What do you have NO control over?

Fried Oysters

When I think of oysters, I can't feel good about eating them; they're slimy and smelly. However, if you fry them for me, I can't get enough.

I watch the American food-tour TV show, "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" (Food Network) which is hosted by jovial roadie chef Guy Fieri, and one episode featured a spotlight on the seafood-rich restaurant in Olympia, Washington called Darby's Café. Guy watched as the in-house chef prepared fried oysters in a great little dish, and I realized why I was 'addicted' to the show.

I have to go to Darby's Café if I ever visit Olympia...for those tasty fried oysters...I need picture-perfect rehab.

:afro:

HOME

View attachment 37400

You are killing me.

Never met an oyster dish I didn't like.

Ever been to the Oyster Festival in Rockport-Fulton Texas?

Fresh hot tortilla chips and guacamole at Chevy's. I swear I could eat 5 or 6 baskets by myself.

:(
Don't know where Chevy's is, but, I go to a place called El Nopal, and since they know me, and I tip well(although I don't like the idea of tipping, it keeps owners from paying a decent wage) the automatically give me two baskets and two bottles of salsa.
Its all you can eat chips and salsa for everyone silly.

Shrimp.

I know I'm not supposed to eat it because I've had a allergic reactions to shrimp many times over the years. But since it won't happen every time I eat shrimp, if there is shrimp in the house I tend to take my chances.
I go to this all u can eat China buffet and they have many different shrimps but only eat the fried because the dont clean the mud or poop from the shrimps like you would at home.

The also put out about ten different types of California rolls. I can eat a shitload of those. Plus everything else like crab rangoon egg rolls rice kung pau sweet n sour bourbon chicken etc.

The place has ruined all other Chinese because for $2 more u get everything.
My Chinese place has frog legs, another thing I cannot get enough of.

But they are little skinny frog legs, not like the big Southern bullfrogs I used to be able to catch myself.
I remember good frog legs.

We should create huge wetlands and eat more frog legs and less beef. I heard muscles are good for the environment too but do they taste good?

You know you shouldn't eat it. But if it is there..I mean THERE, you're gonna eat it anyway. And you have NO. Self. Control. which makes you question your own power but dammitalltohell...you WANT it?

Like...a pan of brownies. I cannot eat just one. I have to eat A LOT. And I know I will regret it but I can't stop myself.

What made this thread come into being is my sister in law. She bought those really thin slices of deli salami and she wrapped pieces of it around a chunk of cheddar cheese as a snack. I saw it. Smelled it. And now I have two in front of me. I told her to hide it in her fridge cuz I know it's there. And to STOP ME. (hangs head in shame).

So..what foods do that to you?

Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die. :)

The pinwheels my sister in law makes. They are straight from the devil. cream cheese and sour cream with green onion, shredded cheddar and dried beef in a flour tortilla. I will eat them until they are gone.

Also, shrimp cocktail.

Fresh hot tortilla chips and guacamole at Chevy's. I swear I could eat 5 or 6 baskets by myself.

Don't know where Chevy's is, but, I go to a place called El Nopal, and since they know me, and I tip well(although I don't like the idea of tipping, it keeps owners from paying a decent wage) the automatically give me two baskets and two bottles of salsa.

Chevy's is a "Fresh Mex" chain. They have tortilla mujers (everyone I've see is a woman, hence mujer) who make fresh tortillas. The fresh cooked chips are fantastic! They have good salsa, too.

I do think they are having financial issues, however. The ones in San Francisco have closed, as well as the one in Alameda. We still have one in Emeryville that's close enough.

Chevy's is a "Fresh Mex" chain. They have tortilla mujers (everyone I've see is a woman, hence mujer) who make fresh tortillas. The fresh cooked chips are fantastic! They have good salsa, too.

I do think they are having financial issues, however. The ones in San Francisco have closed, as well as the one in Alameda. We still have one in Emeryville that's close enough.
I love hearing about restaurants I've never heard of in places I've never been.

I can tell you those restaurants problem. The masses dont have enough to eat out. That requires disposable income.

Where is alammeda and emoryville next to hooterville or mayberry?

I can tell you those restaurants problem. The masses dont have enough to eat out. That requires disposable income.

Next to Oakland, California.

Actually they sound like nice places.

Now that I know that I imagine you talk like the characters in the SNL skit "the californians" ever see it? So funny

Now that I know that I imagine you talk like the characters in the SNL skit "the californians" ever see it? So funny

Nope. I don't watch SNL.

Nope. I don't watch SNL.
They make fun of the way you talk act and give directions. Something about the 401? We see you guys as pretentious and superficial but we all wish we were there. Lol. Definately different that new York ERS or Midwest. Strange we dont all have the same chain restaurants.

Forum List

Back