what is white?

the term "white" and/or "caucasian" has been, in my opinion, a nebulous term at best that is simply a remnent frm the past (i.e. it wasn't really applicable then and is much less applicable now).

if we truly want to rid ourselves of racial barriers, this term/group as well as "black", "yellow", "brown", or "red" needs to be stricken from our vocabulary (as if anyone in this day and age is purely any one race/color)..

it's ludicrous an I refuse to assign myself to either/or (I always select "other" on my applications).

what little i know of my ancestry suggests i am simply a "mixed" breed with irish, german, english and even cherokee). so for me to select "white", or "caucasian" just seem pure falicy to me.

if we could all trace our ancestry back far enough, we might finally realize we have much more in common they we ever thought possile!

the term "white" and/or "caucasian" has been, in my opinion, a nebulous term at best that is simply a remnent frm the past (i.e. it wasn't really applicable then and is much less applicable now).

if we truly want to rid ourselves of racial barriers, this term/group as well as "black", "yellow", "brown", or "red" needs to be stricken from our vocabulary (as if anyone in this day and age is purely any one race/color)..

it's ludicrous an I refuse to assign myself to either/or (I always select "other" on my applications).

what little i know of my ancestry suggests i am simply a "mixed" breed with irish, german, english and even cherokee). so for me to select "white", or "caucasian" just seem pure falicy to me.

if we could all trace our ancestry back far enough, we might finally realize we have much more in common they we ever thought possile!

Unlikely.

Wishing won't change the large differences between different groups of people.

The races and the cultures that track along them are real.

You try to ignore them and it could blow up in your face.

for me there is no such thing as a pure "race" (no one is purely anything, black/white/yellow/red/purple). i can't ignore that we are all ulimately mixed breeds...........

drawing artificial lines only creates a tribal menatality of "us against them" which is totally unnecessary and in my view, destructive.

for me there is no such thing as a pure "race" (no one is purely anything, black/white/yellow/red/purple). i can't ignore that we are all ulimately mixed breeds...........

drawing artificial lines only creates a tribal menatality of "us against them" which is totally unnecessary and in my view, destructive.

...but it plays ever so nicely into the hands of the power hungry who want to keep the people divided and conquered.

Your focus on "pure" is a denial of the real differences between us.

Tribe mentalities is part of the human condition.

Your belief or hope that you or any humans will rise about it is a fantasy.

You are just defining your moral tribe, as "want to be better than other ivory tower types".

Just to refresh memories:
there is one human race.

And that is one definition of the word.

There is also the one that the poster is obviously referring to, ie

"c: a category of humankind that shares certain distinctive physical traits"

Sooooooo, thanks for your valuable contribution to this thread.
There is no trait in the world that is not reflected in the Black race.

When I lived in an all black neighborhood I was white. When I moved to a white neighborhood I was not white I was greek. But eventually I fell into the white category. On job applications there's no choice for greek.

So now I'm hearing George stephanopolis talk about the greek family murdered by the black guy and I see usmb members calling the family white?

How come my whiter neighbors didn't think of us as white? Maybe it was the long last name. Soon Indians and Arabs will be white, if they aren't already. I work with a Chaldean and she is absolutely white. Would my whiter neighbors growing up agree? Does the kkk think George stephanopolis is white?
Why worry about what lying phony assholes like Stephanopolis think? Race is as big an issue as YOU make it.

Even me who is 100% greek must have some turk in me because the original Greeks were blonde haired until they took us over. Today we are mostly dark haired.

Same thing for italians when they were invaded by the Moores. Lol

Even me who is 100% greek must have some turk in me because the original Greeks were blonde haired until they took us over. Today we are mostly dark haired.

Who told you the orginal greeks were blond? I'm curious because I have read quotes from ancient greeks that they didnt even consider themselves as "white people". Are you aware that the Greeks and Italians have the highest percentage of African DNA than all the other europeans?

Who told you the orginal greeks were blond? I'm curious because I have read quotes from ancient greeks that they didnt even consider themselves as "white people". Are you aware that the Greeks and Italians have the highest percentage of African DNA than all the other europeans?
I have heard something like only blacks and Greeks get sickocell or something like that.

Its just something I've heard. My grandmother was blonde. I heard we got dark hair from the turks. Lol. Glad to know its not true.

I have heard something like only blacks and Greeks get sickocell or something like that.

Its just something I've heard. My grandmother was blonde. I heard we got dark hair from the turks. Lol. Glad to know its not true.
Its sickle cell not sickocell. That may be true and would make sense.

Where did you hear you got dark hair from turks? I dont know if its true or not

Us Greeks are always crying about how the turks invaded us and ruled over us for 400 years and raped our women. We bitch as much as blacks bitch about slavery and Jews about the holocaust.

Remember what our parents tell us isnt necessarily scientific and factual. My parents didn't go to college and their parents didn't go to highschool.

Us Greeks are always crying about how the turks invaded us and ruled over us for 400 years and raped our women. We bitch as much as blacks bitch about slavery and Jews about the holocaust.

Remember what our parents tell us isnt necessarily scientific and factual. My parents didn't go to college and their parents didn't go to highschool.
Just because they didnt go to college means nothing. I would trust their word over what you learn in school until proven impossible. White men are known to have changed history. The Greeks were an important part of claiming white supremacy for Anglos. They provided the historical validation once they conveniently left out the Greeks were taught by the Egyptians.

"White" means a majority of your ancestry is European.

We might also say: you identify as white, and others consider you white.

Thus, O.J. Simpson might consider himself white, but the rest of us don't.

So he's not white.

Barack Obama is half-white, but identifies as black.

So he's black.

Just because there is some admixture does not mean "white" is not real. Funny how a hunted population has to start by first arguing for its own existence.

Imagine someone saying, "Jews don't exist. They're a figment of the imagination. So many people out there are Jew mixed with something else."

"White" means a majority of your ancestry is European.

We might also say: you identify as white, and others consider you white.

Thus, O.J. Simpson might consider himself white, but the rest of us don't.

So he's not white.

Barack Obama is half-white, but identifies as black.

So he's black.

Just because there is some admixture does not mean "white" is not real. Funny how a hunted population has to start by first arguing for its own existence.

Obama identified himself a black so he could get affirmative action

typical

When I lived in an all black neighborhood I was white. When I moved to a white neighborhood I was not white I was greek. But eventually I fell into the white category. On job applications there's no choice for greek.

So now I'm hearing George stephanopolis talk about the greek family murdered by the black guy and I see usmb members calling the family white?

How come my whiter neighbors didn't think of us as white? Maybe it was the long last name. Soon Indians and Arabs will be white, if they aren't already. I work with a Chaldean and she is absolutely white. Would my whiter neighbors growing up agree? Does the kkk think George stephanopolis is white?

You are one confused individual. How do you make it through the day?
Happily. How about you? And is that all? You offer nothing. Probably true in your real life too.

That the best you can do?

As long as we insist on placing the focus on our difference, we will struggle with "race relations"

As far as putting that crap behind us, "you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only only one..... I hope some day you'll join us.... And the world can live as one"

As long as we insist on placing the focus on our difference, we will struggle with "race relations"

As far as putting that crap behind us, "you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only only one..... I hope some day you'll join us.... And the world can live as one"
First it would be helpul if whites admitted that white privilege exists. You just want to pretend it didn't exist in the past you won't admit it still exists.

Forum List

Back