What if an Atheist baker refused to create a religious cake?

Actually he's working for money, making cakes. The reason why someone wants one of his cakes is none of his damn business. His business, making cakes.

So, enslaving the decorator must be fine as well, as long as you pay him.

After all, you are demanding that people be forced into servitude against their will.
No, I'm demanding that they do their job. And your argument died at the Supreme Court, six decades ago.

You can demand whatever you want, but they're solely deciding what their job is, not you.

Actually he's working for money, making cakes. The reason why someone wants one of his cakes is none of his damn business. His business, making cakes.

So, enslaving the decorator must be fine as well, as long as you pay him.

After all, you are demanding that people be forced into servitude against their will.
No, I'm demanding that they do their job. And your argument died at the Supreme Court, six decades ago.

You can demand whatever you want, but they're solely deciding what their job is, not you.
Actually that's not true, if you believe that they get to pick and choose who they serve? We have laws about such things.

Actually that's not true, if you believe that they get to pick and choose who they serve? We have laws about such things.

They can pick and chose WHAT they serve.
Yes, they can in this case. They don't have to make cookies, or muffins, or wedding cakes even, but if they do they sell to all customers.

And the Constitution, and many other constitutional laws, including the laws businesses open to the public are required to follow.

If you have a close family member or friend who is LGBT - do you patronize businesses that don't serve them? I don't.

Of course you do. You feel you're entitled to force a baker to bake you a cake whether he wants to or not.
If I want a cake, and he has a cake shop, yep.
So you DO feel you are entitled to associate with anyone you want, regardless of their opinions and beliefs?
Why?
Only an idiot would make the jump you just did.
Only a mindless bigot would believe there was any jump at all.

You feel you're entitled to force a baker to bake you a cake whether he wants to or not
Thus
You feel you are entitled to associate with anyone you want, regardless of their opinions and beliefs.
Why?

Our definitions of association are not the same. Buying a product or service is not the same as being invited to a dinner party at someone's home. If you want to call commerce an association, then I guess in that particular situation, I do expect a business to associate with the public equally, but only as it pertains to the business that is open to the public. Nobody is saying they have to go fishing together, unless the business is a fishing guide. Your wording is just an attempt to broaden the discussion into areas that do not pertain to this discussion. Why are you trying to misdirect the point of this discussion?

Sure, order the cake and don't insist what is for. As you said, it's none of baker business.
Fina an dandy, however if the fact that the wedding cake, or any cake for that matter, will be for gay people, that changes nothing, nothing at all.

If queers demand a special cake for a sacrilegious ceremony that Christians feel they cannot participate in, yup, we will refuse to make it.
The bible thumpers aren't participating in the ceremony though are they?
They sure as shit are if they're making a cake that's going to be displayed in the middle of it.
The cake is not displayed in the middle of a marriage ceremony.

Have you ever been to a wedding where the wedding cake was on the dais during the ceremony?

Come on.

What about cakes for divorced people getting married a second time.

They are sinners too doesn't that make it immoral for you to make them a cake?

A wedding between divorced people isn't sacrilege.

A wedding between fags is.

Anyway, as I said, faggot progressives don't get to dictate to us what constitutes sacrilege, and what doesn't. Just as you don't get to dictate to us what constitutes a sacrament, and what doesn't. So stuff it. Christians aren't your slaves, fag.

Yes, they can in this case. They don't have to make cookies, or muffins, or wedding cakes even, but if they do they sell to all customers.

And the Constitution, and many other constitutional laws, including the laws businesses open to the public are required to follow.

So let's say cookies, muffins and wedding cakes are on the menu.

Gay wedding cakes are not.

You walk in and order Big Mac. :D

Of course you do. You feel you're entitled to force a baker to bake you a cake whether he wants to or not.
If I want a cake, and he has a cake shop, yep.
So you DO feel you are entitled to associate with anyone you want, regardless of their opinions and beliefs?
Why?
Only an idiot would make the jump you just did.
Only a mindless bigot would believe there was any jump at all.

You feel you're entitled to force a baker to bake you a cake whether he wants to or not
Thus
You feel you are entitled to associate with anyone you want, regardless of their opinions and beliefs.
Why?
If you want to call commerce an association, then I guess in that particular situation, I do expect a business to associate with the public equally, but only as it pertains to the business that is open to the public.
OK... and so the question stands:
Why do you feel are entitled to associate with anyone you want, regardless of their opinions and beliefs?

Doesn't matter. You don't have to like it, but in the end, you lost. Get over it.

Comrade, from your perspective as a totalitarian thug, if there is a very talented cake decorator and he is looking for a job. A gay baker thinks that the decorator would be good for his business, so he orders the decorator to come work for him. The decorator doesn't want to, because he doesn't want to work for a queer.

Should the decorator be compelled by law to work for the gay baker?

That's it.....Right there.....See how right wingers go from a silly discussion to full blown crazy at the drop of a hat? Suddenly I'm "COMRAD" and you are asking much more ridiculous questions than before. That's why right wingers are known as crazies, and are laughed at so often.

As long as there were other options, Id have no problem with an atheist refusing to bake a religious cake and Id support a gay person not wanting to bake anything insulting ( to them) that a nut at Westboro would want printed.
...but its not a perfect world and were basically all assholes lol..soooo there must be laws.

Gay wedding cake................................Breeders wedding cake
b2cb05823400a75bd1d82ae4440123c9.jpg

See the difference? Right, no one else can either.

And as I said, wedding cakes are fucking gay...

The best bakers are gay.

Republicans are happy with second best.

if that's true than why do gays want the second best?

as for the op, if I want a religious cake, and someone doesn't want to make it, who the hell am I to tell them they have to?

Gay wedding cake................................Breeders wedding cake

See the difference? Right, no one else can either.

And as I said, wedding cakes are fucking gay...

The left one is not on the menu.

Forum List

Back