What Is Your Bar For Impeachment?

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
The "Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Let's all agree that if a President shoots a man on Fifth Avenue, he should be impeached, even if he committed the crime before he was President.

That's a pretty high crime.

But how low do you go with "Misdemeanors"? Why did our Founders use that word? I'm going to have to dust off some of my books to see if I can rediscover the reasoning behind that one.

The Republican party set the bar really, really low by impeaching a President over a blowjob.

Now, some will simp and say they impeached him over LYING about a blowjob, but come on. Why are you even asking him about a blowjob under oath, for chrissakes.

Everyone knows most of our Presidents screwed around. JFK was notorious, but even long before Kennedy, the private sex lives of Presidents were filled with mistresses. Yet we kept it private. You didn't make political hay out of it. Only if you were "caught in bed with a live boy or a dead girl".

I can see how it would be tempting to force Trump to be put under oath and to ask him about Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal and what pussies he might have grabbed. But I personally really don't want us to go there again.

I do think we need to know if our President cheated on his taxes or defrauded investors or defrauded insurance companies. But even that would not be an impeachable offense in my book.

We need to know those kinds of things so we know something about the character of the man, and then we can decide for ourselves whether to vote him out democratically rather than remove him by force.

So for me, in this current climate, the only potential crime I can foresee which would be a high enough bar for me is money laundering.

Ill-gotten gains are acquired through murder and terrorism and human trafficking and other "high crimes", and anyone who plays a part in aiding and abetting those crimes should be forcibly removed from office.

What is YOUR bar for impeachment?

"High crimes and misdemeanors."

Treason, sedition, conspiring with foreign actors against the interests of the United States, substantive campaign-law violations, fraud in connection with the Inauguration or any other Federally-funded event, violations of the Emoluments Clause, subordinating the interests of the United States to those of a foreign power, substantively reducing the war-making capabilities of the US, gross incompetency in the performance of his office, gross incompetency in the crafting and application of foreign policy, failing to secure the US southern border and encouraging Illegal immigration, war profiteering, etc...

Last edited:
Remember, this is a bar which you would apply to someone of your own party, too. As well as one you would apply to the opposition.

Equally.

....and the fantasy of impeaching President Trump continues with the Delusionals.

Carry on, clowns.

....and the fantasy of impeaching President Trump continues with the Delusionals.
Not for me. Impeachment is bad for the country. Very bad. That's why my bar is so high.

I am curious to know how low it is for others.

Despite my animosity toward Trump, the last thing I want is for him to be impeached. I'd much rather see him get his ass kicked to the curb by the voters.

Wait a minute. If "lying about a blowjob" is a crap excuse for impeachment, then you need to stop siting the Trump associate incitements as proof of corruption because all of them aside from Manafort was for lying.

Not for me. Impeachment is bad for the country. Very bad. That's why my bar is so high.

Despite my animosity toward Trump, the last thing I want is for him to be impeached. I'd much rather see him get his ass kicked to the curb by the voters.

Of course you want to see him defeated, so some leftwing Marxist asshole can go right back to abusing the DoJ and using it to spy on Republicans, while ignoring the crimes of Democrats.

I'll grudgingly agree g5000

I'm of the opinon we exist in a failed system

All the collusion, corruption, etc.....all standard fare

so the reality is, how does America do biz like this?

well.....i'll assume you get my point

~S~

Now, some will simp and say they impeached him over LYING about a blowjob, but come on. Why are you even asking him about a blowjob under oath, for chrissakes.

Why did he, a licensed lawyer, commit perjury about a blowjob?

You may recall, the line of questioning came about through the Paula Jones investigation. Ken Starr uncovered the affair with Lewinsky, thus the questioning.

Personally, I don't give two shits about a president cutting off a little strange in the Oval Office (though it does speak to a man's character, especially if married... and yes, Trump has no character...), but don't lie about it while your pants are still down around your ankles...

Like I always told my kids, if I'm asking you the question, odds are I already know the answer so don't lie, that will just piss me off...

Putting Russia’s interests ahead of the interest of United States while being commander in chief.

What is YOUR bar for impeachment?

I think it would have to require either the vengeful use of one's position against their political opponents (whether a crime or not) or just clear cut bribery for me to support removing an elected official.

Not much more to say...

Forum List

Back