What now libs? Less than 18,000 jobs and

Ongoing loss of government jobs is a major factor in the job growth weakness and has been for years.

Why aren't you small government conservatives happy? You should be, your agenda IS advancing,

and this is the result.

I've been trying for months to explain this to you people. Smaller government, whatever else it is, is a job killer, not a job creator.

You're a fucking moron. Yeah, show me, I dare you where we are getting "small Government" you pile of worthless shit.

You literally just blamed Obama's failures on "Small Government." Get fucked you Troll.

Government employment fell by 39,000 in June. It has fallen by something like 300-400,000 over the past 18 months or so.

And yet Government spending is on the rise... So, obviously it must be "small Government" at work here yes? Do "you people" really just make this shit up as you go along?

Question, who did these evil cuts?

Lots are the govt employees retiring while the getting is good.
And before they are banned from double dipping.

tax breaks for the wealthy have been going on for over a decade now and the great job stream promised has never materialized.

Cutting the size of government has also been going on and no job stream apparent as claimed.

Why should we keep doing things that have already failed?

We've been cutting the size of the government? Are you smoking crack?

Do you have any links to back that statement up?

Immie

actually every month "gov." has been shedding jobs, 39K last month....now these could be also from attrition etc. but payrolls have been dropping.

Government employment fell by 39,000, the eighth drop in a row, following declines in all levels of government struggling to close budget gaps.

Jobs Data Dim Recovery Hopes - WSJ.com

Sure, but Government shrinking it's payroll by .0001% is not "small Government."

This is what you get when your president continually badmouths businesses.
This is what you get when your president continually spouts off about raising taxes on the very people who could invest here in the USA instead of elsewhere in the world. Why else would the foreign investors stop putting money into our economy and instead are buying our gov't bonds and treasuries?
This is what you get when your corporate tax rate is the highest or 2nd highest in the world.
This is what you get when you write reams of new regs that cost businesses 1.5 trillion a year to comply with.
This is what you get when you do everything you can to stop drilling for oil and natural gas and instead waste billions on ridiculous high speed railways that will never be economically viable, or on wind and solar companies, many of which are overseas, that won't be viable either.
This is what you get when your EPA does an end run around Congress to implement as much of the cap and trade program as they can.
This is what you get when your NLRB obstructs expanding into right to work states.
This is what you get when you let the environmentalists delay or destroy every project that could grow an economy and create jobs.
This is what you get when you focus on FAIRNESS for some people instead of what's best for everybody.

This is what you get when you elect a man who doesn't know how to givern, has no courage and no clue. He gives a helluva nice speech though. I hope we do not re-elect him, but if we do we'll deserve what follows.

Last edited:
You're a fucking moron. Yeah, show me, I dare you where we are getting "small Government" you pile of worthless shit.

You literally just blamed Obama's failures on "Small Government." Get fucked you Troll.

Government employment fell by 39,000 in June. It has fallen by something like 300-400,000 over the past 18 months or so.

And yet Government spending is on the rise... So, obviously it must be "small Government" at work here yes? Do "you people" really just make this shit up as you go along?

You might want to consider not frothing at the mouth.

The decline in government employment is occurring at the state, city and county levels.

This is all BS anyways... So if the Government sheds a few jobs (yes, a few in the grand scheme of things) "small Government" gets the blame but when the Privet sector is dropping hundreds of thousands in a month Big Government (you know, what we have...) gets zero blame... it's retarded really.

And as uscitizen said, many could be retiring, my Dad just did in June and he worked for the water agency.

The decline in government employment is occurring at the state, city and county levels.

Believe it or not I'm perfectly calm... But you might want to consider not taking such a bias point of view as to claim "small Government" is to blame.

So I guess the question to you is, do we have something that resembles "small Government?"

Ongoing loss of government jobs is a major factor in the job growth weakness and has been for years.

Why aren't you small government conservatives happy? You should be, your agenda IS advancing,

and this is the result.

I've been trying for months to explain this to you people. Smaller government, whatever else it is, is a job killer, not a job creator.

No its not,but it works as a good excuse.

It is no different,then all other labor changing events.The cotton gin put how many people out of work? But yet the country survived.Labor will shift from wasteful non efficient tax payer funded jobs to efficient privet sector jobs.The movement needs a push,cutting spending by all levels of Gov to reasonable and responsible levels is just part of what needs to be done.

Really? When will this happen? How will this happen? What private job market sectors are looking for workers? Where is the demand? When 100,000 state/local/federal government workers get laid off, where in the private sector are they getting scooped up and put to work?

You must face the reality that we are a nation in decline that has been sold out to globalist capitalism. There is no magic money tree in the private sector waiting for hundreds of thousands of American workers directly or indirectly working for the government that is going to cure the job problem.

In fact, as the government gets smaller, the private sector suffers as well. Add up the amount in government contracts - paid for by your taxes and mine - that goes to private business...

...what do those workers do when the government money dries up?

and this is the result.

It is no different,then all other labor changing events.The cotton gin put how many people out of work? But yet the country survived.Labor will shift from wasteful non efficient tax payer funded jobs to efficient privet sector jobs.The movement needs a push,cutting spending by all levels of Gov to reasonable and responsible levels is just part of what needs to be done.

At least 25% of this country gets the money they live on from the government either directly or indirectly.
Where would the medical industry be without Medicare/medicaid?
the grocers would have to lay off if food stamps were ended.

Basically every dollar of every program to help the poor goes directly back into our economy.

Don't forget the defense industry. The biggest taxpayer funded make-work project America has ever seen.

Believe it or not I'm perfectly calm... But you might want to consider not taking such a bias point of view as to claim "small Government" is to blame.

So I guess the question to you is, do we have something that resembles "small Government?"

Your posts aren't calm.

I wouldn't say we have small government. But government jobs have been declining.

Your posts aren't calm.

I wouldn't say we have small government. But government jobs have been declining.

Would you at least admit we have a huge Government? lol?

At least 25% of this country gets the money they live on from the government either directly or indirectly.
Where would the medical industry be without Medicare/medicaid?
the grocers would have to lay off if food stamps were ended.

Basically every dollar of every program to help the poor goes directly back into our economy.

Don't forget the defense industry. The biggest taxpayer funded make-work project America has ever seen.

Thank you both for great reasons the US needs to cut spending drastically. I don't think I could have put it better myself.

The dependency of people for Government assistance is so overwhelming on the privet sector that it is proving to be too demanding. The privet sector having issues rocks the boat but the public sector's dependency manages to near capsize that boat.

The wiggle room is just not there anymore.

And for the record, if Government was not in HC chances are it would be much more affordable. Of course I can only base this off reality and the fact that Government is MASSIVELY involved in HC and DUN DUN DUN, it's not affordable. So one should assume the answer is not more government intervention, but hey, let’s get more government in there so we can watch prices sky rocket.

Your posts aren't calm.

I would say that we have more government than I would prefer.

The resultant hysteria of someone who can't refute the facts rears its ugly head again.

What do you dispute?

1. That we've lost hundreds of thousands of government jobs in the last 3 years?

2. That loss of government jobs raises the unemployment rate?

3. That the conservative consensus is that cutting government spending creates jobs?

4. That the conservative consensus is that losing hundreds of thousands of government jobs is a good thing?

Which of those do you claim is false?

Soooo, no :facts" on the smaller Government claims... Nice...

So let me get this strait, Government spending grows... privet sector jobs decrease and that's ok with you... Then, Government spending grows and Government jobs are lost and it's all "small governments" fault.

Oooook.

Do you dispute any of those 4 points?

Your posts aren't calm.

I would say that we have more government than I would prefer.

I'd say that too. There was an op-ed inthe WSJ a day or to ago about the easy way to cut spending in Washington. One of 'em talked about cutting the number of federal management layers, In 2005 a study was done that showed an average of 18 layers between the top of an agency, like the Secretary of Agriculture, and the guys at the bottom, like a forest ranger. This is up from only 7 layers in 1960. Tell me our gov't isn't a bloated bureaucracy.

This is what you get when your president continually badmouths businesses.
This is what you get when your president continually spouts off about raising taxes on the very people who could invest here in the USA instead of elsewhere in the world. Why else would the foreign investors stop putting money into our economy and instead are buying our gov't bonds and treasuries?
This is what you get when your corporate tax rate is the highest or 2nd highest in the world.
This is what you get when you write reams of new regs that cost businesses 1.5 trillion a year to comply with.
This is what you get when you do everything you can to stop drilling for oil and natural gas and instead waste billions on ridiculous high speed railways that will never be economically viable, or on wind and solar companies, many of which are overseas, that won't be viable either.
This is what you get when your EPA does an end run around Congress to implement as much of the cap and trade program as they can.
This is what you get when your NLRB obstructs expanding into right to work states.
This is what you get when you let the environmentalists delay or destroy every project that could grow an economy and create jobs.
This is what you get when you focus on FAIRNESS for some people instead of what's best for everybody.

This is what you get when you elect a man who doesn't know how to givern, has no courage and no clue. He gives a helluva nice speech though. I hope we do not re-elect him, but if we do we'll deserve what follows.

A nice diatribe on Bush for the most part.

Forum List

Back