Zone1 What does 1 Samuel 8 have to do with the United States of America circa 2024?

We already see what the Pope does and says today. He gives sermons about the evils of climate change and building walls, and blesses gay unions.

Is God behind this?
Don't blame me. I "voted" for Vigano

Answer the question.

This is what happens when you look to man and not God.
You mean like the infamous Protestant Jim Jones did?

:auiqs.jpg:

People who act like Protestants have a pristine history but Catholics, not

are being utterly ridiculous

You mean like the infamous Protestant Jim Jones did?

:auiqs.jpg:
Jim Jones is a prime example of what I'm talking about.

The people were following Jim, not God.

Does it make you happy the cult had nothing to do with Catholicism?

Why won't you answer the question regarding the Inquisitions, Crusades, and Jewish Ghettos or my questions about Constantine and the current Pope?

Do you not know or are you afraid to say?

Jim Jones is a prime example of what I'm talking about.

The people were following Jim, not God.

Does it make you happy the cult had nothing to do with Catholicism?

Why won't you answer the question regarding the Inquisitions, Crusades, and Jewish Ghettos or my questions about Constantine and the current Pope?

Do you not know or are you afraid to say?
I'm sorry to hear you don't have a Search engine!

:(

Well, in that passage, the people of Israel came to Samuel, the prophet and said that they, Israel, want a king to rule over them like other nations had.

And Samuel didn't like that but prayed about it. God told him that they were not rejecting Samuel, but Him. Samuel warned them that if they got what they wanted, their children would be servants of their king (and etc...). They demanded a king anyway.
In the time around that passage, each person was their own "king" so-to-speak. Instead of everyone speaking for himself, the nation wanted a king to speak for the entire nation. If all had been centered around God, they would have been speaking with one voice--God's voice. Instead what they heard was everyone voicing his own opinions, and therefore saw a need for one kingly voice.

Right, another one compares a Christian monarchy to a brutal, murderous, don't-know-Jesus sect

whatever

:rolleyes:
the cathohic monarchs of europe have never had a great reputation for following the sermom on the mount or the golden rule. guys like wessex king eddie the confessor did not live long or prosper.

the cathohic monarchs of europe have never had a great reputation for following the sermom on the mount or the golden rule. guys like wessex king eddie the confessor did not live long or prosper.
It was at a time when most could not read, let alone have access to a Bible.

That meant the church could tell them pretty much anything.

not only were most illiterate, but most scripture (rare and hand copied by barely literate student scribes ), and everything else, was latin.

If anyone thinks that a theocracy is a good idea, why? The founding fathers didn't think it was a good idea, which is why there is a separation of church and state, as well as no official religion for the USA.

Lots of Muslims think that a theocracy is the way to go, and look how that has turned out.

What are you talking about?

In the time around that passage, each person was their own "king" so-to-speak. Instead of everyone speaking for himself, the nation wanted a king to speak for the entire nation. If all had been centered around God, they would have been speaking with one voice--God's voice. Instead what they heard was everyone voicing his own opinions, and therefore saw a need for one kingly voice.

everyone voicing his own opinions

That's America!

No one is ever wrong! Your subjective opinion is just as good as anyone else's and who gives a damn about objective Truth aka God's Truth (Jesus Christ incarnate)?

yep, this is America... Who needs Jesus... You know, the REAL Jesus!

yeh, these modern times of Everyone believing whatever whatever

are so superior!! And of course all those peasants were as dumb as YOU seem to think! Couldn't think for themselves, did not do anything unless the local priest approved of it.. SO STUPID! You insult human beings created in God's image.

I hope I never hear you gripe about all the lawlessness anymore, since you appear to have cast your vote with same

with the anti-Church people, which means anti-CHRIST. Good luck with that on judgment day.

Gee, I would tend to think that the TRUE Church Christ founded had a right to tell them stuff

silly me

exactly. one of my favorite scriptures to explain trump. compare to aesop "the frog king"

you guys were not happy with obama. weak you said. "give us a strong president,,,,,"
Wow, that just ignores history... I saw from friend, neighbors, family members that many voted for Trump that didn't approve of him,would rather not have had him but the increasinlgy mean and disgusting behavior of Hillary forced them

What did atheist Christopher Hitchens, a Brit, see about this {and he despised Trump)

I lived near this bookstore,flaming liberal, but watch this

Forum List

Back