What if an Atheist baker refused to create a religious cake?

I see you're not worried about it at all.

Because I don't fall for all the crazy right wing fear mongering. The president isn't trying to destroy my country. Gays aren't out to force their gayness on me or my children. I don't worry about an armed revolution against our government. I don't loose sleep over death panels, black helicopters, or the sky falling. I'm sorry that the world you live in seems to have all those problems.

But you get pissed over a cake.....

Got it

Not cake.......principle.

Ummmm no, cake.

The principle is "Do not do business with people who think they are better than you, you make them richer"

You are certainly free to adhere to what ever principles you chose. Since I now understand you don't share the American principle of equality for all, It is easier to understand why you don't have a problem with bigotry. If you see this as merely a matter of cake, you aren't equipped to understand the bigger issue.

Ahhhh, I've written before that I would accept the jobs, taking the funds and donate them that oppose gay marriage. But I'd also let the client know what their money was going too.

That's how this whole thing gets cured.

You are certainly free to adhere to what ever principles you chose. Since I now understand you don't share the American principle of equality for all, It is easier to understand why you don't have a problem with bigotry. If you see this as merely a matter of cake, you aren't equipped to understand the bigger issue.

Typical liberal, approving American principles he likes. Here is the principle for you, called First Amendment, freedom of association clause. I am free to chose who am I associating with. Or not. Here is one more American principle for you. Fuck off.

Because I don't fall for all the crazy right wing fear mongering. The president isn't trying to destroy my country. Gays aren't out to force their gayness on me or my children. I don't worry about an armed revolution against our government. I don't loose sleep over death panels, black helicopters, or the sky falling. I'm sorry that the world you live in seems to have all those problems.

But you get pissed over a cake.....

Got it

Not cake.......principle.

Ummmm no, cake.

The principle is "Do not do business with people who think they are better than you, you make them richer"

Ahhhh, I've written before that I would accept the jobs, taking the funds and donate them that oppose gay marriage. But I'd also let the client know what their money was going too.

That's how this whole thing gets cured.
What ever happened to dont talk politics or religion at work?

Typical liberal, approving American principles he likes. Here is the principle for you, called First Amendment, freedom of association clause. I am free to chose who am I associating with. Or not. Here is one more American principle for you. Fuck off.
You lost this argument already General Lee.

Can gun retailersr refuse to sell to Muslims? How about refuse to sell to christians?

I suppose it would depend on the content. If the cake was to say "Jesus Loves You" or something similarly benign, they might have a case to claim discrimination. If however it said something patently offensive like "Gays will burn in hell" or "Death to America" they probably do not have a case.

You're not smart enough to declare that.

Why do you hate the constitution?

You're not smart enough to know when you lost.

Why do you hate the constitution?

2yni7nl.gif

There are many such scenarios - which is why discrimination is hateful and wrong. Period.

Easy, you find another baker and allow consumer spending to dictate and determine if that business sells enough to stay in business.... not government. People themselves are all the power we need to make the choice of which businesses stay around. After all, it happened to 8 tracks, beepers, VCR and Beta tapes, large floor tube televisions, as well as effect businesses like Circuit City and Blockbuster Video, all without government influence. Wow, imagine that... consumers making choices for themselves what to buy and who to do business with, what an amazing new concept.

Last edited:

I just love the right pushing their ideological agenda. That'll teach all the people who dont like it but didn't vote in the last midterm because they didn't think it mattered. Now they want to protest?

Should an atheist baker be allowed to refuse to bake a cake for a religious person, event or group?

Absolutely 'yes'.

He should have the freedom to do business with whomever he likes.

It is in Society's Best Interests - as a matter of keeping the Peace - to insist on non-discrimination in a handful of key areas, such as race.

However, homosexuality is not such a key area... it only impacts 3% (-ish) of the population and is neither terribly important nor a threat to the Peace.

You might be right if only 3% supported equal rights for gays. Patriotic Americans know that we will never achieve the American ideal until we all enjoy the rights promised by the constitution. The Declaration of Independence didn't say " We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, as long as they constitute more than 3% of the population,

No one has a right to be served by any business, just as you don't have a right to go in other people's homes. They decide who they serve and who the invite in. That's called "freedom of association," a concept turds like you don't understand.

Others have explained how you are wrong multiple times, so no need for me to do it again. I will say that all your whining will do you no good. Equality will win out, and your fears will all come true. Get used to it.

Nobody whines more than queers trying to get special privileges for themselves.

No one "explained" how I was wrong. They simply posted their ill-informed opinions. "Equality" is not a right. It's an insolent demand from thugs.

Did you really just say that equality is not a right?

I always figured that conservatives don't believe that crap in the Constitution that says that it's self evident that all men are created equal. Bripat says that equality is not a right.

Should an atheist baker be allowed to refuse to bake a cake for a religious person, event or group?

Absolutely 'yes'.

It is in Society's Best Interests - as a matter of keeping the Peace - to insist on non-discrimination in a handful of key areas, such as race.

However, homosexuality is not such a key area... it only impacts 3% (-ish) of the population and is neither terribly important nor a threat to the Peace.

You might be right if only 3% supported equal rights for gays. Patriotic Americans know that we will never achieve the American ideal until we all enjoy the rights promised by the constitution. The Declaration of Independence didn't say " We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, as long as they constitute more than 3% of the population,

No one has a right to be served by any business, just as you don't have a right to go in other people's homes. They decide who they serve and who the invite in. That's called "freedom of association," a concept turds like you don't understand.

Others have explained how you are wrong multiple times, so no need for me to do it again. I will say that all your whining will do you no good. Equality will win out, and your fears will all come true. Get used to it.

No one "explained" how I was wrong. They simply posted their ill-informed opinions. "Equality" is not a right. It's an insolent demand from thugs.

I always figured that conservatives don't believe that crap in the Constitution that says that it's self evident that all men are created equal. Bripat says that equality is not a right.

It obviously isn't. Do you have the right to an income equal to what Bill Gates earned?

Absolutely 'yes'.

Some people feel like they were born more equal than the rest of us.

It obviously isn't. Do you have the right to an income equal to what Bill Gates earned?

Do you have any friends who will tell you when you are getting a little over the line? You need someone who will tell you " You might want to think about that a little before you just put it out there........cause it's nuts" Real friends do that for you. Too bad you don't have anybody like that.

What about in 100 years when George Bush 4th and William Gates the 4th and Mrs. Zuckaberg Ford have 99% of all the money because they happen to be born into the right families? This is why we should tax wealth above $10mill at 50%. How rich is too rich for democracy?

What about in 100 years when George Bush 4th and William Gates the 4th and Mrs. Zuckaberg Ford have 99% of all the money because they happen to be born into the right families? This is why we should tax wealth above $10mill at 50%. How rich is too rich for democracy?

That will only happen if libturds continue running the country into the ground.

Forum List

Back