What makes you proud to be an American?

Pride is an emotion that should be reserved for personal accomplishments, not for winning a birthing lottery.

Proud?

Thankful, for sure.

Where else could produce disco music, rock and roll, R&B, and country music all at the same time.

I'm proud to be an American because of our past history of saving humanity from torture and abuse.

I'm proud to be an American because we told Britain to take their royalty and shove it up their asses and we started our own country.

I'm proud to be an American because we are the world leader of the free world. Everyone wants to come here for the American dream. When is the last time you heard about the French dream or the German dream?

I'm proud to be an American because we have truly free elections. Men and women have died for our freedoms and I am forever grateful to each and every one of them.

I'm proud to be an American because other countries are envious of our economy, our way of life and our incomes.

I'm proud to be an American because of our founding fathers, and the Constitution, which guarantees every citizen certain unalienable rights. Just the first amendment is a right billions of people in this world do not have.

I could go on and on, but I am proud to be an American for many many reasons.

I am a White Man,Southerner,American in THAT order but I am thankful for our bill of rights. I am thankful every time I see someone in Europe charged for speaking unpopular opinions that HERE I can do that and not get arrested and thrown in prison for it! I am thankful we have the right to arm ourselves and defend ourselves,families and homes.

American's are mostly just "Backwoods bastards" in the Southern states of a British heritage.

Having my family move from Poland to the New York metro area in the 20th century, I wouldn't say I identify with the U.S.A much, exactly.
I’m proud of the USA because we have the best polock jokes.

I'm proud of the fact that every 4 years we can choose a President. The right and the left take turns, and that's fair.

how the government/Trump pisses you off---runs around in your mind
that's good

America is the most compassionate, civilized country in the world, with a rich history. I love this country.

Our history

Our form of government

The American people

The American character

American culture

American genius

American creativity

The men and women of our military

Family

Tradition

Continuity

Change

Cooperation

Contentiousness

Competitiveness

Compassion

Reason

Faith

Constant improvement

Opportunity

etc.

I'm also proud of my country because we separate children from their criminal parents at the border as quickly and efficiently as possible.

What makes you proud to be an American?
Loser Obama is out of office.:happy-1::happy-1::happy-1::happy-1:
Winner Trump is in office.:113::113::113::113:

Pride is an emotion that should be reserved for personal accomplishments, not for winning a birthing lottery.
Americans didn't win a lottery. They built this country. Illegal aliens are the ones who won a lottery.

I'm curious about specifics.
Americans, more than any other people, reject authoritarian government and look to themselves to solve their problems. Unfortunately we have descended a long way towards European style servility.

Forum List

Back