What Has Jesus Christ Done to You?

Yes. Pilate wanted to spare him but the Pharisees wouldn't have it.

by Wayne Blank

Of the three major religious societies of Judaism at the time of the New Testament (the Pharisees, the Sadducees, and the Essenes), the Pharisees were often the most vocal and influential. The origin of the Pharisees is uncertain, but their movement is believed to have grown from the Assideans (i.e. the "pious"), who began in the time of the Maccabean Revolt (see The Maccabees) against the Greek/Syrian ruler Antiochus IV, or "Antiochus Epiphanes," around 165 B.C. It was during that roughly 4 centuries between the end of the Old Testament record and the birth of Jesus Christ, prior to the rise of the Roman empire (see Ancient Empires - Rome), that the idolatrous Greek influence was at its peak in Jerusalem (see Ancient Empires - Greece, The Ptolemies and The Seleucids). The first direct mention of the Pharisees was by the Jewish/Roman historian Flavius Josephus in describing the three sects, or schools, into which the Jews were divided in 145 B.C.
The name Pharisee in its Hebrew form means separatists, or the separated ones. They were also known as chasidim, which means loyal to God, or loved of God - extremely ironic in view of the fact that by His time, they made themselves the most bitter, and deadly, opponents of Jesus Christ and His message.

The Pharisees perhaps meant to obey God, but eventually they became so devoted and extremist in very limited parts of The Law (plus all that they themselves added to it), that they became blind to The Messiah when He was in their very midst. They saw His miracles, they heard His Words, but instead of receiving it with joy, they did all that they could to stop Him - eventually to the point of getting Him killed because He truthfully claimed to be the Son of God.

Jesus Christ had strong words about the Pharisees, and what awaits some of them:

"For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes [see Lawyers] and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:20 RSV).
"He answered them, "And why do you transgress the Commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? For God commanded, 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him surely die.' But you say, 'If any one tells his father or his mother, What you would have gained from me is given to God, he need not honor his father.' So, for the sake of your tradition, you have made void the Word of God." (Matthew 15:3-6 RSV) [see The Ten Commandments and The Ten Commandments Now?].

"How is it that you fail to perceive that I did not speak about bread? Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees." Then they understood that He did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees." (Matthew 16:11-12 RSV)
(Note: Just as yeast causes bread to rise, yeast was sometimes used as a symbol of sinful pride which made people haughty and "puffed up.")

"The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat; so practice and observe whatever they tell you, but not what they do; for they preach, but do not practice. They bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with their finger. They do all their deeds to be seen by men; for they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, and they love the place of honor at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues, and salutations in the market places, and being called rabbi by men. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven." (Matthew 23:2-9 RSV)
(Note: A perhaps somewhat surprising statement - the Pharisees were correct according to their limited perspective, and were to be obeyed by the Jews under their authority. But, they were not to be emulated in their way of life - they were Hypocrites.)

"But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither enter yourselves, nor allow those who would enter to go in." (Matthew 23:13 RSV).

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the Law, justice and mercy and faith; these you ought to have done, without neglecting the others. You blind guides, straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel!" (Matthew 23:23-24)

The lesson from the Pharisees' example is that self-righteousness is not righteousness, and that God's true people are to live according to all of God's Word, not just certain parts that are most convenient or to one's own liking (see I Did It My Way...).

If I was there I would tell jesus that you will go to hell for making yourself a false god, and leading away jews from the G-D that they know.]

That you are an embarassment to jews and an affront to G-D, and how dare you challenge G-D when he said that jews may only worship and trust in him.

by Wayne Blank

Of the three major religious societies of Judaism at the time of the New Testament (the Pharisees, the Sadducees, and the Essenes), the Pharisees were often the most vocal and influential. The origin of the Pharisees is uncertain, but their movement is believed to have grown from the Assideans (i.e. the "pious"), who began in the time of the Maccabean Revolt (see The Maccabees) against the Greek/Syrian ruler Antiochus IV, or "Antiochus Epiphanes," around 165 B.C. It was during that roughly 4 centuries between the end of the Old Testament record and the birth of Jesus Christ, prior to the rise of the Roman empire (see Ancient Empires - Rome), that the idolatrous Greek influence was at its peak in Jerusalem (see Ancient Empires - Greece, The Ptolemies and The Seleucids). The first direct mention of the Pharisees was by the Jewish/Roman historian Flavius Josephus in describing the three sects, or schools, into which the Jews were divided in 145 B.C.
The name Pharisee in its Hebrew form means separatists, or the separated ones. They were also known as chasidim, which means loyal to God, or loved of God - extremely ironic in view of the fact that by His time, they made themselves the most bitter, and deadly, opponents of Jesus Christ and His message.

The Pharisees perhaps meant to obey God, but eventually they became so devoted and extremist in very limited parts of The Law (plus all that they themselves added to it), that they became blind to The Messiah when He was in their very midst. They saw His miracles, they heard His Words, but instead of receiving it with joy, they did all that they could to stop Him - eventually to the point of getting Him killed because He truthfully claimed to be the Son of God.

Jesus Christ had strong words about the Pharisees, and what awaits some of them:

"For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes [see Lawyers] and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:20 RSV).
"He answered them, "And why do you transgress the Commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? For God commanded, 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him surely die.' But you say, 'If any one tells his father or his mother, What you would have gained from me is given to God, he need not honor his father.' So, for the sake of your tradition, you have made void the Word of God." (Matthew 15:3-6 RSV) [see The Ten Commandments and The Ten Commandments Now?].

"How is it that you fail to perceive that I did not speak about bread? Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees." Then they understood that He did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees." (Matthew 16:11-12 RSV)
(Note: Just as yeast causes bread to rise, yeast was sometimes used as a symbol of sinful pride which made people haughty and "puffed up.")

"The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat; so practice and observe whatever they tell you, but not what they do; for they preach, but do not practice. They bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with their finger. They do all their deeds to be seen by men; for they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, and they love the place of honor at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues, and salutations in the market places, and being called rabbi by men. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven." (Matthew 23:2-9 RSV)
(Note: A perhaps somewhat surprising statement - the Pharisees were correct according to their limited perspective, and were to be obeyed by the Jews under their authority. But, they were not to be emulated in their way of life - they were Hypocrites.)

"But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither enter yourselves, nor allow those who would enter to go in." (Matthew 23:13 RSV).

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the Law, justice and mercy and faith; these you ought to have done, without neglecting the others. You blind guides, straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel!" (Matthew 23:23-24)

The lesson from the Pharisees' example is that self-righteousness is not righteousness, and that God's true people are to live according to all of God's Word, not just certain parts that are most convenient or to one's own liking (see I Did It My Way...).

If I was there I would tell jesus that you will go to hell for making yourself a false god, and leading away jews from the G-D that they know.]

That you are an embarassment to jews and an affront to G-D, and how dare you challenge G-D when he said that jews may only worship and trust in him.

Gosh, you sound just like the Pharisees. Go figure.
Then they told Pilate to kill him. Pilate was afraid of another revolt, so he did.

Errrr no.

1) The romans crucified him

2) G-D told the jews in numerous passages that there is only him, to not trust anyone but him, to not worship anyone but him, to not put t heir trust in any man, etc.

3)Almost every prayer in judaism proclaims that G-D is one

I think it was the jews who got the roman to do the dirty deed.

You are incorrect. The romans were not exactly taking orders from jews.

The Jews were given a choice....they could free Jesus who did nothing except preach love, or they could free Barabas, a murderer. The Jews chose the murderer.

During his life, Jesus never preached that he was the messiah. Seems to me the Jews hatred for Jesus has carried over to this day with misinformation they seem to be teaching their children.

Since JC lived (and i do believe he lived but only once) and died over one thousand nine hundred and something years before I was born, i can honestly say he did absolutely nothing for me.

Last edited:
Since JC lived (and i do believe he lived but only once) and died over one thousand nine hundred and something years before I was born, i can honestly say he did absolutely nothing for me.

I disagree. I think he did an amazing job....he lived 2000 years ago and people are still discussing his teachings today. That's a pretty good run, isn't it? Do you really believe the world would be the same today if he hadn't lived at all?

I disagree. I think he did an amazing job....he lived 2000 years ago and people are still discussing his teachings today. That's a pretty good run, isn't it? Do you really believe the world would be the same today if he hadn't lived at all?

So you really believe we would have all killed each other or something if he hadn't lived?

The world would be different if JC never was. it might be a hell of a lot better.

As if the jews had a say :cuckoo:

Please educate yourself on this topic if you're going to continue to discuss it. It's impossible to have an intelligent conversation with someone so woefully ignorant of history.

Your history is based on fiction.

The reason that jesus and his minions have such hatred for jews is because they didn't buy the "snake oil" he was selling.

I think it was the jews who got the roman to do the dirty deed.

You are incorrect. The romans were not exactly taking orders from jews.

The Jews were given a choice....they could free Jesus who did nothing except preach love, or they could free Barabas, a murderer. The Jews chose the murderer.

During his life, Jesus never preached that he was the messiah. Seems to me the Jews hatred for Jesus has carried over to this day with misinformation they seem to be teaching their children.

The jews had no choices when it came to the romans.

The romans, who were vicious oppressors of the jews, did anything they wanted to.

My beef with christians is that some of them pervert and twist the Torah, which is a very holy book to jews, so they can validate their beliefs.

Let anyone believe whatever they want, but I don't like my scared book twisted and insulted, so others can use it to validate their beliefs. Obviously, I have no choice, but I don't have to like it.

Also, a lot of jews were tortured and murdered in the name of jesus.

A lot of people bought what he was selling.

by Wayne Blank

Then they told Pilate to kill him. Pilate was afraid of another revolt, so he did.

It's amazing you believe such nonsense.

Obviously since G-D made it explicitly clear in numerous passages in the Torah, some of which I posted, to not worship or put trust in anyone but him and the Torah makes it crystal clear what the messianic prophesies were, no Jew who feared and loved G-D is going to turn away from the G-D of the jews to follow a false god.

Based on the Torah there is no difference between worshipping a golden calf and worshipping jesus. That's not meant as an attack, it's just a fact.

So you really believe we would have all killed each other or something if he hadn't lived?

The world would be different if JC never was. it might be a hell of a lot better.

He preached loving, not just your neighbor, but your enemy. He was the first to do that. Do you really think the world would be better off had he never lived?

As if the jews had a say :cuckoo:

Please educate yourself on this topic if you're going to continue to discuss it. It's impossible to have an intelligent conversation with someone so woefully ignorant of history.

The reason that jesus and his minions have such hatred for jews is because they didn't buy the "snake oil" he was selling.

No, it's not. The NT isn't the only place this information is recorded.

Again, please, please do some research.

And Jesus didn't have any hatred of Jews at all. Being Jewish himself, and of the house of David, that is a ridiculous assumption.

He preached loving, not just your neighbor, but your enemy. He was the first to do that. Do you really think the world would be better off had he never lived?

:eusa_hand:Everyone in this generation who doesn't think so has a good chance of being given the oportunity to think about that question for 7 years.

Obviously since G-D made it explicitly clear in numerous passages in the Torah, some of which I posted, to not worship or put trust in anyone but him and the Torah makes it crystal clear what the messianic prophesies were, no Jew who feared and loved G-D is going to turn away from the G-D of the jews to follow a false god.

Based on the Torah there is no difference between worshipping a golden calf and worshipping jesus. That's not meant as an attack, it's just a fact.

And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.
-Numbers 21:8-9

If it worked for them it works for me. Amazing the things your torah has in it if only you would read them.:eusa_angel:

No, it's not. The NT isn't the only place this information is recorded.

Again, please, please do some research.

And Jesus didn't have any hatred of Jews at all. Being Jewish himself, and of the house of David, that is a ridiculous assumption.

He was not from the house of David. And obviously he had hatred for jews by all the fictional accounts in the NT designed to attack jews.

And your "history" is faulty because your premises are wrong. Unfortunately, you are relying on a non credible source.

And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.
-Numbers 21:8-9

If it worked for them it works for me. Amazing the things your torah has in it if only you would read them.:eusa_angel:

Is there a point you are trying to make?

Not the so called christian, but Jesus Christ. Why would you hate someone who did nothing but love you. He loved you so much that he gave his life that you might live. So what has Jesus Christ done to you?

It's not Jesus, it's his "followers".

Jesus, protect us from your followers!

Forum List

Back