What if an Atheist baker refused to create a religious cake?

If I want a cake, and he has a cake shop, yep.
So you DO feel you are entitled to associate with anyone you want, regardless of their opinions and beliefs?
Why?
Only an idiot would make the jump you just did.
Only a mindless bigot would believe there was any jump at all.

You feel you're entitled to force a baker to bake you a cake whether he wants to or not
Thus
You feel you are entitled to associate with anyone you want, regardless of their opinions and beliefs.
Why?
If you want to call commerce an association, then I guess in that particular situation, I do expect a business to associate with the public equally, but only as it pertains to the business that is open to the public.
OK... and so the question stands:
Why do you feel are entitled to associate with anyone you want, regardless of their opinions and beliefs?

In the case of a business that is open to the public, that is the law. Bigots in some states are trying to change that, but in the long run, the American ideal of equality will win out no matter how much you whine and pout.

So you DO feel you are entitled to associate with anyone you want, regardless of their opinions and beliefs?
Why?
Only an idiot would make the jump you just did.
Only a mindless bigot would believe there was any jump at all.

You feel you're entitled to force a baker to bake you a cake whether he wants to or not
Thus
You feel you are entitled to associate with anyone you want, regardless of their opinions and beliefs.
Why?
If you want to call commerce an association, then I guess in that particular situation, I do expect a business to associate with the public equally, but only as it pertains to the business that is open to the public.
OK... and so the question stands:
Why do you feel are entitled to associate with anyone you want, regardless of their opinions and beliefs?
In the case of a business that is open to the public, that is the law.
You feel that you feel are entitled to associate with anyone you want, regardless of their opinions and beliefs --- because of the law?
And if the law says otherwise, do you still feel entitled?

Last edited:
In the case of a business that is open to the public, that is the law. Bigots in some states are trying to change that, but in the long run, the American ideal of equality will win out no matter how much you whine and pout.

I believe that. At this rate, I'm pretty sure that being gay will be mandatory. Everyone's equal.

If you have a close family member or friend who is LGBT - do you patronize businesses that don't serve them? I don't.

Because there likely are few businesses that don't. I know of none in my area.

Why would you frequent a business that disapproves of you in the first place?

Wouldn't increasing the wealth of your enemy be counter productive?

And why did the Native Americans need a law protecting their religious rights? Do you oppose that law also?

American Indian Religious Freedom Act - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I don't see gay people acting like you say "in your face"
They just had a so called "Pride Parade" in Tampa. Is it not the in your face attitude?
Yeah, those fags and the Irish and their parades, eh?
Here's your gay pride parade:
dog-people.jpg
Every group has bad actors. But pinning all people to a group that behaves poorly is dishonest. Should I assume then when I see christian snake handlers or the westbourgh baptist church that all christians are this way? I mean it is easy to debate against them when the flamboyant ones are where the cameras are all pointed. I mean fox news does this quite a bit, they interview people that you cannot possibly Lose an argument with and call it fair and balanced. But I don't care either way I just wanted to point out how dishonest your argument was!

image.jpg

Actually that's not true, if you believe that they get to pick and choose who they serve? We have laws about such things.

They can pick and chose WHAT they serve.
Yes, they can in this case. They don't have to make cookies, or muffins, or wedding cakes even, but if they do they sell to all customers.

And the Constitution, and many other constitutional laws, including the laws businesses open to the public are required to follow.

So let's say cookies, muffins and wedding cakes are on the menu.

Gay wedding cakes are not.

You walk in and order Big Mac. :D
Gay wedding cake................................Breeders wedding cake
b2cb05823400a75bd1d82ae4440123c9.jpg
b2cb05823400a75bd1d82ae4440123c9.jpg

See the difference? Right, no one else can either.

And as I said, wedding cakes are fucking gay...

Be fair. The picture just can't show all the hate, hypocrisy, and self righteousness that goes into a Christian cake.

Fina an dandy, however if the fact that the wedding cake, or any cake for that matter, will be for gay people, that changes nothing, nothing at all.

If queers demand a special cake for a sacrilegious ceremony that Christians feel they cannot participate in, yup, we will refuse to make it.
The bible thumpers aren't participating in the ceremony though are they?
They sure as shit are if they're making a cake that's going to be displayed in the middle of it.
The cake is not displayed in the middle of a marriage ceremony.

Have you ever been to a wedding where the wedding cake was on the dais during the ceremony?

Come on.

What about cakes for divorced people getting married a second time.

They are sinners too doesn't that make it immoral for you to make them a cake?

A wedding between divorced people isn't sacrilege.

A wedding between fags is.

Anyway, as I said, faggot progressives don't get to dictate to us what constitutes sacrilege, and what doesn't. Just as you don't get to dictate to us what constitutes a sacrament, and what doesn't. So stuff it. Christians aren't your slaves, fag.

Divorce is. So anyone making a cake for divorced people is condoning divorce and should go to hell

I believe that. At this rate, I'm pretty sure that being gay will be mandatory. Everyone's equal.

I'm sure it is very stressful being you.

If queers demand a special cake for a sacrilegious ceremony that Christians feel they cannot participate in, yup, we will refuse to make it.
The bible thumpers aren't participating in the ceremony though are they?
They sure as shit are if they're making a cake that's going to be displayed in the middle of it.
The cake is not displayed in the middle of a marriage ceremony.

Have you ever been to a wedding where the wedding cake was on the dais during the ceremony?

Come on.

What about cakes for divorced people getting married a second time.

They are sinners too doesn't that make it immoral for you to make them a cake?

A wedding between divorced people isn't sacrilege.

A wedding between fags is.

Anyway, as I said, faggot progressives don't get to dictate to us what constitutes sacrilege, and what doesn't. Just as you don't get to dictate to us what constitutes a sacrament, and what doesn't. So stuff it. Christians aren't your slaves, fag.

Divorce is. So anyone making a cake for divorced people is condoning divorce and should go to hell

As much I know, church shouldn't wed anyone whose previous marriage is not nullified by the church.

I see you're not worried about it at all.

Because I don't fall for all the crazy right wing fear mongering. The president isn't trying to destroy my country. Gays aren't out to force their gayness on me or my children. I don't worry about an armed revolution against our government. I don't loose sleep over death panels, black helicopters, or the sky falling. I'm sorry that the world you live in seems to have all those problems.

Because I don't fall for all the crazy right wing fear mongering. The president isn't trying to destroy my country. Gays aren't out to force their gayness on me or my children. I don't worry about an armed revolution against our government. I don't loose sleep over death panels, black helicopters, or the sky falling. I'm sorry that the world you live in seems to have all those problems.

Of course you're not worried, you approve all of the above.

Of course you're not worried, you approve all of the above.

You might want to try yoga. I hear that might be good for all that stress you must be under.

OMG! I start filing my teeth sharp and have some kind of ass chastity belt constructed throwing the fucking key away to it.

But you get pissed over a cake.....

Got it

Got it

Not cake.......principle.

Got it

Ummmm no, cake.

The principle is "Do not do business with people who think they are better than you, you make them richer"

Got it

Ummmm no, cake.

The principle is "Do not do business with people who think they are better than you, you make them richer"

You are certainly free to adhere to what ever principles you chose. Since I now understand you don't share the American principle of equality for all, It is easier to understand why you don't have a problem with bigotry. If you see this as merely a matter of cake, you aren't equipped to understand the bigger issue.

Forum List

Back