What is the best religion for a beginner?

[Interesting..........you want me to study your belief system so that I will accept it as "true".

I don't want you to study anything. I could give a shit if you believe in Catholicism or not. But if you're going to attempt to speak about it accurately, at least educate yourself of the basics, i.e. how it was founded, etc.

Perhaps armed with some basic facts such as this, you may not come across as being so dense. Doubtful, but possible.

I'd prefer actual historical links, not dogma and rhetoric.

Warrior just gave you the biblical context which, in Catholic dogma, makes Peter the first 'Vicar of Christ' on earth. The Catholic Church traces its Papal lineage back to St Peter.

I don't want you to study anything. I could give a shit if you believe in Catholicism or not. But if you're going to attempt to speak about it accurately, at least educate yourself of the basics, i.e. how it was founded, etc.

Perhaps armed with some basic facts such as this, you may not come across as being so dense. Doubtful, but possible.

I'd prefer actual historical links, not dogma and rhetoric.

Warrior just gave you the biblical context which, in Catholic dogma, makes Peter the first 'Vicar of Christ' on earth. The Catholic Church traces its Papal lineage back to St Peter.

Again............HISTORY links, not dogma links please.

Again, look it up yourself, assbrain, or sign up for a Catechism Class. I am sure you'll dazzle the teacher with your brilliance on the issue. Make sure you start off by telling the class the Romans founded Catholicism... LOL!

Last edited:
I'm basically a Judeo-Christian Hindu Buddhist. I've read some on most religions and apply principals that make sense to me.
One benefit that being the only member of a religion carries is that there is no collection plate.

That's kinda like me Ernie. One of the best things I've ever been told about religion was told to me by a really good friend of mine named Owen Robards. He saw that I was having problems with religion in some of our discussions and he said "Rob, instead of looking at where all the religions are different, look for where they're similar, you'll get a lot farther".

That led me into a study of Eastern philosophy and Zen. While looking into it, I found Tao which was a very good starting point for me. Along the way, I also looked into Buddhism, and after a while, I noticed that Buddha and Yeshua taught pretty much the same thing.

Then, a friend of mine brought some Jewish theology my way, and immediately, I saw how close it was to Tao.

Me personally? I think that God is too big to be confined to just one religion.

Religion is like language. Everybody has a different way of saying pretty much the same thing.
My church is a flat rock out in the woods on a sunny day. Somebody else's is a shrine in Salt Lake City. I just see walls as something between me and my maker.

Again, look it up yourself, assbrain, or sign up for a Catechism Class. I am sure you'll dazzle the teacher with your brilliance on the issue. Make sure you start off by telling the class the Romans founded Catholicism... LOL!

Yeah..........sure............and the Mormon doctrine states that someone was visited by the angel Moroni as well.

Just ask 'em, it's a "historical" fact.

I want to learn a religion but im unsure which is best. Please give me reasons why i should try out your religion, the pros AND the cons.

Thank you. Im just needing some spiritual guidance at this present time.

Secular Humanism, they only believe in their own mysticism........ :eusa_whistle:

Why do you feel you need to join a cult to experience spirituality and oneness with God?

The Judean/Christian religion is not the only or best religion

You are right about it not being the only religion. The God of the Bible said to have no other gods before him, because no other god's were in his category. There is NO OTHER god that loves us and is as devoted to us as the God of Abraham.
I challenge any other god to tell me how many hairs are on my head!

Last edited:
I'm basically a Judeo-Christian Hindu Buddhist. I've read some on most religions and apply principals that make sense to me.
One benefit that being the only member of a religion carries is that there is no collection plate.

That's kinda like me Ernie. One of the best things I've ever been told about religion was told to me by a really good friend of mine named Owen Robards. He saw that I was having problems with religion in some of our discussions and he said "Rob, instead of looking at where all the religions are different, look for where they're similar, you'll get a lot farther".

That led me into a study of Eastern philosophy and Zen. While looking into it, I found Tao which was a very good starting point for me. Along the way, I also looked into Buddhism, and after a while, I noticed that Buddha and Yeshua taught pretty much the same thing.

Then, a friend of mine brought some Jewish theology my way, and immediately, I saw how close it was to Tao.

Religion is like language. Everybody has a different way of saying pretty much the same thing.
My church is a flat rock out in the woods on a sunny day. Somebody else's is a shrine in Salt Lake City. I just see walls as something between me and my maker.

Don't yell at me but, I wish you had never met Owen. He misguided you.

Why would one god hand us conflicting religions? They can't be similar, they would have to be exactly the same or God is screwing with us. How can God say on one hand that we have to come back over and over until we are worthy of Paradise, and then say that no works are necessary, our sins were paid for with the blood of Christ and that alone is the ticket to Paradise? The God of Abraham isn't a religion/religions. He's our father.

Christianity, Judaism, Islam...all self serving. The last place one should look for truth about any religion is thier self serving propaganda.

Tell you what... you mind your own business about my faith, and I'll mind mine about yours.

Seems to me, everyone just has to have an opinion about the beliefs of others. I try to avoid doing that. i don't care what you believe... and I'd like it if you didn't care about mine.

Why would one god hand us conflicting religions? They can't be similar, they would have to be exactly the same or God is screwing with us. How can God say on one hand that we have to come back over and over until we are worthy of Paradise, and then say that no works are necessary, our sins were paid for with the blood of Christ and that alone is the ticket to Paradise? The God of Abraham isn't a religion/religions. He's our father.
Please learn to use the quote function. I have never met Owen, though he sounds like a sharp cookie.

I'm starting a religion. For a LOW, LOW price you can get in on the ground floor and be one of the first in line to follow me as Pope. :eusa_angel: :eusa_pray:

Please learn to use the quote function. I have never met Owen, though he sounds like a sharp cookie.

My quote function doesn't work, nor can I use the smilies, bolding, color...... I don't know why. They all work at another site, that is identical to this. I don't know what the hell the problem is. Sorry, I really do know how to quote, I just can't quote. (insert confused smilie here)

Forum List

Back