What is your opinion of outdoor "Gender Reveal" parties?

Next we could do the "promposal". Yes.

Me getting asked to prom in the 80s: Boy picks up the phone, "Hey will you go to prom with me?"

Now it involves gifts, flowers, a "surprise", a poster, and some special stunt. And of course the entire thing must be recorded for social media.

People can do what they want, of course.

Personally, I think it's all just too much these days. And the "gender reveal" parties are the poster child for "too much"
Agreed especially considering many of these outdoor events have caused millions of dollars in damage and last week the death of a pilot. About 10 years ago there was a fire caused by a gender reveal fireworks that burned 5000 acres and destroyed a vineyard here in Az.

Next we could do the "promposal". Yes.

Me getting asked to prom in the 80s: Boy picks up the phone, "Hey will you go to prom with me?"

Now it involves gifts, flowers, a "surprise", a poster, and some special stunt. And of course the entire thing must be recorded for social media.
All narcissism fueled by social media.

Don’t we all need to wait until the child is five and then the child can do their own gender reveal?
Right? I'm shocked that democrats are not trying to shame people for having gender reveal parties before the child can even tell us their gender.

Not to mention having a gender implies that the baby human is . . . you know . . . a baby human.

They are for attention whores with too much time on their hands.

Maybe your best friend and spouse give a crap what the gender is- no one else does.

I can't imagine how humanity existed for so many thousands of years without knowing the sex of their offspring in advance of birth.

Jeez, I think this culture is screaming towards the edge of the cliff.

Wish God would speed the process up. This just gets more boring by the day.

The masses are vapid, shallow and lowbrow. They always have been.

Give them the internet and social media and things like this start to happen

As I said initially, an indoor gender reveal party is ok, I specified the outdoor variety that sometimes result in wildfires, injuries and death.
yes, your thread was derailed. But for once I think it was well meeting people just saw gender reveal and started talking about that. Yes I agree that using fireworks of different colors is unnecessarily hazardous.

My libertarian side wants everybody to be able to do whatever they want on their own property. But as long as we are not at that great libertarian utopia, Banning private use of fireworks would probably do more good than harm.

Yep, social media fueled narcissism. Looks like it became a thing somewhere in the 2000s.

My girlfriend invited me to one. Considering I'd already spent 50 bucks on a shower gift and suffered through all those demonically asinine games women play at them- I declined politely.

I think I said I had an appointment to get my eyes gouged out or something.

I can't imagine how humanity existed for so many thousands of years without knowing the sex of their offspring in advance of birth.

Jeez, I think this culture is screaming towards the edge of the cliff.

Wish God would speed the process up. This just gets more boring by the day.

Watch karma videos on youtube. They're hilarious! Stupid and obnoxious people getting stupid and obnoxious things done back at 'em.

My girlfriend invited me to one. Considering I'd already spent 50 bucks on a shower gift and suffered through all those demonically asinine games women play at them- I declined politely.

I think I said I had an appointment to get my eyes gouged out or something.

The GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back