Zone1 All of America should read this daily (memorize it, if possible)

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
Emphasis mine

The Lord said to Moses, “Speak to the whole assembly of the children of Israel and tell them:

Be holy, for I, the Lord, your God am holy. You shall not steal. You shall not lie or speak falsely to one another. You shall not swear falsely by my name, thus profaning the name of your God. I am the Lord. You shall not defraud or rob your neighbor. You shall not withhold overnight the wages of your day laborer. You shall not curse the deaf, or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but you shall fear your God. I am the Lord. You shall not act dishonestly in rendering judgment. Show neither partiality to the weak nor deference to the mighty, but judge your fellow men justly. You shall not go about spreading slander among your kin; nor shall you stand by idly when your neighbor’s life is at stake. [abortion...] I am the Lord. You shall not bear hatred for your brother in your heart. Though you may have to reprove him, do not incur sin because of him. Take no revenge and cherish no grudge… you shall love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

-Leviticus 19: 1 & 11

(taken from the Catholic missal [Scripture readings for the liturgy] for February 19, 2024)

Comment:

If only our whole nation loved Jesus (and Moses)

--or at least as much as it once did?

:(

Last edited:
Why? Do you know what a turn off to christianty it is to have people try to shove their religion down their throats? Not everyone in America is Christian, and not everyone in America is even religious.

Gee, I didn't know honoring God's 10 Commandments and asking others to maybe do the same (so as to make life better in our country)

was "shoving religion down people's throats"

WHO KNEW!?

I be so, so sorry, Massah....! I don't do again, Massah!

(not)

Why? Do you know what a turn off to christianty it is to have people try to shove their religion down their throats? Not everyone in America is Christian, and not everyone in America is even religious.

Another example of why fundamentalist Christians are hated

OK everyone, let’s all stand up and pray

Another example of why fundamentalist Christians are hated

OK everyone, let’s all stand up and pray
I can see why you and people like u feel threatened by Christ (and Moses, apparently)

you know that if you were to listen to them, you would have to CHANGE

and you are fine in your mud pit

Gee, I didn't know honoring God's 10 Commandments and asking others to maybe do the same (so as to make life better in our country)

was "shoving religion down people's throats"

Another supposed “Christian“ who has never read the Ten Commandments

The first four specifically demand you worship God……or else

Gee, I didn't know honoring God's 10 Commandments and asking others to maybe do the same was "shoving religion down people's throats"

Now you do. Hey, I was baptized christian too, but I know the difference between saying how much you like and value a given passage in the Bible from saying that ALL of America should read something daily. I know your intentions are good, but proselytizing people only tends to drive others farther away.

BTW, your sarcasm was not appreciated.

I can see why you and people like u feel threatened by Christ (and Moses, apparently)

you know that if you were to listen to them, you would have to CHANGE
I grew up with it.

I realized at a relatively young age that the Bible stories I was being taught were just Fairy Tales.

Why are you threatened by those who don’t believe what you do?

Another supposed “Christian“ who has never read the Ten Commandments

The first four specifically demand you worship God……or else
It makes sense, considering how hard headed and EVIL humans are... They have to be forced to do the right thing

Now you do. Hey, I was baptized christian too, but I know the difference between saying how much you like and value a given passage in the Bible from saying that ALL of America should read something daily. I know your intentions are good, but proselytizing people only tends to drive others farther away.

If truth... I mean Truth

drives people away

it is because they cannot stand the Truth (objective truth)

If truth... I mean Truth drives people away it is because they cannot stand the Truth (objective truth)

Just as a child may not be ready for everything, not everyone is ready to accept Christ in their lives. If and when they ever are, God will come to them in whatever way is best and show them the way. Truth as with everything in this world has many sides and facets to it; what is truth to you may not be truth to someone else.

It is good to tell people what has worked well for you, less good to decide for them that it must therefore work for them, too.

That is between them and their god (and sometimes their god is science). And when I say "their" god, understand that there is one god, but he reveals himself in infinite ways.

Just as a child may not be ready for everything, not everyone is ready to accept Christ in their lives. If and when they ever are, God will come to them in whatever way is best and show them the way. Truth as with everything in this world has many sides and facets to it; what is truth to you may not be truth to someone else.

It is good to tell people what has worked well for you, less good to decide for them that it must therefore work for them, too.

That is between them and their god (and sometimes their god is science). And when I say "their" god, understand that there is one god, but he reveals himself in infinite ways.

Look, all you have to do is NOT go to this thread.. or now that you have, all you have to do is tell all your liberal friends NOT to

All Americans should read this and memorize this

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

All Americans should read this and memorize this

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
Oh wow... Now I have not only "shoved religion down people's throats"

OMG

It gets WORSE?!!

Now I am, by posting something from the Old Testament here at the forum,

establishing a religion!

WHO KNEW?!

Sorry, Massah... I be good... I jis won't do dat again, Massah!

:rolleyes:

Certainly not everyone in America believes those pesky rules.

Look, all you have to do is NOT go to this thread.. or now that you have, all you have to do is tell all your liberal friends NOT to

Look jackass, I'm the most conservative, non-liberal, religious person probably on this forum just trying to give you a bit of kind advice. You've just shown yourself to be a complete idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about, and can't even admit when proven wrong. Now you've made yet another enemy. You have no friends here.

Certainly not everyone in America believes those pesky rules.
Yeh, we see what that leads to

promiscuity
lawlessness
breaking into property because a crime happened 1000 miles away and you're angry so you have a right to destroy someone's property, someone who had nothing to do with it

yep,

we're in good shape

Look jackass, I'm the most conservative, non-liberal, religious person probably on this forum just trying to give you a bit of kind advice. You've just shown yourself to be a complete idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about, and can't even admit when proven wrong. Now you've made yet another enemy. You have no friends here.
boo hoo

If you're conservative, I'm not

so there's that. but I know I am, so what does that mean?

admit I'm wrong? I would admit it if I were.

And also, if I'm such an idiot, why do you waste these words and your time on me?

:auiqs.jpg:

Emphasis mine

The Lord said to Moses, “Speak to the whole assembly of the children of Israel and tell them:

Be holy, for I, the Lord, your God am holy. You shall not steal. You shall not lie or speak falsely to one another. You shall not swear falsely by my name, thus profaning the name of your God. I am the Lord. You shall not defraud or rob your neighbor. You shall not withhold overnight the wages of your day laborer. You shall not curse the deaf, or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but you shall fear your God. I am the Lord. You shall not act dishonestly in rendering judgment. Show neither partiality to the weak nor deference to the mighty, but judge your fellow men justly. You shall not go about spreading slander among your kin; nor shall you stand by idly when your neighbor’s life is at stake. [abortion...] I am the Lord. You shall not bear hatred for your brother in your heart. Though you may have to reprove him, do not incur sin because of him. Take no revenge and cherish no grudge… you shall love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

-Leviticus 19: 1 & 11

(taken from the Catholic missal [Scripture readings for the liturgy] for February 19, 2024)

Comment:

If only our whole nation loved Jesus (and Moses)

--or at least as much as it once did?

:(

Seems odd to have Americans read a passage given specifically to a different group of people

Forum List

Back