What Is Wrong With America ?

Please be brief. I will briefly state that there probably are 100 things (or more) wrong with America, but I will state just one for now >>

America is too much run by rich people. Members of Congress, the President and Vice-President, and members of the Supreme Court are generally all rich people. What do they know about middle class, lower middle class, and poor people's lives ? How can they make decisions about things they have no experience with, or have long forgotten from years past ? When have these people ever been unemployed, and out looking for a job, with a wide variety of things being used against them ? (credit reports, smear talk from former employers often untrue, etc). The last time I applied for a job I was told I would never get hired because employers require RECENT employment in that job occupation (within last 2 years). There's probably a long list of ways people can be denied a job, that shouldn't exist, and don't make sense.

It's voting system.

The voting system is designed to create a maintain a two headed monster.

Very true. I'd like to see 10 candidates running for president of the USA, all independents, all no names that no one ever heard of before, and all having an equal financial input for promotion of themselves. Sound interesting ?

I'd just be happy to be able to vote for the libertarian on the ticket first, and the republican second, without my vote being "wasted" and thus a 1/2 vote for the Democrat. I don't think the people who set up our voting system understand statistics. Or maybe they do and that's why they screwed our system, to establish rule for themselves.

Last edited:
What is wrong with America?

This... Our leadership in Washington consists solely of corrupt liberals. There is no one to slow down (note slow down does not mean stop) the runaway train. The corruption is rampant. There is not an honest individual in the bunch regardless of party.

I'm not claiming only conservatism works, but rather we need a sea anchor to steady the ship before we flounder ourselves.

Basically, what we need is the checks and balances that a true two party system should provide rather than the current one party of arrogant elitists who play two sides of the same damned coin.

And we need citizens who will hold these people responsible for their actions.

Immie

This... Our leadership in Washington consists solely of corrupt liberals. There is no one to slow down (note slow down does not mean stop) the runaway train. The corruption is rampant. There is not an honest individual in the bunch regardless of party.

I'm not claiming only conservatism works, but rather we need a sea anchor to steady the ship before we flounder ourselves.

Basically, what we need is the checks and balances that a true two party system should provide rather than the current one party of arrogant elitists who play two sides of the same damned coin.

Immie

I think your last sentence is the most important one ("The only thing necessary for evil men to succeed, is that good men do nothing")

Immie

I think your last sentence is the most important one ("The only thing necessary for evil men to succeed, is that good men do nothing")

As stated above when we are only allowed to vote for one of two evils we don't have a chance to do anything (through the voting booth.) Sans fixing the voting system itself, what do you propose? Civil War?

Those who profit millions (or billions) from their industries, while paying their employees low wages, can just as easily be seen as parasiting upon those workers.

Only by Marxists. Successful industrialists and companies are hard to create and hard to maintain and difficult to replace and provide the engine of our economy. On the other hand, low skilled workers are a dime a dozen. That the former depends on the latter is just a delusion of the left. It's totally the other way around. The low end workers are dependent on us.

Then it's seen by almost everyone in America, that those who profit millions (or billions) from their industries, while paying their employees low wages, are parasiting upon those workers, as shown by polls that reveal very high %s of the public favoring the Marxist concept of redistribution of wealth through the income tax system. Frankly, the overwhelming majority of Americans (perhaps as high as 85% are semi-Marxists.)

I'm not knocking capitalism, and am a former business owner myself. I AM knocking the lopsided distribution of wealth that the poorly maintained current system has produced. I'm also knocking the poorly maintained political system that has most members of the US Congress being millionaires, with one of them, Rep. Darrel Issa (R-CA) having a net worth of $485 Million. No way that someone that much out of the mainstream of American life should be making decisions for average Americans.
Interesting.
Why do you support forcing people to pay for goods and services they do not receive?
How does foricing people tp pay for goods and services they do not receive differ meanignfully from involuntary servitude?

Last edited:
1. I'll use myself as an example. I'm 67 years old, a native-born AMERICAN citizen, who has worked and paid taxes in this country for 50 years.
And this entitles you to SocSec,,, how?
2. I'm an Army veteran with a service-connected disability...
And this entitles you a VA pension/medical care... how?
What's the matter ? You have no concept of American culture ? How ? By having EARNED IT,
Ahhh. They earned it.
Please compare and contrast this to eltitlement recipients that have not.

It's called "reading". Here, try it:
Perhaps you should do the same, as nothing you posted supports the statement hat 47% of homeless males in the United States are Vietnam veterans.

To life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness because they fought in pointless wars...
We all have the right to life, liberty and property. How does the fact theu served in the military mean they are entitled to exercise those rights at the expene of others?
Because the "others" BENEFITTED" from their service
How does that fact that I benefitted from their service necessitate that I am responsible for providing them with the means to exercise their right a to life liberty and peoperty, post-service, and that I should be forced to so provide by the state?

Please also note that nothing you posted supports your statement that 47% of homeless males in the United States are Vietnam veterans

Last edited:
You are actually asking WHY a war veteran with service-connected physical injuries should be entitled to a$$istance ? I'm not quite sure if a question that ludicrous even deserves the dignity of a response. :cuckoo:
Translation:
You know you cannot offer a sound response to the question.
Thank you.
I just gave you a sound response to it, in the previous post (# 152).
You're welcome.
Ah. I see that you do not know what "sound" means.
There's the problem.

The Republican solution to the problem is to convince citizens that being dependent on government is unAmerican and not self reliant?
Forcing people to provide goods and services to others is about as unamerican as it gets, and if you are dependent on government for the basic goods and services you need to live you are, by every valid definition of the term, not self-reliant.

It's "YOUR" capitalistic GREED that makes YOU the scumbag.

HUH?

Are you hungover?

I believe the problem is your PARASITIC GREED -after spending 20 trillion you fuckers are still "poor.

Poor people don't have computers, moron.

So you stole it?

There are no poor in the government either, moron. Raygun almost tripled the national debt. Shrub daddy almost doubled it again in only four years. Shrub Jr. doubled it again adding more than all presidents before him, added together. And destroyed the economy. The last three con POTUS's have added $11 trillion of of the $17 trillion. Obama added $6 trillion cleaning up Shrub Jr.s mess.

I am not defending the Republicans. The majority of them belong to the surrender caucus so they are as spendthrifts as the democrats.

How the fuck did Obama added 6 trillion?

One of the ironies of America is that the founders were afraid of democracy. They reasoned if ordinary people were given the vote they would vote themselves all the goodies, but interestingly that hasn't happened.
Cough.... did you REALLY just say that?

The Democratic party depends on people voting in a government that gives them goodies; if the welfare state and entitlement system were to disappear, the Democratic party would have no voter base.

One of the ironies of America is that the founders were afraid of democracy. They reasoned if ordinary people were given the vote they would vote themselves all the goodies, but interestingly that hasn't happened.

The Democratic party depends on people voting in a government that gives them goodies; if the welfare state and entitlement system were to disappear, the Democratic party would have no voter base.

That is correct.

Watch Hillary and Elizabeth Warren knock each other out trying to provide the most benefits.

the American politicians have no desire to improve the United States, their only concern is lining their their own pockets and getting re elected.

Yes, when our government began, the purpose of government was to give business the goodies not people. And America's new conservative government immediately passed laws aiding business--not people. But at this time in history that was the purpose of governments to help the elites not common people.
In a short time, however, Jefferson was elected and that practice would gradually change to government helping both people and business. Some conservatives still haven't got over this new idea government helping people. Takes time.
By the way the Democratic party traces its heritage back to Jefferson while America is now on its third conservative party, the first two went kaput.

Yes, when our government began, the purpose of government was to give business the goodies not people. And America's new conservative government immediately passed laws aiding business--not people. But at this time in history that was the purpose of governments to help the elites not common people.
In a short time, however, Jefferson was elected and that practice would gradually change to government helping both people and business. Some conservatives still haven't got over this new idea government helping people. Takes time.
By the way the Democratic party traces its heritage back to Jefferson while America is now on its third conservative party, the first two went kaput.

And Ironically enough Jefferson's Party were first called Republicans....then Democratic-Republicans and today just Democrats. The first "goodies" were probably the judgeships handed out to some of the wealthier federalists, then they also rewarded speculators in continentals who bought up most of this paper from Revolutionary war veterans at a steep discount.

Yes, when our government began, the purpose of government was to give business the goodies not people...
You cannot support this with anything substantive.

Yes, when our government began, the purpose of government was to give business the goodies not people...

I supported it with something substantive in a post above

The first Secretary of the Treasury was Hamilton, read his policies.

Forum List

Back