What no looting?

New Orleans is a poor city, where do you expect the people to go? for most of them everything they had was in the city. Everyone with the means to leave did before Katrina hit, the people left behind were the people no money.

And yet they found their way to the Quarter and Canal as soon as the water had receded in L-9.

Canal is where they were evacuated to.

Had they gone there before landfall, they would have been fine. The Superdome is a 5 minute ride from L-9, maybe a 25 minute walk. After the mandatory evacuation was ordered, buses were running to shuttle people to the Superdome on the 28th and very early on the 29th, at no charge.

So they didn't have the means to get there BEFORE landfall, but they suddenly did AFTER? It was easier to get there once the streets were flooded, and the buses had been parked?

It almost sounds like Katrina did them a favor?

Or did they make a very, very bad choice?

The argument is getting convoluted.

Ask yourselves this question:

If the people who live within a few hundred yards of Fukushima Daiichi decide to ignore the Japanese government and stay in their homes, who will be responsible for their deaths if radiation is the cause?

The argument is getting convoluted.

Ask yourselves this question:

If the people who live within a few hundred yards of Fukushima Daiichi decide to ignore the Japanese government and stay in their homes, who will be responsible for their deaths if radiation is the cause?

Why don't you ask yourself why you haven't got the balls to admit you fucked up? Do you really want to be a coward?

Did I name you in the indictment? Ya I like a big score! :lol: That's why I hate soccer. Don't get me started on Native Americans. :eek: I'm not going to go through all the NOAA memos...give me the Cliff Notes version. #1 Did the warnings specifically say "Your house will be under water from a failed levee"? #2 How do you know the warnings actually got to the people at risk?

From the NOAA warnings (SEVERAL of them)

A HURRICANE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE NORTH CENTRAL GULF COAST
FROM MORGAN CITY LOUISIANA EASTWARD TO THE ALABAMA/FLORIDA
BORDER...INCLUDING THE CITY OF NEW ORLEANS AND LAKE PONTCHARTRAIN.
PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY SHOULD BE COMPLETED THIS
EVENING.

COASTAL STORM SURGE FLOODING OF 18 TO 22 FEET ABOVE NORMAL TIDE
LEVELS...LOCALLY AS HIGH AS 28 FEET...ALONG WITH LARGE AND DANGEROUS
BATTERING WAVES...CAN BE EXPECTED NEAR AND TO THE EAST OF WHERE THE
CENTER MAKES LANDFALL. SOME LEVEES IN THE GREATER NEW ORLEANS AREA
COULD BE OVERTOPPED.

So no, it doesn't say "Tyrone Chatham's house is gonna get fucked up," or "Bessie Mae Johnson, you need to pack yo shit an git, girl!"

And no, I don't think they sent the warnings via Certified Mail, rap songs, or printed on the side of liquor bottles, where a larger percentage of the people would have probably seen it.

They DID send vans through with loud speakers, but again, they probably used multi-syllabic words like "evacuate" and "hurricane," and probably did not take into account the fact that residents of L-9 tend to run away quickly from ANY vehicle with the Seal of the City of New Orleans painted on its doors.

And the warnings also assume that people know how tall "28 feet" is, and what specific terms such as "Louisiana," Preparations," "Levees," and "New Orleans" mean.

The only people more worthy of Darwin Awards than those who ignored EVERYONE and EVERYTHING telling them to leave, ORDERING them to leave, are the people who want to victimize and apologize for them.

They chose to stay. That's the only fact that matters, for without that choice, Katrina is just another hurricane.

And Katrina did exactly what everyone said it would do, destroying everything in its path.

But somehow, its whitey's fault for not sending a fucking limo to pick them up and take them clubbing until the storm had passed.

Alrighty, then...

But one glaring question remains Huggy, for you and all those crying and apologizing about it 10 years later.....

Where the fuck were YOU?

New Orleans is a poor city, where do you expect the people to go? for most of them everything they had was in the city. Everyone with the means to leave did before Katrina hit, the people left behind were the people no money.

Doesn't cost a cent to walk, or to help those who can't.

And for 36 hours prior, it didn't cost a cent to ride the bus either.

The strongest argument in this thread is Jake's "Mini wasn't there" crap.

That's their best hope, rewriting history.

From the NOAA warnings (SEVERAL of them)

So no, it doesn't say "Tyrone Chatham's house is gonna get fucked up," or "Bessie Mae Johnson, you need to pack yo shit an git, girl!"

And no, I don't think they sent the warnings via Certified Mail, rap songs, or printed on the side of liquor bottles, where a larger percentage of the people would have probably seen it.

They DID send vans through with loud speakers, but again, they probably used multi-syllabic words like "evacuate" and "hurricane," and probably did not take into account the fact that residents of L-9 tend to run away quickly from ANY vehicle with the Seal of the City of New Orleans painted on its doors.

And the warnings also assume that people know how tall "28 feet" is, and what specific terms such as "Louisiana," Preparations," "Levees," and "New Orleans" mean.

The only people more worthy of Darwin Awards than those who ignored EVERYONE and EVERYTHING telling them to leave, ORDERING them to leave, are the people who want to victimize and apologize for them.

They chose to stay. That's the only fact that matters, for without that choice, Katrina is just another hurricane.

And Katrina did exactly what everyone said it would do, destroying everything in its path.

But somehow, its whitey's fault for not sending a fucking limo to pick them up and take them clubbing until the storm had passed.

Alrighty, then...

But one glaring question remains Huggy, for you and all those crying and apologizing about it 10 years later.....

Where the fuck were YOU?

Where are they going to walk to?

Take a bus where? if you don't have family anywhere else but New Orleans and no money, where are you supposed to go?

Take a bus where? if you don't have family anywhere else but New Orleans and no money, where are you supposed to go?

They were ordered to evacuate. The Superdome was made available to those who had nowhere to evacuate TO, just as it had always been provided in hurricane conditions. Buses were provided at no charge to shuttle people there, and NOAA had already told everyone that "wooden structures would likely not sustain the destruction."

They ended up walking to the Superdome, through flooded streets, AFTER landfall.

They still chose to stay.

As desperate as people remain to find some other reason for the death and destruction, no one can get over that small, but immovable hurdle.

For you to talk about 'rewriting' anything is laughable. You accused me of saying something I did not say.... and you don't have the balls to man up and admit it. Therefore, nothing you say is valid. You are a proven liar.

For you to talk about 'rewriting' anything is laughable. You accused me of saying something I did not say.... and you don't have the balls to man up and admit it. Therefore, nothing you say is valid. You are a proven liar.

Translation for those who don't want to go back 20 pages:

"LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!!!"

That is all.....

They were ordered to evacuate. The Superdome was made available to those who had nowhere to evacuate TO, just as it had always been provided in hurricane conditions. Buses were provided at no charge to shuttle people there, and NOAA had already told everyone that "wooden structures would likely not sustain the destruction."

They ended up walking to the Superdome, through flooded streets, AFTER landfall.

As desperate as people remain to find some other reason for the death and destruction, no one can get over that small, but immovable hurdle.

I personally would have went to the superdome, I don't know why the people stayed, maybe trying to save their homes?

The supposition that nature disasters inevitably LEAD TO LOOTING IN THE USA is highly overstated.

I recently lived though a nature disaster (mid 90s).

No looting occurred,.

In fact people were friendlier and more helpful than they normally are.

Will CRIMINALS do CRIMES druing nature disasters?

Sure, but then too, they do crimes where there are no nature disasters, too.

Last edited:

Where are they going to walk to?

As far from the beach as possible. It's amazing when you ask someone how often they go for a walk they just look at you funny.

I personally would have went to the superdome, I don't know why the people stayed, maybe trying to save their homes?

I honestly can understand them staying up until Sunday night. We get so many hurricane/tornado warnings, and almost all of them tick off in a different direction shortly before landfall.

But by Sunday night, it was clear that this was going to impact New Orleans HEAVILY, even if it did track away at the last instant (which it did, but this time making it even worse).

We staged about 90 miles away, in Tillman's Corner near Dauphin Island, and even there we thought of heading further inland. It was still hurricane strength when it hit Tuscaloosa, AL, well over 150 miles inland.

There were about 5 houses still standing on Dauphin Island, out of 5,000? Bayou La Batre was obliterated.

There were only 2 deaths in Alabama related to Katrina. And Mobile was hit with 16ft surges, flooded to 6ft in the lower parts of downtown.

As I recall, one of the Alabama deaths was due to power failure to an elderly woman on life support. The other was a fisherman who drowned trying to ride out the storm on his shrimper.

The supposition that nature disasters inevitably LEAD TO LOOTING IN THE USA is highly overstated.

I recently lived though a nature disaster (mid 90s).

No looting occurred,.

In fact people were friendlier and more helpful than they normally are.

Will CRIMINALS do CRIMES druing nature disasters?

Sure, but then too, they do crimes where there are no nature disasters, too.

Where did you live???

Forum List

Back