requires a lot of adjustment and compromise, something I am not used to. I have to be honest, however, I'm a better person (much better person) now than I was 10 years ago.....
I find being around others draining too. I am basically unsociable, but do a very good job of hiding it when I have to. I wish I didn't have to do that, but I do. Hell is other people :)

Hmmm...

I think many here are fairly intelligent, so boredom is more the issue.

Not many people show it.... or share it.....

I have been here a long time. After awhile it becomes clear you are not going to reach most people and sway their opinion. Giving short rebuttals with some humor became easier and more entertaining to me. Sorry you feel short changed.

I don't understand that.
Maybe the people here 'share themselves more' in real life and don't believe that's what a message board is for?

There is not doubt. Most are here to discuss politics.
But I don't see a lot of real actual discussion, do you?

Or...

saveliberty:

th

The humility of it

Indeed...

I've been challenged most of my life

it may take years, but I will break you

We have legions of lurkers here on USMB. Take a look at the membership numbers and run that against how many of us post regularly. Posters as losers? I think not, many do not even post. Now that said, we have some losers and I think Si Modo defined that already.

I think about other people, work related things, home projects, and many things outside myself. I do not evaluate my feelings and life a whole lot, so I am not going to talk about it much either.

Forum List

Back