What movies can you watch over and over and over...?

Thin Man

The Quiet Man

5 Came Back

Lost Horizon

Arsenic and Old Lace
The Quiet Man is my favorite John Wayne movie. I love that fight!
Man Who Shot Liberty Valance or Searchers are the best John Wayne movies. Maybe big Jake in there too.
The Hustler
The Con
Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid
Cool Hand Luke
Shawshank
Second Hand Lions
It's A Wonderfull Life
Bells of Saint MAry's
White CHristmas
Crossroads
A river Runs Through it
Forest Gump
Dazed and Confused
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Caddyshack
Super Bad
Big Fish
Unforgiven
Big
Overboard

For christmas movies I love Jim Careys Grinch.

The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there – on such short notice! Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn’t allow it. 4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me – I can’t cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing… I’m booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. … But what would I wear?!:laugh2:

Sorry to harsh the thread, but Jim Carey is No Boris Karloff. The original TV special is much better.

Not to me. I love this version the best :)

Ain't diversity grand?

I like the old Christmas TV specials: Rudolph, Charlie Brown, and Grinch the best.

The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there – on such short notice! Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn’t allow it. 4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me – I can’t cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing… I’m booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. … But what would I wear?!:laugh2:

Sorry to harsh the thread, but Jim Carey is No Boris Karloff. The original TV special is much better.

Ain't diversity grand?

I like the old Christmas TV specials: Rudolph, Charlie Brown, and Grinch the best.

I prefer A Christmas Carol, with the Lockhart Family portraying Tiny Tims family

A Christmas Carol (1938) - IMDb

Ain't diversity grand?

It’s amazing that the Christmas specials you watch over and over were made over 50 years ago. Nothing new cuts it

Same goes for Christmas songs
Our favorite songs were also our grandparents favorite songs

Ain't diversity grand?

I prefer A Christmas Carol, with the Lockhart Family portraying Tiny Tims family

That is the best version of a A Christmas Carol - I try to watch that every year. The cast is fabulous!

Ain't diversity grand?

That is the best version of a A Christmas Carol - I try to watch that every year. The cast is fabulous!

Ever notice June Lockhart as Tiny Tims sister?

Ain't diversity grand?

It’s amazing that the Christmas specials you watch over and over were made over 50 years ago. Nothing new cuts it

Agreed. I bought a few Christmas CDs featuring Nat King Cole, Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby...those are the best, along with the soundtrack to A Charlie Brown Christmas. And The Carpenters Christmas recording are wonderful.

Funny aside. There is a posh steak house in San Francisco called Harris. The first time mr. boe and I dined there, we were sitting within hearing distance of the house jazz trio. At one point, I started bobbing my head from side to side and noticed other people doing the same thing. Then I realized they were playing one of the Charlie Brown songs. So cute!

Ain't diversity grand?

Yes - and the Cratchit parents are her real parents!

Ain't diversity grand?

I thought she was Lassies and Will Robinson’s mother

Ain't diversity grand?

Agreed. I bought a few Christmas CDs featuring Nat King Cole, Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby...those are the best, along with the soundtrack to A Charlie Brown Christmas. And The Carpenters Christmas recording are wonderful.

Funny aside. There is a posh steak house in San Francisco called Harris. The first time mr. boe and I dined there, we were sitting within hearing distance of the house jazz trio. At one point, I started bobbing my head from side to side and noticed other people doing the same thing. Then I realized they were playing one of the Charlie Brown songs. So cute!

My wife always plays the CD for Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer with Burl Ives

Man Who Shot Liberty Valance or Searchers are the best John Wayne movies. Maybe big Jake in there too.
The Hustler
The Con
Cool Hand Luke
Shawshank
Second Hand Lions
It's A Wonderfull Life
Bells of Saint MAry's
White CHristmas
Crossroads
A river Runs Through it
Forest Gump
Dazed and Confused
Caddyshack
Super Bad
Big Fish
Unforgiven
Big
Overboard
How in the world can you call The Man who shot Liberty Valance, a John Wayne movie? That would be like calling Cat Ballou, a Jane Fonda movie.

I remember watching Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid at the Crest theatre with my father when the movie first came out. The Crest theatre was huge. It must of had over 400 seats and every one of them was filled that night. It was a packed house. We had to sit practically at the back of the theatre, but the seats went up very steep at that point, so we could see every seat in the place. It was a night 400 people laughed their asses off for 2 straight hours. The scene where they jump off the cliff was so funny, a guy about 6 rows in front of me, laughed so hard, he fell out of his chair into the aisle and rolled down the stairs like a bowling ball.

I liked the part where the card player say's, "I didn't know you were the Sundance Kid when I called you a cheater. I draw on you, you'll kill me!"

Cool Hand Luke was also a classic. How many hard boiled eggs can you eat in one hour?

The Hustler
The Con
Cool Hand Luke
Shawshank
Second Hand Lions
It's A Wonderfull Life
Bells of Saint MAry's
White CHristmas
Crossroads
A river Runs Through it
Forest Gump
Dazed and Confused
Caddyshack
Super Bad
Big Fish
Unforgiven
Big
Overboard
How in the world can you call The Man who shot Liberty Valance, a John Wayne movie? That would be like calling Cat Ballou, a Jane Fonda movie.

I remember watching Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid at the Crest theatre with my father when the movie first came out. The Crest theatre was huge. It must of had over 400 seats and every one of them was filled that night. It was a packed house. We had to sit practically at the back of the theatre, but the seats went up very steep at that point, so we could see every seat in the place. It was a night 400 people laughed their asses off for 2 straight hours. The scene where they jump off the cliff was so funny, a guy about 6 rows in front of me, laughed so hard, he fell out of his chair into the aisle and rolled down the stairs like a bowling ball.

I liked the part where the card player say's, "I didn't know you were the Sundance Kid when I called you a cheater. I draw on you, you'll kill me!"

Cool Hand Luke was also a classic. How many hard boiled eggs can you eat in one hour?
Um....John Wayne was the Man who shot Liberty Valence Pilgrim
One of his best

And I can eat 50 eggs

Forum List

Back