What does it mean to be socially liberal?

1.) Fair and simple low taxes yes

2.) As stated earlier I want most government funded programs done away with, including social security.

3.) Yes I want states to decide it. I don't want the biblical views of the minority forced on others through government regulation unless that's how the people vote it in.

4.) Than I'd live with the will of the people. However I would think it'd be hard for a law to be passed making it illegal to have an abortion in another state. What are they going to do? Send ohio state troopers to California to get me and her?

5.) Wouldn't have any problem with this either, I'd rather be "forced" to drive 15-30 minutes to the county over if I really wanted to drink than have the federal government over-ride the will of the people.

Social Security wasn't part of that question... Do you favor an end to tax incentives for specific industries and/or corporations?

I'm a hardcore fiscal conservative, pretty much every government program I want done away with and budgets slashed across the board. That being said I'm often called a social liberal because of my views, maybe I am, but sometimes when I think it out it seems like maybe the majority who define the term "socially liberal" may be incorrect.

I want government out of all marriage, which essentially gives gays the same capabilities as it does straights. I want churches, insurance companies, banks etc to make their decisions on who they deem to be married and how they want their policies to reflect that.

I want abortion to be a states right entirely. If you must know I'm pro-choice with limitations, but if my state (Ohio) passed pro-life legislation I would view it as democracy at work. If I have a future daughter who's raped and doesn't want to go through the pregnancy than I'll move or if possible have the procedure done elsewhere in another state.

I don't want government involved in religion whatsoever. No tax breaks for any religion, as this indirectly causes higher taxes for civilians who may or may not follow the religion. I don't want them telling schools how to or not to teach about religion, that should be up to the school and the school should inform the parents so they can decide if that's where they want their child to attend.

So to me getting government out of these issues seems like a conservative virtue, what say you?

Socially liberal means that you allow others to live their lives and that you do not impose your morality on others. For instance, if you want to have 18 children because you don't believe in contraception and you don't believe in abortion; I think it's dumb, but more power to you.

As long as the people involved can AFFORD 18 kids. I'm going to draw a line when it comes to putting those kids on food stamps and aid to families with dependent children.

What's the definition of "Can AFFORD"?

Unable or unwilling to get help from tax payers. If you want to breed 18 rug rats and raise them in the best squalor you can afford, knock yourself out.

Up. Knock yourself up.

1.) Fair and simple low taxes yes

2.) As stated earlier I want most government funded programs done away with, including social security.

3.) Yes I want states to decide it. I don't want the biblical views of the minority forced on others through government regulation unless that's how the people vote it in.

4.) Than I'd live with the will of the people. However I would think it'd be hard for a law to be passed making it illegal to have an abortion in another state. What are they going to do? Send ohio state troopers to California to get me and her?

5.) Wouldn't have any problem with this either, I'd rather be "forced" to drive 15-30 minutes to the county over if I really wanted to drink than have the federal government over-ride the will of the people.

Social Security wasn't part of that question... Do you favor an end to tax incentives for specific industries and/or corporations?

I'm in favor of the fair tax, so yes that would end those incentives.

Is this going towards the environment argument? Because government's role is to protect property rights so that's already covered.

If not please correct me as to what you mean.

I'm a hardcore fiscal conservative, pretty much every government program I want done away with and budgets slashed across the board. That being said I'm often called a social liberal because of my views, maybe I am, but sometimes when I think it out it seems like maybe the majority who define the term "socially liberal" may be incorrect.

I want government out of all marriage, which essentially gives gays the same capabilities as it does straights. I want churches, insurance companies, banks etc to make their decisions on who they deem to be married and how they want their policies to reflect that.

I want abortion to be a states right entirely. If you must know I'm pro-choice with limitations, but if my state (Ohio) passed pro-life legislation I would view it as democracy at work. If I have a future daughter who's raped and doesn't want to go through the pregnancy than I'll move or if possible have the procedure done elsewhere in another state.

I don't want government involved in religion whatsoever. No tax breaks for any religion, as this indirectly causes higher taxes for civilians who may or may not follow the religion. I don't want them telling schools how to or not to teach about religion, that should be up to the school and the school should inform the parents so they can decide if that's where they want their child to attend.

So to me getting government out of these issues seems like a conservative virtue, what say you?

States should since they must be involved civil union permits Get the government out of the marriage business .
You support open carry of loaded firearms?

States should since they must be involved civil union permits Get the government out of the marriage business .

Yes

Yes

You sound like a conservative to me .

Do you believe in man made global warming?
Islam has nothing to do with terrorism?

Man made no, global warming yes.

Lots of factors go into terrorism, including religion and islam specifically.

If Islam vanished tomorrow would what we call terrorism decrease? No. Terrorists just do the bidding of people who want power and money, the people with power and money convince the terrorists (with religion) to do their bidding.

If Islam vanished tomorrow a great deal of terrorism would go with it .
Terrorism is recommended and sanctified in Islamic scripture.

It's recommended in all religious scripture besides buddhism (i'm not a buddhist fyi).

People with money and power would use a different motivation besides Islam to get people to do their bidding, it's human nature, removing the religion won't remove a trait of the human species.

It's recommended in all religious scripture besides buddhism (i'm not a buddhist fyi).

People with money and power would use a different motivation besides Islam to get people to do their bidding, it's human nature, removing the religion won't remove a trait of the human species.

Im going to post the proof terrorism is a good choice in Islam you post the proof it is a good choice in Christianity Ok ?
Ready set
Go

"Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who

engages much in the Praise of Allah."

- From USC's Compendium of Muslim Texts

"He demonstrated good examples in all aspects of life, Allah says: 'You have indeed in the Apostle of Allah a beautiful pattern of (conduct)

for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day and who engages much in the praise of Allah.' (Qur'an, 33:21)."
Mohammad:
(I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight the people until they proclaim, `None has the right to be worshipped but Allah'. Whoever said it, then he will save his life and property from me, except for cases of the law, and their account will be with Allah.)

8.57. So if you gain the mastery over them in war, punish them severely in order to disperse those who are behind them, so that they may

learn a lesson.

Rubbing hands and feet with dust (Tayammum)
Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 7 :: Hadith 331
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

The Prophet said, "I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me.

1. Allah made me victorious by awe, (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month's journey.

2. The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying and a thing to perform Tayammum, therefore anyone of my

followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due.

3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me.

4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection).

5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind.

Fighting for the Cause of Allah (Jihaad)
Bukhari :: Book 4 :: Volume 52 :: Hadith 220
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with

terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my

hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not

benefit by them).

Last edited:

Welcome to the Libertarian Party Sir. We are glad to have you on board.

What you just typed were TRUE CONSERVATIVE VALUES.

Real conservatives wouldn't make it their business what people do in their private lives (gay marriage for example).

Platform | Libertarian Party check out the link...you are one of us ;)

Libertarian Statement of Principles said:
We, the members of the Libertarian Party, challenge the cult of the omnipotent state and defend the rights of the individual.

We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose.

Governments throughout history have regularly operated on the opposite principle, that the State has the right to dispose of the lives of individuals and the fruits of their labor. Even within the United States, all political parties other than our own grant to government the right to regulate the lives of individuals and seize the fruits of their labor without their consent.

We, on the contrary, deny the right of any government to do these things, and hold that where governments exist, they must not violate the rights of any individual: namely, (1) the right to life -- accordingly we support the prohibition of the initiation of physical force against others; (2) the right to liberty of speech and action -- accordingly we oppose all attempts by government to abridge the freedom of speech and press, as well as government censorship in any form; and (3) the right to property -- accordingly we oppose all government interference with private property, such as confiscation, nationalization, and eminent domain, and support the prohibition of robbery, trespass, fraud, and misrepresentation.

Since governments, when instituted, must not violate individual rights, we oppose all interference by government in the areas of voluntary and contractual relations among individuals. People should not be forced to sacrifice their lives and property for the benefit of others. They should be left free by government to deal with one another as free traders; and the resultant economic system, the only one compatible with the protection of individual rights, is the free market.

Last edited:

Im going to post the proof terrorism is a good choice in Islam you post the proof it is a good choice in Christianity Ok ?
Ready set
Go

"Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah."

"He demonstrated good examples in all aspects of life, Allah says: 'You have indeed in the Apostle of Allah a beautiful pattern of (conduct) for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day and who engages much in the praise of Allah.' (Qur'an, 33:21)."
Mohammad:(I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight the people until they proclaim, `None has the right to be worshipped but Allah'. Whoever said it, then he will save his life and property from me, except for cases of the law, and their account will be with Allah.)

8.57. So if you gain the mastery over them in war, punish them severely in order to disperse those who are behind them, so that they may learn a lesson.

The Prophet said, "I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me.
1. Allah made me victorious by awe, (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month's journey.
2. The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying and a thing to perform Tayammum, therefore anyone of my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due.
3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me.
4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection).
5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not benefit by them).

Numbers 31
31:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
31:2 Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people.
31:3 And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go against the Midianites, and avenge the LORD of Midian.
31:4 Of every tribe a thousand, throughout all the tribes of Israel, shall ye send to the war.
31:5 So there were delivered out of the thousands of Israel, a thousand of every tribe, twelve thousand armed for war.
31:6 And Moses sent them to the war, a thousand of every tribe, them and Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, to the war, with the holy instruments, and the trumpets to blow in his hand.
31:7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.
31:8 And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword.
31:9 And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods.
31:10 And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire.
31:11 And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts.
31:12 And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.
31:13 And Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and all the princes of the congregation, went forth to meet them without the camp.
31:14 And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, which came from the battle.
31:15 And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?
31:16 Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.
31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
31:18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
31:19 And do ye abide without the camp seven days: whosoever hath killed any person, and whosoever hath touched any slain, purify both yourselves and your captives on the third day, and on the seventh day.
31:20 And purify all your raiment, and all that is made of skins, and all work of goats' hair, and all things made of wood.
31:21 And Eleazar the priest said unto the men of war which went to the battle, This is the ordinance of the law which the LORD commanded Moses;
31:22 Only the gold, and the silver, the brass, the iron, the tin, and the lead,
31:23 Every thing that may abide the fire, ye shall make it go through the fire, and it shall be clean: nevertheless it shall be purified with the water of separation: and all that abideth not the fire ye shall make go through the water.
31:24 And ye shall wash your clothes on the seventh day, and ye shall be clean, and afterward ye shall come into the camp.
31:25 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
31:26 Take the sum of the prey that was taken, both of man and of beast, thou, and Eleazar the priest, and the chief fathers of the congregation:
31:27 And divide the prey into two parts; between them that took the war upon them, who went out to battle, and between all the congregation:
31:28 And levy a tribute unto the Lord of the men of war which went out to battle: one soul of five hundred, both of the persons, and of the beeves, and of the asses, and of the sheep:
31:29 Take it of their half, and give it unto Eleazar the priest, for an heave offering of the LORD.
31:30 And of the children of Israel's half, thou shalt take one portion of fifty, of the persons, of the beeves, of the asses, and of the flocks, of all manner of beasts, and give them unto the Levites, which keep the charge of the tabernacle of the LORD.
31:31 And Moses and Eleazar the priest did as the LORD commanded Moses.
31:32 And the booty, being the rest of the prey which the men of war had caught, was six hundred thousand and seventy thousand and five thousand sheep,
31:33 And threescore and twelve thousand beeves,
31:34 And threescore and one thousand asses,
31:35 And thirty and two thousand persons in all, of women that had not known man by lying with him.
31:36 And the half, which was the portion of them that went out to war, was in number three hundred thousand and seven and thirty thousand and five hundred sheep:
31:37 And the LORD's tribute of the sheep was six hundred and threescore and fifteen.
31:38 And the beeves were thirty and six thousand; of which the LORD's tribute was threescore and twelve.
31:39 And the asses were thirty thousand and five hundred; of which the LORD's tribute was threescore and one.
31:40 And the persons were sixteen thousand; of which the LORD's tribute was thirty and two persons.

Where is the difference?

Ready set
Go

"Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who

-this isn't terrorist inciting.

"He demonstrated good examples in all aspects of life, Allah says: 'You have indeed in the Apostle of Allah a beautiful pattern of (conduct)

for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day and who engages much in the praise of Allah.' (Qur'an, 33:21)."
-This doesn't incidte terrorism either, the Bible says the same thing about believing in Jesus.

Mohammad:
(I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight the people until they proclaim, `None has the right to be worshipped but Allah'. Whoever said it, then he will save his life and property from me, except for cases of the law, and their account will be with Allah.)

8.57. So if you gain the mastery over them in war, punish them severely in order to disperse those who are behind them, so that they may

learn a lesson.

2. The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying and a thing to perform Tayammum, therefore anyone of my

This doesn't incite terrorism.

3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me. This is one of the christian commandments.

4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection). -this doesn't incite terrorism.

5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind. this doesn't incite terrorism

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with

terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my

hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not

benefit by them).

I've underlined the portions I feel incite terrorism, and bolded and responded to the ones I don't think do that.

Murder in the Bible

I was going to cut and paste, but this website has dozens of examples of the christian God commanding christians to kill others because they're non-believers, for not listening to priests, if someone's gay, if someone is a fortune teller, a kid who hits his parent, fortune tellers, kids who are bratty towards their parents, adulterers, people of other religions, unwed women who aren't virgins, kill for blasphemy, anyone who works on the sabbath, kill the children of sinners, etc etc. There's too many examples to name but you should check out the biblical quotes yourself, here's one.

You Have to Kill

"Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)"

Ready set
Go

-this isn't terrorist inciting.

-This doesn't incidte terrorism either, the Bible says the same thing about believing in Jesus.

Mohammad:

learn a lesson.

This doesn't incite terrorism.

3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me. This is one of the christian commandments.

4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection). -this doesn't incite terrorism.

5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind. this doesn't incite terrorism

Narrated Abu Huraira:

benefit by them).

I've underlined the portions I feel incite terrorism, and bolded and responded to the ones I don't think do that.

Murder in the Bible

I was going to cut and paste, but this website has dozens of examples of the christian God commanding christians to kill others because they're non-believers, for not listening to priests, if someone's gay, if someone is a fortune teller, a kid who hits his parent, fortune tellers, kids who are bratty towards their parents, adulterers, people of other religions, unwed women who aren't virgins, kill for blasphemy, anyone who works on the sabbath, kill the children of sinners, etc etc. There's too many examples to name but you should check out the biblical quotes yourself, here's one.

You Have to Kill

"Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)"
You understood my post as it stands .
I will not be visiting your link.If you had proof you would have presented it.
I know there is nothing in Christian doctrine that compels terrorism .If there were I would know about it by now I have been doing this for 10 years I have had this conversation 100s of times.

Forum List

Back