What is the best religion for a beginner?

I know he was born a Jew. Thanks for the info. I am sure there's one of two dumbasses on here that didn't know that.

Jesus created Catholicism. Apparently you were unaware of that. Well, now ya know.

Wrong, his followers created the Christian religion. Not Jesus.
Scholors have not attributed one written passage in the bible to Jesus's hand.
Jesus was a cult leader btw.

The christian religion has had a very short run so far compared to other past and some currently still "alive" religions.

they come and they go.
Perhaps one day humans will progress far enough to not need the crutch of religion, but I doubt it.

I know he was born a Jew. Thanks for the info. I am sure there's one of two dumbasses on here that didn't know that.

Jesus created Catholicism. Apparently you were unaware of that. Well, now ya know.

Actually, the Catholic religion was founded by the Romans after they sacked Jerusalem, and no..........Yeshua was Jewish, which is why He was in Jerusalem for Passover when He was crucified.

The Easter celebrations (sunrise service, egg and rabbit representations) are actually based on pagan celebrations for the spring solstice.

The Christmas celebrations are also coordinated to coincide with the winter solstice, because Yeshua's actual birthdate was closer to mid-late October.

Wanna try again?

The christian religion has had a very short run so far compared to other past and some currently still "alive" religions.

they come and they go.
Perhaps one day humans will progress far enough to not need the crutch of religion, but I doubt it.

Islam is 500 years younger than Christianity.

they come and they go.

Islam is 500 years younger than Christianity.

And Mormonism is even far younger still.
What about some of the eastern religions?

btw Abraham fathered both religions.
And they both worship the god of Abraham.

Last edited:

Actually, the Catholic religion was founded by the Romans after they sacked Jerusalem, and no..........

Your ignorance of Catholicism is noted.

Thanks.

Actually, the Catholic religion was founded by the Romans after they sacked Jerusalem, and no..........

Thanks.

Actually, it's YOU who is ignorant of how your church was founded. Ever hear of Constantine? He's the one that started it with the legalization of the church.

Thanks.

Actually, it's YOU who is ignorant of how your church was founded. Ever hear of Constantine? He's the one that started it with the legalization of the church.

Here stupid. No wonder you couldn't make Chief in 20 years. It was my experience that most "First Class for Lifes" were indeed dummies -

Let me know if you need help with any of the bigger words -

33 A.D. Roman Catholic Church founded by Jesus Christ moved to Rome by Peter (you know, the guy Jesus chose as his successor - you now, the first Pope) after he fled Jerusalem. This ring a bell? "Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it... Feed my lambs; feed My sheep" (Matt. 16:18,19; John 21:15,17). He also said: "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who gathers not with me scatters" (Matt.12:30).

Last edited:

Thanks.

Here stupid. No wonder you couldn't make Chief in 20 years. It was my experience that most "First Class for Lifes" were indeed dummies -

33 A.D. Roman Catholic Church founded by Jesus Christ moved to Rome by Peter (you know, the guy Jesus chose as his successor) after he fled Jerusalem. This ring a bell? "Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it... Feed my lambs; feed My sheep" (Matt. 16:18,19; John 21:15,17). He also said: "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who gathers not with me scatters" (Matt.12:30).

Really? Using the Bible to prove your point?

How about some historical links?

I'm basically a Judeo-Christian Hindu Buddhist. I've read some on most religions and apply principals that make sense to me.
One benefit that being the only member of a religion carries is that there is no collection plate.

33 A.D. Roman Catholic Church founded by Jesus Christ moved to Rome by Peter (you know, the guy Jesus chose as his successor) after he fled Jerusalem. This ring a bell? "Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it... Feed my lambs; feed My sheep" (Matt. 16:18,19; John 21:15,17). He also said: "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who gathers not with me scatters" (Matt.12:30).

Read about the church and how it was founded yourself, simpleton. Or enroll yourself in a Catechism Class and educate yourself. You come across as a complete fucking dunce on this topic (as well as other topics).

I'm basically a Judeo-Christian Hindu Buddhist. I've read some on most religions and apply principals that make sense to me.
One benefit that being the only member of a religion carries is that there is no collection plate.

That's kinda like me Ernie. One of the best things I've ever been told about religion was told to me by a really good friend of mine named Owen Robards. He saw that I was having problems with religion in some of our discussions and he said "Rob, instead of looking at where all the religions are different, look for where they're similar, you'll get a lot farther".

That led me into a study of Eastern philosophy and Zen. While looking into it, I found Tao which was a very good starting point for me. Along the way, I also looked into Buddhism, and after a while, I noticed that Buddha and Yeshua taught pretty much the same thing.

Then, a friend of mine brought some Jewish theology my way, and immediately, I saw how close it was to Tao.

Me personally? I think that God is too big to be confined to just one religion.

Read about the church and how it was founded yourself, simpleton. Or enroll yourself in a Catechism Class and educate yourself. You come across as a complete fucking dunce on this topic (as well as other topics).

Interesting..........you want me to study your belief system so that I will accept it as "true".

Nope.......gonna have to do better than that.........

Spread throughout the Roman Empire

Conditions in the Roman Empire facilitated the spread of new ideas. The empire's well-defined network of roads and waterways allowed for easier travel, while the Pax Romana made it safe to travel from one region to another. The government had encouraged inhabitants, especially those in urban areas, to learn Greek, and the common language allowed ideas to be more easily expressed and understood.[136] Unlike most religions in the Roman Empire, however, Christianity required its adherents to renounce all other gods, a practice adopted from Judaism (see Idolatry). The Christians' refusal to join pagan celebrations meant they were unable to participate in much of public life, which caused non-Christians–including government authorities–to fear that the Christians were angering the gods and thereby threatening the peace and prosperity of the Empire. The resulting persecutions were a defining feature of Christian self-understanding until Christianity was legalised in the 4th century.[137]

In 313, the struggles of the Early Church were lessened by the legalisation of Christianity by the Emperor Constantine I. In 380, Christianity became the state religion of the Roman Empire by the decree of the Emperor, which would persist until the fall of the Western Empire and, later, with the Eastern Roman Empire until the Fall of Constantinople. During this time (the period of the Seven Ecumenical Councils) there were considered five primary sees according to Eusebius: Rome, Constantinople, Antioch, Jerusalem and Alexandria, known as the Pentarchy.

[edit] Middle Ages

After the destruction of the western Roman Empire, the church in the West was a major factor in the preservation of classical civilisation, establishing monasteries and sending missionaries to convert the peoples of northern Europe as far as Ireland in the north. In the East, the Byzantine Empire preserved Orthodoxy well after the massive invasions of Islam in the mid-7th century. The invasions of Islam devastated three of the five Patriarchal sees, capturing Jerusalem first, then Alexandria, and then finally, in the mid-8th century, Antioch. The whole period of the next five centuries was dominated by the struggle between Christianity and Islam throughout the Mediterranean Basin. The battles of Poitiers and Toulouse preserved the Catholic west even though Rome itself was ravaged in 850 and Constantinople was besieged.

Catholic Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Warrior is correct. The Catholic Church deems St Peter to be the first Pope. We even named our most important building after him.

Warrior is correct. The Catholic Church deems St Peter to be the first Pope. We even named our most important building after him.

Just because you believe something and wrap it up in dogma and ritual does NOT mean that it's historically accurate.

[Interesting..........you want me to study your belief system so that I will accept it as "true".

I don't want you to study anything. I could give a shit if you believe in Catholicism or not. But if you're going to attempt to speak about it accurately, at least educate yourself of the basics, i.e. how it was founded, etc.

Perhaps armed with some basic facts such as this, you may not come across as being so dense. Doubtful, but possible.

[Interesting..........you want me to study your belief system so that I will accept it as "true".

I don't want you to study anything. I could give a shit if you believe in Catholicism or not. But if you're going to attempt to speak about it accurately, at least educate yourself of the basics, i.e. how it was founded, etc.

Perhaps armed with some basic facts such as this, you may not come across as being so dense. Doubtful, but possible.

I'd prefer actual historical links, not dogma and rhetoric.

If you have to ask which religion is best, you aren't ready for any of them yet.

Forum List

Back