What exactly is wrong/broken with internet in the US? (Net Neutrality)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Seriously, why is there even a giant FCC ruling and political debate going on about the "freedom of the internet." There is nothing wrong with the fucking internet in the United States. Why on earth do we suddenly need a major government intervention where there is no problem?
The Internet in the US is bullshit. Overpriced, corporate, slow, and often unavailable at any decent speed or at all. Time to grow up, as usual, America.

And by the way, dick nose, the Internet here is just as fast or faster than most of the industrialized world.

Download Speed by Country Net Index from Ookla
Why, hell yes. We are 1/3 as fast as South Korea, and 1/2 as fast as Japan. We're number 27, here in the USA, we're number 27, and we're so proud to say, that we intend to stay that way.

Seriously, why is there even a giant FCC ruling and political debate going on about the "freedom of the internet." There is nothing wrong with the fucking internet in the United States. Why on earth do we suddenly need a major government intervention where there is no problem?
The Internet in the US is bullshit. Overpriced, corporate, slow, and often unavailable at any decent speed or at all. Time to grow up, as usual, America.

And by the way, dick nose, the Internet here is just as fast or faster than most of the industrialized world.

Why, hell yes. We are 1/3 as fast as South Korea, and 1/2 as fast as Japan. We're number 27, here in the USA, we're number 27, and we're so proud to say, that we intend to stay that way.
I prefer to be 1/2 as fast as Japan to giving government control over the internet. Furthermore, what promises has the FCC made to improve speed? None that I'm aware of. Any promises it made could be taken in the same light as Obama's promise that we could keep our health plans.

Hater dupes love being screwed by giant corporations...Well, now they'll have to improve our crap internet for EVERYONE so giant corps can get good service. Get it yet?

Hater dupes love being screwed by giant corporations...Well, now they'll have to improve our crap internet for EVERYONE so giant corps can get good service. Get it yet?

How does the FCC plan on forcing corporations to improve the internet?

I prefer to be 1/2 as fast as Japan to giving government control over the internet. Furthermore, what promises has the FCC made to improve speed? None that I'm aware of. Any promises it made could be taken in the same light as Obama's promise that we could keep our health plans.
Improve the speed? We have already been told that the speed will be much slower than what we're used to.

But what does that even mean? I'm streaming Netflix on two devices simultaneously with no buffering. My son is into online gaming and never fails to sync. Exactly how are we at a disadvantage?

How does the FCC plan on forcing corporations to improve the internet?
Some things have to be learned the hard way.

stubborncat.jpg

Improve the speed? We have already been told that the speed will be much slower than what we're used to.
Huh????

Thanks Vigilante....all the silly kids who think that this is actually going to give them a better, freer internet need to watch this video......just listen to what the idiots who support this say...in their very arguments, they are opposing the very thing they are supporting the government doing....they don't get it because they either worship the government....or are too inexperienced to realize the goals of the statists........

But what does that even mean? I'm streaming Netflix on two devices simultaneously with no buffering. My son is into online gaming and never fails to sync. Exactly how are we at a disadvantage?

Because when the libs are pushing one of their power grab policies....normal people keep tweeting, and posting and informing each other about it and it causes the Borg Collective no end of headaches..........so they have decided that the serfs need to have their internet access limited....for their own good....

aren't you the people who bitch about the NSA spying on us....and now you have just given control of the internet to the same people running the NSA.........yeah....you guys sure make sense.......

HOGWASH

THE Video is full of IGNORANT BULL CRAP...

and only an ignorant person would believe this idiot in it....

Is that what YOU really want to be labeled as? I wouldn't think so, but maybe I'm wrong.

You really don't understand what is going on do you? You actually believe that the government wants you to have unlimited access to the internet?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The same government that you guys bitched about using the NSA, and lying us into war, and putting corporations over people and stealing from the poor to give money to the rich, and doing all the things you hate..........and yet this entity is going to now do something that benefits you......?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Liberals think funny........

HOGWASH

Is that what YOU really want to be labeled as? I wouldn't think so, but maybe I'm wrong.

An ignorant person is the kind who believes government bureaucrats when they tell you that they are doing what they do for your benefit.

When NN starts to negatively impact the Internet, one wonders what liberals will have to say then. Will they be willing to admit that it was a huge mistake?

I'm hopeful that NN will be reversed in the fairly near future, either by a new Republican-appointed FCC or by Congressional action signed by a Republican president. But, if NN remains in force, history tells us that the government will start to ruin the Internet. If that scenario becomes a reality, it will be interesting to see if liberals will realize their error and support correcting it.

HOGWASH

Name one thing that's wrong.

Ooh, Ooh...pick me. Pick me.......

Uhhhhh...blah blah.....Comcast.......blah blah government will fix it....blah blah Koch brothers....blah blah bush lied people died......

did I get it right?

do I get extra points for blaming Bush?

(The liberal in this post was portrayed by 2aguy)

The more I read about this the more I hate it. And knowing soros is behind it just confirms that this is going to be fucked.

Forum List

Back