What Happens After Death?

Logical fallacy

What is illogical? The Christian religion has existed for 2000 YEARS. And before that the Jewish Religion from whence it sprung. And that is where I get my belief from. Simple matter of facts.

And no I do not blindly believe anything, I question and I pray and I research, I talk to others, I do research with other religions, though not many I concede. I read the Bible.

Simply because you do not believe in the Christian after life does not make it illogical.

What is illogical? The Christian religion has existed for 2000 YEARS. And before that the Jewish Religion from whence it sprung. And that is where I get my belief from. Simple matter of facts.

And no I do not blindly believe anything, I question and I pray and I research, I talk to others, I do research with other religions, though not many I concede. I read the Bible.

Simply because you do not believe in the Christian after life does not make it illogical.

The logical fallacy is called "appeal to popularity". Did you ever see the bumper sticker that says "East shit. 2,000,000 flies can't be wrong"??

The logical fallacy is called "appeal to popularity". Did you ever see the bumper sticker that says "East shit. 2,000,000 flies can't be wrong"??

I thought it was appeal to tradition/age since it appears that he's trying to say that the fact that it's been around for a while somehow gives credence to it.

Originally Posted by YWN666 View Post
Basically, yeah.

I'm thinking I'd like to be stuffed and posed on my front lawn behind the lawn mower. Wouldn't that freak out the neighbors??

I'm not worried that they'll freak out. I'm HOPING they will freak out. I think it would be hilarious.
that is what I am curious about...why? Why do you give a shit so much about the neighbors? Obviously they occupy your mind.

And I suppose you would like me to answer that polite question you have made.

What is a Soul defined: Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

What is a spirit of a man/woman in God's image: Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So Y-O-U are at a loss to explain to me what a soul is or to explain what is a/the spirit?

BEing that the Bible is a book of faith and I do not share the faith of the Bible, the definitions you give me are nothing but pure poppycock.

What is a soul and what is a spirit?

Are some of you really that unhappy with your lives, that you HAVE to believe there's something "better" in this so-called "afterlife"?

happiness might be the wrong term here. but you are onto something. I do hope when life deals you a few more hands you are able to see as clearly as possible. more converts are gained because of life's sense of humor and timing.

I am truly a non believer who at one time had a deep and profound faith that lacked beliefs. :cool:

happiness might be the wrong term here. but you are onto something. I do hope when life deals you a few more hands you are able to see as clearly as possible. more converts are gained because of life's sense of humor and timing.

I am truly a non believer who at one time had a deep and profound faith that lacked beliefs. :cool:

Oh no.. Last thing *I* need is RGS following me around, telling me what my post meant, and that I'm judgmental, and intolerant of others.. I'm done with this discussion. :)
:hellno:

LOL ... oh yeah, I'm christian just because I admit that no one knows until after they die, but then regardless of what happens they aren't talking. If there is a spirit in all living things then it isn't returning to tell us what they are doing after they leave the body. If there isn't then there is nothing to return to tell us. So logic dictates that there is no way to know for certain no matter what you believe, until after you die.
Knowing for certain is the key?

We do know from science that there is a LOT we have yet to understand, and that all things are possible just some things are improbable (a lot of what we know is based more on probability and less on whether it's simply true or not).
We do not know any such thing "that all things are possible" from science or anything else. Many things are possible and many of the possible are improbable, but all things are not possible. There are many things that are impossible.

Blind faith in ANYTHING is bad, because then you stop asking questions. Without asking questions we can never know the truth. So us logical thinkers NEED the doubt generated by religion to know what the questions are, and religion NEEDS science to understand the answers better.
Blind faith in science is bad? If so, why?

Science does not need religion.

Religion has often feared science with disastrous effects for humanity.

With science religion becomes what it is to me...hooey.

Because of the advances of science, religion needs science on it's side, yet when it comes to testing any tenets of faith science is not there for religion unless one suspends critical thinking.

cry-1.jpg

Meany.

Except that this happened to an 8 year old editec long long long before those stories were common.

One of the most interesting things is that when those stories did finally make the media, I fully understood what other were saying since it had also happene to me.

You get my point? I had no such expectations, and didn't hear about the dying process until I was in my early 20s or so.

memory? I wouldn't bet on it.

either way, so what? the mind/brains all work the same on some level. drug induced hallucinations are common and shared too.

It's nothing like that in my case, amigo. I had no expectations except to die and them arise when God called in all the dead. Everything that happened to me subjectively was not anything I expected to happen.
this means absolutely nothing. trust me. I thought I was special too and found out that feeling an experience is special is not special at all...it is as common as feeling deja vu.

I live in the real world far more than you do.
nope. I guess you live in the real world as far as you perceive it. but nope.

You have a faith based belief that I am wrong based on nothing.

I at least have the humility to understand that I don't know.

So who here is the most faith based between us, then?

You or me?

are you on meds?

Oh no.. Last thing *I* need is RGS following me around, telling me what my post meant, and that I'm judgmental, and intolerant of others.. I'm done with this discussion. :)
:hellno:

Is that you in the avatar?

Yeah. Why? Do I still look like I can kill someone with my bare hands, as you so nicely stated yesterday?

OK. Yeah. Sorry about that. We haven't gotten off to a great start.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back