What would it take?

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
For those of you that do not believe in God, what would it take to change your mind and turn you into a believer?

"God" to make ALL politicians HONEST.
You're lying, you know it is a pool table in the living room. :lol:

If god came down to me, said, "I'm god, here, have a pool table" and one appeared in front of me from thin air, it might be enough to make me believe.

On the other hand, maybe it would really be an alien with teleportation capability trying to fool me! :confused:

It's called 'faith' for a reason. If there was evidence, there would be no need for faith. God wants us to have faith in Him.

"God" to make ALL politicians HONEST.
You're lying, you know it is a pool table in the living room. :lol:

IF it appeared out of NOWHERE and my house magically became about 2000 sq ft bigger WITH a basement........and while we are at it a Porsche 911 in the garage. LOL. I would be singing His praises from the MOUNTAIN TOPS!

I saw the FREAKIEST thing EVER yesterday. A guy at a pool tourney had a picture that looked like ink blots. In the middle of the picture were three small dots. The directions are to stare at the dots for 30-40 seconds and then look at a blank wall. At firts is a hazy circle of light then you blink your eyes three or four times and an image of Jesus appears right before your eyes. I thought it would be like you can KIND OF make out the image of Jesus.......NO it was CLEAR AS DAY! I jumped up and walked away saying "NO FREAKING WAY"! The guy said he had the EXACT same reaction........I'm an athiest but it was pretty freaking cool.

For those of you that do not believe in God, what would it take to change your mind and turn you into a believer?

God to get off his lazy ass and come convert me.

No "signs"

No "cloud reading"

No messengers or any of his other "handlers" delivering the good news.

(Actually, his handlers are the main reasons why I became suspicious of the existance of a god. Why does god need them? Why can't God post a weekly bulletin in the sky to keep us inform and to let us know he cares. Maybe God does not care? Or maybe there is no god to begin with?)

I know what I ask for from your God is impossible. Because that is a test of your God. AND your GOD is above all testing. SO MUCH SO that he is above my believing!!

Why do you care if I believe or not.
If there is a god, God does not care.
If this God did care I would be a convert.​

Let me make myself clearer

It is not some god that cares if we believe or not.

It is his handlers that care if we believe or not.

And I do not believe in the messages coming from these "God handlers". Sometimes, I doubt they believe in their messages as well...

It's called 'faith' for a reason. If there was evidence, there would be no need for faith. God wants us to have faith in Him.

And faith is a very powerful thing. Sometimes we as humans are impatient for God to give us right now whatever it is we ask for - but He acts at his own time. The one thing I wanted most in this world was to find my Dad. I started searching when I was about 8 years old in a childlike fashion - doing the best I could with what I had. I was a quite angry child and had a few choice words to say. Finally when I was about 25 years old I finally met my Dad - and not one cross word was said. I can't explain the instant sense of the magnitism between us. But there was no question that I knew at long last I had found the parent who loved me from the get-go.

I don't want to knock religion as it has its pluses just as it has many minuses, but ... So we don't believe in god, so what? I've gotten by without this 'god figure' in my life just fine for the past 26 years.

The only people that I know that have really truly benefited from believing in god were (former) criminals that didn't have any internal understanding of right and wrong and had to have it spelled out for them by some sort of a almighty all-knowing all-seeing dude in the sky.

So yes, religion (or god) has its uses, but not everyone needs it to get by in life. I think of religion as a crutch and not all of us are 'physically-challenged' or brainwashed into believing we need this crutch to be able to live our lives.

I HATE the arrogance of those that think that the belief in god makes them somehow better or special. It doesn't, you just had/have different needs or have been raised differently. That's all it boils down to.

Last edited:
I probably shouldn't answer because this question was directed at NON-believers, but...

Let's just say that if THOR showed up at my door and started displaying his control over lightening, I'd become a devout VIKING.

I probably shouldn't answer because this question was directed at NON-believers, but...

Let's just say that if THOR showed up at my door and started displaying his control over lightening, I'd become a devout VIKING.

I would be looking for the camera crew in the background.

Forum List

Back