What no looting?

Right, and what is ordering an evacuation? You don't need training to leave.

I am talking about what the people are doing AFTER the disaster. They are not a mob looting everything in site that is left.

no ---they have respect for other people and other people's property.
They know that things in are store are not free to take simple because no one is there to catch them at it.

are you missing a few words? ....

I agree...the Japanese have respect for others. Something lacking here.

I also agree.... they took advantage of the hurricane as and excuse and cover to loot the city. You do remember that it was to DANGEROUS because of the PEOPLE to send in first responders don't you?

Helloooooo
I'm saying the same damn thing you are --------

Not oppressed per say, but that city had a high volume of poverty and violence, it was in the top 10 in crime, hell I think it still is. You can't expect a city with those kind of numbers to behave like gentlemen when disaster strikes.

Should we therefor have expected them to act like coyotes?

I really dont know how to answer that, is there a handbook on how to act during a crisis? if you lived in New Orleans during Katrina and you had no water and no food in your house, are you saying you would sit there and wait for help to arrive?
Food and water are one thing, HG.

TV's, DVD players, Ipods, computers, etc., aren't going to do you a damn thing.

I wouldn't mind visiting Japan, I have some friends in the Military stationed there and they love it. One of them married a Japanese woman and never wants to leave.

Why is it the only countries that learned anything from WW2 were the losers?

What do you mean by that?

Japan is now an incredible society that had one of the best economies in the world. Germany is doing good too. That is what I meant.

Everyone knows if there is anykind of disaster in a black area of the world, there will be rioting and looting.

What no looting?

I am watching the aftermath of the earthquake in Japan, something that has effected the entire country. Reports are coming in that the shops are closed and that people are on the roads looking for food and water.

I am amazed at the how the Japanese are responding... in comparison to how the people involved in the katrina flood responded.

They are not looting businesses or turning into whining animals.

Amazing comparison don't you think?

Having visited Japan on multiple occassions there are probably several factors:
-Cultural - Japan is an extremely collective society. The state is much more important then the indivdual. To dishonor the state over self is a grave offense.
-Government - The Japanese are remarkably efficient in getting goods and services to the people. Tokyo, although very crowded, had a very very high standard of living.

Not oppressed per say, but that city had a high volume of poverty and violence, it was in the top 10 in crime, hell I think it still is. You can't expect a city with those kind of numbers to behave like gentlemen when disaster strikes.

Should we therefor have expected them to act like coyotes?

Still waiting for that proof of what I said.... or an admission that you were wrong. Just so you know. You might run away, I don't.

Candied yams

Why is it the only countries that learned anything from WW2 were the losers?

Japan is now an incredible society that had one of the best economies in the world. Germany is doing good too. That is what I meant.

Had is the key word here.... HAD

Their economy was, and is, in the tank for doing what we are CURRENTLY doing.

This is going to hurt Japan in a bad way any way ya look at it.

Had is the key word here.... HAD

Their economy was, and is, in the tank for doing what we are CURRENTLY doing.

This is going to hurt Japan in a bad way any way ya look at it.

Maybe..maybe not.

Horrible as it is..they are going to need to rebuild. And that opens up a great deal of opportunity.

Is 36 hours enough notice? Nagin first called for voluntary evacuations 40 hours before landfall.

How about 24 hours? Nagin ORDERED MANDATORY evacuations 24 hours and 36 minutes before the storm made landfall.

Keep in mind that NOAA had been advising evacuation, and that the levees would fail, for at least 72 hours prior to landfall.

Japan had no notice of the earthquake, and 15 minutes notice of the tsunami.

It isn't notification. It IS preparedness. And that responsibility falls on each individual, not the government. The people were told to get the hell out in plenty of time for them to have complied. They chose not to.

L-9 was not Bangladesh. Yes, they were poor, but they weren't incapacitated. Their biggest problem wasn't their lack of resources, it was their lack of common sense and order. Had they heeded the voluntary, or MANDATORY evacuation orders, Katrina would have been just another hurricane.

Maybe in your world but certainly not in Japan. In my world doing what is prudent to prevent a disaster would make more sense than expecting unprepared and under funded individuals to react to suit you to the neglect of the authorities that are charged with a communities safety.

They were told to leave. They chose not to. It really IS that simple.

We get about 20 tornado warnings a year (not watches, but warnings, which means there is an actual tornado in the area). I continue to live here. If I am killed in a tornado, I don't expect anyone to blame whoever the current President is for killing me. I don't expect anyone to make excuses for me. It will be no one's responsibility but my own, and God's.

I guess that's just me.

Simplistic...not simple. Firstly you would have to make it clear to those people in the Parish that their homes would likely be under water if they stayed. I do not believe those people had that exact warning. Just telling people that a hurricane is approaching when many have easily survived them in the past is a criminal lie. The other tiny detail you have not taken into account is that MOST of the people there did not have the means( cash or transportation or a place to go) or the physical ability, in the cases of many of the elderly that drowned, to escape.

I'm getting tired of explaining the obvious to people that obviously have another agenda to promote.....AKA white supremacy. "Hey Looky at ME!!!! I'm superior to people of color because they stole and drowned and I didn't!!!"

"Hey Looky at ME!!!! I'm superior to people of color because they stole and drowned and I didn't!!!"

That's not what whites are saying. Attention was first focused on them for being racist meanies who wouldn't help the poor blackies in NO. The media had it that black suffering was WHITES' fault. Blacks, politicians, academics, etc. all said this.

Nobody ever said hey, wait a minute, maybe blacks are to blame here.

So excuse white people for pointing out that when disasters happen to them, they don't turn into beasts quite as quickly.

I get sick of explaining to people that not everything is explainable by the "white bad, blackie good" theory favored by the liberals.

Simplistic...not simple. Firstly you would have to make it clear to those people in the Parish that their homes would likely be under water if they stayed. I do not believe those people had that exact warning. Just telling people that a hurricane is approaching when many have easily survived them in the past is a criminal lie. The other tiny detail you have not taken into account is that MOST of the people there did not have the means( cash or transportation or a place to go) or the physical ability, in the cases of many of the elderly that drowned, to escape.

I'm getting tired of explaining the obvious to people that obviously have another agenda to promote.....AKA white supremacy. "Hey Looky at ME!!!! I'm superior to people of color because they stole and drowned and I didn't!!!"

Oh that's nice. Now I'm a white supremacist? Really Huggy? I'm a fucking Indian you idiot!

NOAA issued 53 warnings prior to landfall, and another 7 over the succeeding 24 hours. From August 28th at around 10am, the warnings basically said "If you stay in New Orleans, you're going to die." Go read them yourself:

Hurricane KATRINA Advisory Archive

So the people who stayed, because they didn't have transportation, couldn't read, or didn't understand English (I have no argument for the true invalids....all 20-30 of them), were paralyzed BEFORE landfall, but magically became mobile enough AFTER landfall to find the French Quarter and Canal Street?

Guess what.....

Had they gone on to Canal and the Quarter prior to landfall, they would have been fine. Those areas were not hit nearly as hard, and in fact are basically where they evacuated everyone to once they could get out of L-9 (the Dome and CC are steps off of Canal)

But that story doesn't score you any political or racial apologist points, does it?

They chose to stay in L-9. That proved a fatal decision, even AFTER they were ordered to leave. Once landfall had happened, they couldn't get out. As soon as they could, did they seek help? Nope. Did they band together and save each other? Nope. They broke into every abandoned house they came across. Then they hauled ass to Canal and busted every window they could find, and hauled their new shit back to their flooded homes in L-9. Most of them were black. Some of them were white. NONE of them were Indians.

White supremacist.....

That's the best laugh I've had in months.

Whites stole everything they have, and everything that was ours. And now, the blacks are going to steal it from you.

That is poetic justice, my friend. I doubt I'll get to see it, not from here at least. But when it happens (and we all know it will), think of me, and the smile that will crawl across my face.

Maybe in your world but certainly not in Japan. In my world doing what is prudent to prevent a disaster would make more sense than expecting unprepared and under funded individuals to react to suit you to the neglect of the authorities that are charged with a communities safety.

They were told to leave. They chose not to. It really IS that simple.

We get about 20 tornado warnings a year (not watches, but warnings, which means there is an actual tornado in the area). I continue to live here. If I am killed in a tornado, I don't expect anyone to blame whoever the current President is for killing me. I don't expect anyone to make excuses for me. It will be no one's responsibility but my own, and God's.

I guess that's just me.

I was not aware that Asians were now white supremacist. How hard is it to understand that the Japanese are behaving in a very civilized fashion in a horrific situation. It just shows how badly the people in this country behave.

Oh that's nice. Now I'm a white supremacist? Really Huggy? I'm a fucking Indian you idiot!

NOAA issued 53 warnings prior to landfall, and another 7 over the succeeding 24 hours. From August 28th at around 10am, the warnings basically said "If you stay in New Orleans, you're going to die." Go read them yourself:

So the people who stayed, because they didn't have transportation, couldn't read, or didn't understand English (I have no argument for the true invalids....all 20-30 of them), were paralyzed BEFORE landfall, but magically became mobile enough AFTER landfall to find the French Quarter and Canal Street?

Guess what.....

Had they gone on to Canal and the Quarter prior to landfall, they would have been fine. Those areas were not hit nearly as hard, and in fact are basically where they evacuated everyone to once they could get out of L-9 (the Dome and CC are steps off of Canal)

But that story doesn't score you any political or racial apologist points, does it?

They chose to stay in L-9. That proved a fatal decision, even AFTER they were ordered to leave. Once landfall had happened, they couldn't get out. As soon as they could, did they seek help? Nope. Did they band together and save each other? Nope. They broke into every abandoned house they came across. Then they hauled ass to Canal and busted every window they could find, and hauled their new shit back to their flooded homes in L-9. Most of them were black. Some of them were white. NONE of them were Indians.

White supremacist.....

Whites stole everything they have, and everything that was ours. And now, the blacks are going to steal it from you.

That is poetic justice, my friend. I doubt I'll get to see it, not from here at least. But when it happens (and we all know it will), think of me, and the smile that will crawl across my face.

Did I name you in the indictment? Ya I like a big score! :lol: That's why I hate soccer. Don't get me started on Native Americans. :eek: I'm not going to go through all the NOAA memos...give me the Cliff Notes version. #1 Did the warnings specifically say "Your house will be under water from a failed levee"? #2 How do you know the warnings actually got to the people at risk?

[I was not aware that Asians were now white supremacist. How hard is it to understand that the Japanese are behaving in a very civilized fashion in a horrific situation. It just shows how badly the people in this country behave.

Now when the Japanese say"Our country is fucked. Lets invade the United States and demand they accept our language as Press 2!" like Mexicans, then you can say they are LA RAZA supremacists (the master race).

Guess what.....

White supremacist.....

Did I name you in the indictment? Ya I like a big score! :lol: That's why I hate soccer. Don't get me started on Native Americans. :eek: I'm not going to go through all the NOAA memos...give me the Cliff Notes version. #1 Did the warnings specifically say "Your house will be under water from a failed levee"? #2 How do you know the warnings actually got to the people at risk?

Huggy, quit while you're behind.

From the NOAA warnings (SEVERAL of them)

A HURRICANE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE NORTH CENTRAL GULF COAST
FROM MORGAN CITY LOUISIANA EASTWARD TO THE ALABAMA/FLORIDA
BORDER...INCLUDING THE CITY OF NEW ORLEANS AND LAKE PONTCHARTRAIN.
PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY SHOULD BE COMPLETED THIS
EVENING.

COASTAL STORM SURGE FLOODING OF 18 TO 22 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE
LEVELS...LOCALLY AS HIGH AS 28 FEET...ALONG WITH LARGE AND DANGEROUS
BATTERING WAVES...CAN BE EXPECTED NEAR AND TO THE EAST OF WHERE THE
CENTER MAKES LANDFALL. SOME LEVEES IN THE GREATER NEW ORLEANS AREA
COULD BE OVERTOPPED.

So no, it doesn't say "Tyrone Chatham's house is gonna get fucked up," or "Bessie Mae Johnson, you need to pack yo shit an git, girl!"

And no, I don't think they sent the warnings via Certified Mail, rap songs, or printed on the side of liquor bottles, where a larger percentage of the people would have probably seen it.

They DID send vans through with loud speakers, but again, they probably used multi-syllabic words like "evacuate" and "hurricane," and probably did not take into account the fact that residents of L-9 tend to run away quickly from ANY vehicle with the Seal of the City of New Orleans painted on its doors.

And the warnings also assume that people know how tall "28 feet" is, and what specific terms such as "Louisiana," Preparations," "Levees," and "New Orleans" mean.

The only people more worthy of Darwin Awards than those who ignored EVERYONE and EVERYTHING telling them to leave, ORDERING them to leave, are the people who want to victimize and apologize for them.

They chose to stay. That's the only fact that matters, for without that choice, Katrina is just another hurricane.

And Katrina did exactly what everyone said it would do, destroying everything in its path.

But somehow, its whitey's fault for not sending a fucking limo to pick them up and take them clubbing until the storm had passed.

Alrighty, then...

But one glaring question remains Huggy, for you and all those crying and apologizing about it 10 years later.....

Where the fuck were YOU?

Last edited:

From the NOAA warnings (SEVERAL of them)

A HURRICANE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE NORTH CENTRAL GULF COAST
FROM MORGAN CITY LOUISIANA EASTWARD TO THE ALABAMA/FLORIDA
BORDER...INCLUDING THE CITY OF NEW ORLEANS AND LAKE PONTCHARTRAIN.
PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY SHOULD BE COMPLETED THIS
EVENING.

COASTAL STORM SURGE FLOODING OF 18 TO 22 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE
LEVELS...LOCALLY AS HIGH AS 28 FEET...ALONG WITH LARGE AND DANGEROUS
BATTERING WAVES...CAN BE EXPECTED NEAR AND TO THE EAST OF WHERE THE
CENTER MAKES LANDFALL. SOME LEVEES IN THE GREATER NEW ORLEANS AREA
COULD BE OVERTOPPED.

So no, it doesn't say "Tyrone Chatham's house is gonna get fucked up," or "Bessie Mae Johnson, you need to pack yo shit an git, girl!"

And no, I don't think they sent the warnings via Certified Mail, rap songs, or printed on the side of liquor bottles, where a larger percentage of the people would have probably seen it.

They DID send vans through with loud speakers, but again, they probably used multi-syllabic words like "evacuate" and "hurricane," and probably did not take into account the fact that residents of L-9 tend to run away quickly from ANY vehicle with the Seal of the City of New Orleans painted on its doors.

And the warnings also assume that people know how tall "28 feet" is, and what specific terms such as "Louisiana," Preparations," "Levees," and "New Orleans" mean.

The only people more worthy of Darwin Awards than those who ignored EVERYONE and EVERYTHING telling them to leave, ORDERING them to leave, are the people who want to victimize and apologize for them.

They chose to stay. That's the only fact that matters, for without that choice, Katrina is just another hurricane.

And Katrina did exactly what everyone said it would do, destroying everything in its path.

But somehow, its whitey's fault for not sending a fucking limo to pick them up and take them clubbing until the storm had passed.

Alrighty, then...

But one glaring question remains Huggy, for you and all those crying and apologizing about it 10 years later.....

Where the fuck were YOU?

New Orleans is a poor city, where do you expect the people to go? for most of them everything they had was in the city. Everyone with the means to leave did before Katrina hit, the people left behind were the people no money.

Forum List

Back