What Happens After Death?

True Christians eventually go to Heaven. Atheists, Jews, Mormons, Muslims, pagans, etc., burn in Hell for all of eternity. :D

(I love the answers the atheists/non-spiritual people give. How do they know? They don't.)

I do not agree. First off there is no fire lake of hell. Hell is Earth since that is Satan's Kingdom until Jesus returns. On his return that will end. Those found to be evil will be returned to permanent death. Those found wanting but not evil will be given a chance to change. God is a Forgiving God.

Evil is a choice not an accident.

Originally Posted by YWN666 View Post
Basically, yeah.

I'm thinking I'd like to be stuffed and posed on my front lawn behind the lawn mower. Wouldn't that freak out the neighbors??

why do you care so much about what the neighbors think?

I'm not worried that they'll freak out. I'm HOPING they will freak out. I think it would be hilarious.

I understand that.

To this day I am not sure what happened.

Byut one thing I do know...I went through the dying process including the whole life passing before me, and the flaoting above my body experience (including watching that girl giving me MtM recessitation) before I followed the great light and ended up in that boring bustation-like place where I was sent back.

Now I am more than willing to accept that the whole thing was my brain trying to make sense of it all EXCEPT for the floating over my body part.

That was really fucking weird.

I watched them working on me, and my body was nowhere near where I might have expected it to be.

They'd dragged me about fifty feet up on a hill for some reason so there's no way in hell I could have known where my body was while I was unconscious.

But sure as hell I woke up (puking up water) on top of that hill.

About the only think that I came away from that was this...

We don't know jackshit about our universe.

We know some of the plumbing, but as to the whole mystery of being thing?

I do NOT think we have a clue.

Doctors have been able to trigger an out of body experience by stimulating parts of the brain so there may be nothing supernatural about it.

Doctors have been able to trigger an out of body experience by stimulating parts of the brain so there may be nothing supernatural about it.

Were they able to trigger the part where you could watch people working on your apparently dead body while you were unconscious?

No?

Then we're talking about two different events.

Are some of you really that unhappy with your lives, that you HAVE to believe there's something "better" in this so-called "afterlife"?

why? If one does not believe in superstitions or the super natural and believes there is no such thing as a spirit and a soul, why would it not be sane to say death equals the end?

you do know almost all religious stuff when looked at logically is insane...unless one is religiously inclined that is.

your intolerance is showing. are you a Christian? what?

LOL ... oh yeah, I'm christian just because I admit that no one knows until after they die, but then regardless of what happens they aren't talking. If there is a spirit in all living things then it isn't returning to tell us what they are doing after they leave the body. If there isn't then there is nothing to return to tell us. So logic dictates that there is no way to know for certain no matter what you believe, until after you die. We do know from science that there is a LOT we have yet to understand, and that all things are possible just some things are improbable (a lot of what we know is based more on probability and less on whether it's simply true or not). Blind faith in ANYTHING is bad, because then you stop asking questions. Without asking questions we can never know the truth. So us logical thinkers NEED the doubt generated by religion to know what the questions are, and religion NEEDS science to understand the answers better.

Are some of you really that unhappy with your lives, that you HAVE to believe there's something "better" in this so-called "afterlife"?
Unhappy is not the case on this end.

Fact is why would I want to live in a worldly cage of flesh for an eternity?
I am positive that God is eternal and He created me the same in His image with that eternal breath of life. Sad it may be that you may not believe the same but hey that's life.

Unhappy is not the case on this end.

Fact is why would I want to live in a worldly cage of flesh for an eternity?
I am positive that God is eternal and He created me the same in His image with that eternal breath of life. Sad it may be that you may not believe the same but hey that's life.

Why is it sad that I don't believe the same thing? Why can't I just believe what I do, without receiving innuendo's about how my life is so much less fulfilling than the next persons?

I simply asked a question based on what I've heard said.. nothing more, nothing less.

Why is it sad that I don't believe the same thing? Why can't I just believe what I do, without receiving innuendo's about how my life is so much less fulfilling than the next persons?

I simply asked a question based on what I've heard said.. nothing more, nothing less.
I say sad because you so willing judge another as their must be unfulfilled for being graced with a knowledge, faith or hope that there is more than just, "Life is a bitch then you die."

You can believe whatever it is that you do believe.

Why would you assume that a person of faith has just blind merely blind faith without questions? Or that person must be miserable because they have been afforded the grace of seeing much more than just clay and dust /flesh and they have a hope for that day at some point in their future?

I say sad because you so willing judge another as their must be unfulfilled for being graced with a knowledge, faith or hope that there is more than just, "Life is a bitch then you die."

You can believe whatever it is that you do believe.

Why would you assume that a person of faith has just blind merely blind faith without questions? Or that person must be miserable because they have been afforded the grace of seeing much more than just clay and dust /flesh and they have a hope for that day at some point in their future?

Show me specifically where I judged anyone. Some people on this very board have stated that there's "more" in the "afterlife". My question was simply that - a question.

You seem to have gotten rather annoyed with it. Are you one of those people who think the afterlife is better than your present life?

Very interesting stuff.

It seems that the stimulation point is not in the same place for everyone. The two subjects they reproduced it in were stimulated in different areas of the brain.

I would also like to see if they can reproduce the actual seeing of things that happened while they were in this state. OOB people have correctly described things they could not have known because they were out.

that process is not the dying process. many people DO NOT experience that. we all watch too many movies and read too much or hear stories that influence us.

Except that this happened to an 8 year old editec long long long before those stories were common.

One of the most interesting things is that when those stories did finally make the media, I fully understood what other were saying since it had also happene to me.

You get my point? I had no such expectations, and didn't hear about the dying process until I was in my early 20s or so.

sorta like the UFO phenomena. Most all popular descriptions I've heard/seen of UFOs do NOT predate artist renderings at given points of time. I once read a book that laid it all out...how we glance at things in magazines or on their covers, etc and how that can explain things.

It's nothing like that in my case, amigo. I had no expectations except to die and them arise when God called in all the dead. Everything that happened to me subjectively was not anything I expected to happen.

anyway, good luck with the supernatural. The real world is calling.

I live in the real world far more than you do.

You have a faith based belief that I am wrong based on nothing.

I at least have the humility to understand that I don't know.

So who here is the most faith based between us, then?

You or me?

Show me specifically where I judged anyone. Some people on this very board have stated that there's "more" in the "afterlife". My question was simply that - a question.

You seem to have gotten rather annoyed with it. Are you one of those people who think the afterlife is better than your present life?

I look for the day that the promise that my Lord gave me is fulfilled so the answer would be yes.

That pretty much sums up the entire flaw with the afterlife beliefs of modern day.

Are some of you so ignorant you dismiss everything YOU chose not to believe? I have over 2000 years of support for my belief system. Plus how ever long the Jews have been around with the Old Testament.

And yet you called all of those that believe different then YOU unhappy. Go figure.

Forum List

Back