What is the scope of your religious freedom as a business?

Where in the constitution does it say you can discriminate against people using your religion?

The Constitution restricts GOVERNMENT, not people (except in two cases).
So why do you think practicing your religion in the public sector and discriminating is protected?

because they gay people can go to another baker to get their cake. That doesn't require government to intervene and ruin a person who doesn't want to go along.
BS The governent sets up rules and the businesses have to abide by them or close up shop.
so you are saying that the government dictates your religious beliefs and practices....?
If you run a business in the public sector they do. To elaborate on that they actually define what is and is not a religion so I would say yes.

because they gay people can go to another baker to get their cake. That doesn't require government to intervene and ruin a person who doesn't want to go along.

That's not the point. People must understand that they are property, that they will do what they are ordered to do or face the consequences. democrats have fought long and hard to bring back slavery - and dammit, the slaves will obey.

The Constitution restricts GOVERNMENT, not people (except in two cases).
So why do you think practicing your religion in the public sector and discriminating is protected?

BS The governent sets up rules and the businesses have to abide by them or close up shop.
so you are saying that the government dictates your religious beliefs and practices....?
If you run a business in the public sector they do. To elaborate on that they actually define what is and is not a religion so I would say yes.
then i guess we have the equivalent of another Church of England.....isn't that a tad opposite of what the Founders intended...?

then i guess we have the equivalent of another Church of England.....isn't that a tad opposite of what the Founders intended...?
Not really. You can practice your religion as much as you like as long as it doesnt encroach on the rights of others. Why is that such a difficult concept for some people to understand?

Indiana and Arkansas are running for shelter

Pence is begging for the Legislature to bail him out and Asa Hutchinson is already saying he won't sign

ROFL

The bullshit your controlling hate sites program you to post..

You democrats are fighting to bring back slavery, it's been a priority for your party for 150 years.

What the fuck are you babbling about?

Not really. You can practice your religion as much as you like as long as it doesnt encroach on the rights of others.
and by 'others' i guess you mean the customer is always right...

what about the rights of the store owner...?

Not really. You can practice your religion as much as you like as long as it doesnt encroach on the rights of others.

Exactly
What about the rights of the store owner? They have a right not to operate a store.

Those are all dumb questions, RW. Have you been thinking again?
Dumb questions? Really?

Doctor refuses to treat baby of lesbian parents because they re gay.

Obviously the doctor was wrong and can be sued for discrimination. What is there to debate?

How can the doctor be discriminating when these are hard held religious beliefs?

What religion tells you can't treat a gay patient? Answer: no religion

Slippery slope fallacy

If you have a close family member or friend who is LGBT - do you patronize businesses that don't serve them? I don't.

Dumb questions? Really?

Obviously the doctor was wrong and can be sued for discrimination. What is there to debate?

How can the doctor be discriminating when these are hard held religious beliefs?

Slippery slope fallacy
True.
Can a Catholic obstetrician be forced to perform an abortion?

Dumb questions? Really?

Slippery slope fallacy
I guess the same religion that says you cant bake a gay wedding cake.

Exactly
What about the rights of the store owner?
well according to you the store owner has to provide whatever perverted cake the customer demands....so i guess he has none...

Many of the world's most widespread religions are based on texts that clearly and succinctly describe homosexuality as wrong, punishable, and even forbidden.

Now in the U.S. the Fed govt has passed legislation saying that businesses cannot refuse to serve customers because they are homosexual.

Does that legislation violate the 1st amendment for people in those religions, who run businesses?

Do you lose the constitutional protection of your right to "freely exercise" your religion, if you start a business?

Dumb questions? Really?

Slippery slope fallacy
True.
Can a Catholic obstetrician be forced to perform an abortion?

No

Dumb questions? Really?

It seems odd that a doctor would draw the line at lesbians

There are may sinners much worse than being a lesbian. Single mothers, atheists, interfaith marriages. Yet the doctor would deliver their babies

Yeah...you gotta wonder in all her years of practice if she ever encountered an unwed mother.

Or ... EEEEK!! A woman who has had an abortion.

This is actually where this is going. Once they get this in place, they can add Jews, Blacks, Hispanics ...

Yes it has sadly. Thanks to Republicans.

Rati, if there are two stores that carry similar goods, and one is owned by a homosexual, should shoppers be required by law to go to that store? What if shoppers discriminate against the gay store because the owner is gay? Should they be required by law to spend a certain percent of their budget at gay owned stores?

Now that you democrats have brought back slavery, how does this all work?

Dumb questions? Really?

Slippery slope fallacy

What religion tells you that you can't bake a cake for a gay wedding?

Forum List

Back