What makes you proud to be an American?

1) when other Americans respect the law and the constitution, both in the US and other countries
2) when our President sets an example for the nation and the world with good behavior and good values
3) when we host foreigners and they are surprised at our freedoms and opportunities
4) when the press stands-up for the principles in our Constitution
5) when our government is not corrupt
6) when our schools excel in providing the best education in the world
7) when we help people in need or after disasters, in the US and other countries
8) when I see Americans avoiding waste
9) when I see Americans putting principles above greed

I'm not particularly proud, nor have I been for about 2 years now because all of these things have been compromised. I'm actually embarrassed and ashamed to be an American right now.

I am a White Man, Southerner, American in THAT order but I am thankful for our bill of rights. I am thankful every time I see someone in Europe charged for speaking unpopular opinions that HERE I can do that and not get arrested and thrown in prison for it! I am thankful we have the right to arm ourselves and defend ourselves, families and homes.

Europe? You mean Russia or Turkey? Where other than Russia and Turkey will you get arrested for stating an opinion?

I like being armed too, but nobody needs automatic or even semi-automatic long-guns. It's not the government that you need to defend against, it's only personal security.

I'm curious about specifics.
I think that...despite the current angst...most Americans are generous and good people. Every time I see this in action, I am proud. I hear people dissing our faith communities...but then, those same communities are leading the way in more compassionate treatment of illegal immigrants, especially children. Or go out and build smal houses for flood ravaged communities.

Americans are involved in Doctors Without Borders, and Peace Corp, and Habitat for Humanity. We We individually and as a country give generously around the world. We don’t always get it right but we keep trying. Politics is temporary...even though it might not feel like it...I am proud of our country and most of all of the many colors and accents all of who are American.

Mjmjmjm

Our democracy.
Our diversity.
Our educational system.
Our willingness to help the disadvantaged.
Our willing to take in people fleeing danger.

In other words, everything the GOP is against.

Good for you, and you have how many disadvantaged and/or people fleeing danger living at your house (illegals)?
How many fetus have you offered to adopt to save from abortion?

I'm proud to be an American for just a few, but important reasons:
1. The freedom of speech, allowing myself and others to speak our minds without the fear of the government incarcerating you.
2. The right to not be oppressed by a government that is run by religious zealots, as Islam does, or other authoritarian governments.
3. The right to bear arms to defend those I love, as well as defend anyone whose life is threatened by criminal actions, and enjoy my firearms as a sport at ranges.

I think that...despite the current angst...most Americans are generous and good people. Every time I see this in action, I am proud. I hear people dissing our faith communities...but then, those same communities are leading the way in more compassionate treatment of illegal immigrants, especially children. Or go out and build smal houses for flood ravaged communities.

Americans are involved in Doctors Without Borders, and Peace Corp, and Habitat for Humanity. We We individually and as a country give generously around the world. We don’t always get it right but we keep trying. Politics is temporary...even though it might not feel like it...I am proud of our country and most of all of the many colors and accents all of who are American.

My better half did this for several years. They built homes for poor people down in Mexico. She did all of the videography and web site stuff and whatnot.

Agreed. Good post.

My better half did this for several years. They built homes for poor people down in Mexico. She did all of the videography and web site stuff and whatnot.

Agreed. Good post.

It's important, in these really polarized times to remember that and that we are all Americans in this together. I have to remind myself :)

Diversity as I see it is not a problem. I guess by third worlders you mean immigrants. For my view both are here to grow and become unburdened by the weight of low wages and ignorance. I may be wrong but i doubt it. What I see and hear is the TDS people and they are a threat to America's principles and morality.

A better guess would have been ILLEGAL immigrants...dumbass.
Tell you the truth I have not seen any illegal immigrants here. They must be a southern thing like y'all.

Maybe this will help.
Illegal Immigration Statistics in California

By Karen Ridder | Monday, 14 September 2015 01:04 PM

California has the largest number of illegal immigrants in the United States, with an estimated 2.4 million unauthorized immigrants making up about 6.3 percent of the state’s total population, according to the Pew Research Center.

While the number of illegal immigrants in California continues to rise, the increase in other areas of the country is happening at a much faster rate. The nationwide average increase in illegal immigrant populations was about 250 percent from 1990 to 2007, the Pew study said. In California, the rise was 88 percent.

In the early 1990s, California had over 40 percent of the total illegal immigrant population in the country. That rate had fallen to just about 23 percent by 2007. California saw a decline in illegal immigration from 2009 to 2012.

Urgent: Do You Support Immigration Reform?

The Pew Research Center attributed the fall in the numbers of illegal immigrant populations in California to the fact that more immigrants are simply moving to other states. In 2012, while California had more numbers than any other state, the highest percentage of the overall population went to Nevada, where unauthorized immigrants accounted for 7.6 percent of the state’s population.

Read Newsmax: Illegal Immigration Statistics in California | Newsmax.com
I'm curious. Do you live in California?

It's by far the wealthiest state in the union. At least double Texas.

Perhaps they are doing something right.

Remember, the GOP's sole greatest metric is making money. And California is making money.
---------------------------------------- well , like i said , i am a Deplorable supporting the TRUMP and i have no use for the 'gop' since i realized what they are in the early 2000s . Money , i have just made money from my 50 some years of working and i have always had a good job . Kalifornia , no not me but i do know Kalifornia from southern to northern as i travel in Kali and the USA . As far as economy goes , MY economy has always been good enough and has never been dependent on imported third worlders DeanRD .

10 specifically memories off the top of my head:
  • Apollo moon landing
  • US Olympic hockey team's gold in 1980 (Miracle on Ice)
  • Grade school assembly where each classroom exchanged their 48 star US flag for a brand new 50 star spangled banner
  • The Bicentennial
  • bin Laden swimming with the fishes
  • Gary Collins 3 touchdown catches in Cleveland Browns 27-0 1964 NFL Championship victory over Shula's Baltimore Colts
  • 1st term presidents inaugurations
  • Martin Luther King
  • Qube's experimental 2-way cable system
  • a visit to Washington DC and sitting in the Senate gallery

I am a White Man, Southerner, American in THAT order but I am thankful for our bill of rights. I am thankful every time I see someone in Europe charged for speaking unpopular opinions that HERE I can do that and not get arrested and thrown in prison for it! I am thankful we have the right to arm ourselves and defend ourselves, families and homes.

Europe? You mean Russia or Turkey? Where other than Russia and Turkey will you get arrested for stating an opinion?

I like being armed too, but nobody needs automatic or even semi-automatic long-guns. It's not the government that you need to defend against, it's only personal security.
ALL of Europe. Look at Tommy Robinson in the UK....look at 90 year old women and men thrown in gulags for questioning aspects of the holohoax. I don't CARE what your OPINION is about the 2nd amendment its absolute and ANY laws clamping down on the 2nd amendment is ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL. You should change your name. No "patriot" would want guns banned because they don't like them and YES our founders SPECIFICALLY stated that when the government no longer does what its supposed to do its supposed to be overthrown...jesus go read the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.

I forgot to add, when those 3 AMERICAN Air Force boys stopped that terrorist massacre on that French train, French President Hollande was so grateful he had a national ceremony the next day in which he personally pinned France's highest medals of honor on them.........as opposed to Obama, who never mentioned a word about it. Yet Obama invited the muslim "Clock Boy" to the WH the day after he deliberately stirred up shit by bringing some clock/pencil box hybrid to school just to scare people into thinking it might be a bomb. Because Clockmed's father was a hard-core muslim politician in some Middle-Eastern shitsplat or another.

Anyway, my point is that Typhoid Barry Obamisery didn't give a fuck in the slightest about these three American heroes, he only cared about encouraging fellow muslim cousin-inbreds to cause trouble.

i'd say that the problem is third worlders and diversity that are dragging the USA down Taxman .
Diversity as I see it is not a problem. I guess by third worlders you mean immigrants. For my view both are here to grow and become unburdened by the weight of low wages and ignorance. I may be wrong but i doubt it. What I see and hear is the TDS people and they are a threat to America's principles and morality.

A better guess would have been ILLEGAL immigrants...dumbass.
Tell you the truth I have not seen any illegal immigrants here. They must be a southern thing like y'all.

Maybe this will help.

By Karen Ridder | Monday, 14 September 2015 01:04 PM

California has the largest number of illegal immigrants in the United States, with an estimated 2.4 million unauthorized immigrants making up about 6.3 percent of the state’s total population, according to the Pew Research Center.

While the number of illegal immigrants in California continues to rise, the increase in other areas of the country is happening at a much faster rate. The nationwide average increase in illegal immigrant populations was about 250 percent from 1990 to 2007, the Pew study said. In California, the rise was 88 percent.

In the early 1990s, California had over 40 percent of the total illegal immigrant population in the country. That rate had fallen to just about 23 percent by 2007. California saw a decline in illegal immigration from 2009 to 2012.

Urgent: Do You Support Immigration Reform?

The Pew Research Center attributed the fall in the numbers of illegal immigrant populations in California to the fact that more immigrants are simply moving to other states. In 2012, while California had more numbers than any other state, the highest percentage of the overall population went to Nevada, where unauthorized immigrants accounted for 7.6 percent of the state’s population.

Read Newsmax: Illegal Immigration Statistics in California | Newsmax.com

Great, you've shown us you can cut and paste...good job.

Mjmjmjm

Our democracy.
Our diversity.
Our educational system.

Good for you, and you have how many disadvantaged and/or people fleeing danger living at your house (illegals)?

What fricken world do you live in where you can adopt a fetus?

Mjmjmjm

Our democracy.
Our diversity.
Our educational system.

The logic is the same. Adopt all the born babies then and pay the mothers for birthing them.

Have you done that?

Didn't think so.

It's the same retardation that asserts those who support humanitarian treatment of illegal immigrants and refugees should house them all.

You're welcome.

Mjmjmjm

Our democracy.
Our diversity.
Our educational system.

The logic is the same. Adopt all the born babies then and pay the mothers for birthing them.

Have you done that?

Didn't think so.

It's the same retardation that asserts those who support humanitarian treatment of illegal immigrants and refugees should house them all.

You're welcome.

Oh, the logic's the same....go away.

It's what Republicans want to do. Arrest people for their politics.

Mjmjmjm

Our democracy.
Our diversity.
Our educational system.

Have you done that?

Didn't think so.

You're welcome.

Oh, the logic's the same....go away.
The logic is the same.

Only an @$$ Whole would cry about the fetus, but not care about babies and children. Only a total creep would tell children running from a burning house to go back into the house. No, not a creep. A Monster.

What makes you proud to be an American?

The Electoral College, 'Landslide Victories', and the best economy in decades...

:p

Forum List

Back