let's have some fun

What exactly is inherently wrong with refusing to service someone who's morals/mores/lifestyle is abhorrent repulsive and counter to your own beliefs/morals/mores? :dunno:

Absolutely nothing. :fu:

He's getting so flustered that I wouldn't be surprised if he became gay to make up for his stupidity.

• Banned
What exactly is inherently wrong with refusing to service someone who's morals/mores/lifestyle is abhorrent repulsive and counter to your own beliefs/morals/mores? :dunno:

hahahahahahahah! that brings up the question of how many murders, child molesters, wife beaters, animal beaters, shit fetishers etc.
have these "righteous" served without question?
those would seem to be a more moral and logical choice to refuse service than gay phobia.

can you count how many times Indiana's governor Mike pence uses the phrase not a license to discriminate and refuse service to no one.

he had to because that what people not in the know claimed it was.

Don't blame him. He is just trying to educate you. Not dupe you like Sharpton and Maddow did.

can you count how many times Indiana's governor Mike pence uses the phrase not a license to discriminate and refuse service to no one.

"It's been a tough week....." No shit....and then he says he was "Proud" to sign that idiotic bill. :lol: What a hoot!

oki....tell you what...

Show me you read the bill.

What in the bill gives anyone a license to discriminate.

Where there's smoke, there's fire, Gov. Pence........who were those guys behind you when you were proudly signing that law?
So far no one has answered me. They simply said "it does, Everyone knows it does"

So you tell me...exactly what in the law that you read gives you reason to consider it a license to discriminate?

Where there's smoke, there's fire, Gov. Pence........who were those guys behind you when you were proudly signing that law?
So far no one has answered me. They simply said "it does, Everyone knows it does"

So you tell me...exactly what in the law that you read gives you reason to consider it a license to discriminate?
FYI...I have found this question above to be a thread killer

Moreover, SEA 101's definition of a "person" includes "a partnership, a limited liability company, a corporation, a company, a firm, a society, a joint-stock company, an unincorporated association, or another entity" that claims its practices are compelled or limited by a religious belief. In simpler terms, if a business says its services are tied to its owners' faith, it can turn away customers who don't adhere to its religious views. The obvious intention of the bill, given recent advances in LGBT civil rights, is to permit discrimination against gays and lesbians.

Indiana law shows LGBT people the closet door - LA Times

I guess the big question is, why do Republicans give a for profit business the same religious exemptions as a church?

I read the analysis of a lawyer who said this law is so poorly written you could use it to defend yourself for not serving anyone if you had some crazy excuse, that doesn't even have to be based on religion. Let's get it into court and play it out. That's the ultimate test.

Moreover, SEA 101's definition of a "person" includes "a partnership, a limited liability company, a corporation, a company, a firm, a society, a joint-stock company, an unincorporated association, or another entity" that claims its practices are compelled or limited by a religious belief. In simpler terms, if a business says its services are tied to its owners' faith, it can turn away customers who don't adhere to its religious views. The obvious intention of the bill, given recent advances in LGBT civil rights, is to permit discrimination against gays and lesbians.

I guess the big question is, why do Republicans give a for profit business the same religious exemptions as a church?

that is not what the law says.
A business can not turn away anyone. The law makes that clear.

So you did not read the law...did you.

I read the analysis of a lawyer who said this law is so poorly written you could use it to defend yourself for not serving anyone if you had some crazy excuse, that doesn't even have to be based on religion. Let's get it into court and play it out. That's the ultimate test.
h yes...the old fall back..."I read a third party's analysis"

Why don't you try to read it yourself?

I mean, you DO realize that if an attorney published his analysis, he is seeking an opportunity to express his OPINION

Aw...hell with it....you guys me me laugh.

A business can not turn away anyone. The law makes that clear.
Link?

hahahahahahahah! that brings up the question of how many murders, child molesters, wife beaters, animal beaters, shit fetishers etc.
have these "righteous" served without question?
those would seem to be a more moral and logical choice to refuse service than gay phobia.

:lol: hypotwits like him even weep for the 'unfairness' in society toward dog killers and wife beaters...

he had to because that what people not in the know claimed it was.

Don't blame him. He is just trying to educate you. Not dupe you like Sharpton and Maddow did.
best steaming pile of rationalization today.

no one has answered because it so fucking obvious.

but here we go This bill is not about discrimination,” said Indiana Governor Mike Pence when he signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) into state law last week.

But it is.

Indiana’s Senate Bill 101 prevents a government entity from substantially burdening a person's ability to exercise their religion, unless the government can demonstrate a compelling interest and takes the least-restrictive action in achieving it. While the religious freedom law does not explicitly mention sexual orientation, LGBT people have a long history of discrimination justified on religious grounds and are well placed to read between the lines.

As same sex marriage is legalized in more and more states across the US, state lawmakers have introduced a deluge of potentially discriminatory bills. According to the ACLU there have been 24 “religious freedom” bills introduced in 15 states this year alone. Similar bills to the Indiana law are close to passing in Georgia and Arkansas.

These “religious freedom” laws have a few things in common: they are vague and can provide a legal basis for discrimination in abstract and subjective terms, whether on the basis of personal religious belief, or family and traditional values. They can also be used to justify discrimination and have the effect of further stigmatizing the LGBT community.

Greg Ballard, the mayor of Indianapolis, pointed out that the law would have economic consequences for the city: “Indianapolis strives to be a welcoming place that attracts businesses, conventions, visitors and residents.” He is rightly concerned. The law gives license to business owners to discriminate based on personal religious beliefs. The law could, for example, provide the legal basis for a business to decline service to a same-sex couple because of religious belief. A landlord could, citing religious belief, refuse to lease an apartment to someone of another faith. The vague law effectively sets personal interpretation of religion above freedom from discrimination.

US states should be leading the way in equality and non-discrimination, not passing laws that open the way for people to legally indulge prejudice based on their subjective interpretation of religion.

Dispatches Freedom to Discriminate in Indiana Human Rights Watch

Last edited:

Forum List

Back