What does a Woman want in a Man?

Wake

Easygoing Conservative
Jun 11, 2013
Hey, please don't try to laugh. :lol:

We're talking personality. How exactly should a man be and behave around a woman?

What exactly is a woman looking for when she's looking for a potential mate, when it comes to personality? I want to be a gentleman, but I don't think that's enough.

You are women, and I make no attempt to assume what it is you have and do search for in men.

In my personal and work life, I am gentle, kind, respectful, hard-working, funny, and mature. Also, bashful, shy, tends to over-think, and can be anxious at times.

What is it personality-wise that attracts you to a man?

What was it about him that made him worthy of your time?

I want to be more confident and manly, but remain gentle, kind, and tender with my patients and potential mate. Would a woman prefer a man who is warm, not shy when it comes to focusing on and talking with her, and is truly loving of people? More than some of these traits I have possessed for quite some time [everyone evolves and matures over time], but I feel I suffer on some of them when ground down, tired, and stressed. I want to know better how exactly I should model myself when it comes to being a man worthy of a woman's time and attention, and possible love.

Could you share with me what you honestly look for in a man, or what in his personality attracted you to date and marry him? I want to fall in love with a loving young lady, treat her with love and attention and respect, and truly bond with her at a deep, emotional level. I am not the kind of man who wants to be with a woman just for sex. No, I want a loving best friend to keep dating and going on adventures with, even after we say our vows. I don't want to just be in love with Her, but be in a strong and lasting relationship with her. Life just feels empty without a loved one to spend time with.

You've undoubtedly been in relationships before me, and I put far more stock in what a woman thinks, than what some men think, who more often than not are more interested in lust, than emotional love. Words of advice here could definitely affect my future. Please help this young guy out, yeah?
icon_smile.gif

MeBelle
skye
Gracie
Bonzi
BlueGin
Wolfsister77
AquaAthena
AngelsNDemons
candycorn
boedicca
ChrisL
emilynghiem
Jeremiah
Againsheila
AyeCantSeeYou
koshergrl
BlackSand
Coyote
Foxfyre
Sarah G

Last edited:
Hey, please don't try to laugh. :lol:

We're talking personality. How exactly should a man be and behave around a woman?

What exactly is a woman looking for when she's looking for a potential mate, when it comes to personality? I want to be a gentleman, but I don't think that's enough.

You are women, and I make no attempt to assume what it is you have and do search for in men.

In my personal and work life, I am gentle, kind, respectful, hard-working, funny, and mature. Also, bashful, shy, tends to over-think, and can be anxious at times.

What is it personality-wise that attracts you to a man?

I want to be more confident and manly, but remain gentle, kind, and tender with my patients and potential mate. Would a woman prefer a man who is warm, not shy when it comes to focusing on and talking with her, and is truly loving of people? More than some of these traits I have possessed for quite some time [everyone evolves and matures over time], but I feel I suffer on some of them when ground down, tired, and stressed. I want to know better how exactly I should model myself when it comes to being a man worthy of a woman's time and attention, and possible love.

Could you share with me what you honestly look for in a man, or what in his personality attracted you to date and marry him? I want to fall in love with a loving young lady, treat her with love and attention and respect, and truly bond with her at a deep, emotional level. I am not the kind of man who wants to be with a woman just for sex. No, I want a loving best friend to keep dating and going on adventures with, even after we say our vows. I don't want to just be in love with Her, but be in a strong and lasting relationship with her. Life just feels empty without a loved one to spend time with.

You've undoubtedly been in relationships before me, and I put far more stock in what a woman thinks, than what some men think, who more often than not are more interested in lust, than emotional love. Words of advice here could definitely affect my future. Please help this young guy out, yeah?
icon_smile.gif

MeBelle
skye
Gracie
Bonzi
BlueGin
Wolfsister77
AquaAthena
AngelsNDemons
candycorn
boedicca
ChrisL
emilynghiem
Jeremiah
Againsheila
AyeCantSeeYou
koshergrl
BlackSand
Coyote
Foxfyre
Sarah G

I will answer you tomorrow Wake

{{{ HUGS! }}}

I accidentally stumbled upon this thread cuz the @ function seems to be broken when it comes to me.
Anyway...my answer:

Has a steady job. Looks good. Has common sense. Good humor. Loves animals. Stands firm but is not a bully. Treats people with respect and demands it in return. Comfortable. Quiet but not too shy. Compassionate. Empathetic. Kind and gentle but strong and warrior-like if the situation warrants it.
That should suffice.

All women really want is a big juicy hog shoved balls deep into their turd tunnel. :thup:

Don't ask women what they want. They haven't the faintest idea.

I used to be convinced that women are attracted to assholes, then I realized they just want men who appear secure and confident, but being an asshole doesn't hurt.

Last edited:
How exactly should a man be and behave around a woman?
Be yourself!

What exactly is a woman looking for when she's looking for a potential mate, when it comes to personality?
Funny, relaxed and self confident.

I never viewed a man as being "worthy". If I was attracted to him, I'd give cues - long looks, lingering conversations, etc.

So, for me, I find myself attracted to men that are, as I said above, funny, relaxed, confident, intelligent and a little bizarre. (speaking personality only).

I would imagine a women wants a man that is manly...sorry that leaves you out wake. You might make a good girlfriend tho.

Nobody mentioned money?

Talking personality.
...although I do find that men with $ have terrible personalities (or at least a personality I don't like...)
But they don't have trouble finding women. Many gals will overlook a lot of bad qualities if they can live large.

eh......... would you want to marry a woman like that?
the again, if a woman wants $ and man wants a trophy I guess they are both shallow and materialistic and it's a good fit.

I would imagine a women wants a man that is manly...sorry that leaves you out wake. You might make a good girlfriend tho.

Women want a man that is manly. But, is a softy for her (and only her) and only at certain times.....

Nobody mentioned money?

Talking personality.
...although I do find that men with $ have terrible personalities (or at least a personality I don't like...)
But they don't have trouble finding women. Many gals will overlook a lot of bad qualities if they can live large.

eh......... would you want to marry a woman like that?
the again, if a woman wants $ and man wants a trophy I guess they are both shallow and materialistic and it's a good fit.
Unfortunately, they seem to be in the majority.

Forum List

Back