What do you have NO control over?

Tostitos corn chips. Doritos. I refuse to buy them because I will eat the entire bag.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Straight outta the box until my tongue bleeds. Don't buy them either!

I remember those days. Captain Crunch was my weak spot.
By the time I was done the roof of my mouth felt like i'd been eating gravel.

I luuuuurrrrvvvved Cap'n Crunch when I was a tot.

Tostitos corn chips. Doritos. I refuse to buy them because I will eat the entire bag.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Straight outta the box until my tongue bleeds. Don't buy them either!

I'd probably still eat a bowl on occasion if it weren't on the banned list.:lol:

The thought of it makes my teeth hurt.

I'd probably still eat a bowl on occasion if it weren't on the banned list.:lol:

You have a banned list, too?? :thup:

Ice cream is something that can break my indomitable will, if I know it is sitting in the freezer just waiting for me to grab it. Another item is moist carrot cake ( with nuts and pineapple )and cream cheese frosting These two items are a twice a year, guilty pleasure for me to indulge.

Ice cream is something that can break my indomitable will, if I know it is sitting in the freezer just waiting for me to grab it. Another item is moist carrot cake ( with nuts and pineapple )and cream cheese frosting These two items are a twice a year, guilty pleasure for me to indulge.

Carrot cake:eusa_drool:
Another one of those enduring memories from my childhood.

Fried Oysters

When I think of oysters, I can't feel good about eating them; they're slimy and smelly. However, if you fry them for me, I can't get enough.

I watch the American food-tour TV show, "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" (Food Network) which is hosted by jovial roadie chef Guy Fieri, and one episode featured a spotlight on the seafood-rich restaurant in Olympia, Washington called Darby's Café. Guy watched as the in-house chef prepared fried oysters in a great little dish, and I realized why I was 'addicted' to the show.

I have to go to Darby's Café if I ever visit Olympia...for those tasty fried oysters...I need picture-perfect rehab.

:afro:

HOME

oysters.jpg

Shrimp.

I know I'm not supposed to eat it because I've had a allergic reactions to shrimp many times over the years. But since it won't happen every time I eat shrimp, if there is shrimp in the house I tend to take my chances.

You know you shouldn't eat it. But if it is there..I mean THERE, you're gonna eat it anyway. And you have NO. Self. Control. which makes you question your own power but dammitalltohell...you WANT it?

Like...a pan of brownies. I cannot eat just one. I have to eat A LOT. And I know I will regret it but I can't stop myself.

What made this thread come into being is my sister in law. She bought those really thin slices of deli salami and she wrapped pieces of it around a chunk of cheddar cheese as a snack. I saw it. Smelled it. And now I have two in front of me. I told her to hide it in her fridge cuz I know it's there. And to STOP ME. (hangs head in shame).

So..what foods do that to you?

I went to the store 3 days ago and went with the $6 apple pie over the $10 triple chocolate cake. I just ate the last 3rd so I ate 1/3rd of a apple pie every night after dinner for the last 3 nights. I won't do that again for awhile but damn was it good.

Or death by chocolate ice cream. Or Boston creme donuts or cinnamon rolls.

Fried Oysters

When I think of oysters, I can't feel good about eating them; they're slimy and smelly. However, if you fry them for me, I can't get enough.

I watch the American food-tour TV show, "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" (Food Network) which is hosted by jovial roadie chef Guy Fieri, and one episode featured a spotlight on the seafood-rich restaurant in Olympia, Washington called Darby's Café. Guy watched as the in-house chef prepared fried oysters in a great little dish, and I realized why I was 'addicted' to the show.

I have to go to Darby's Café if I ever visit Olympia...for those tasty fried oysters...I need picture-perfect rehab.

:afro:

HOME

View attachment 37400
Yum. Now I'm thinking about this food truck that serves brisket soft tacos make you want to smack a baby.

Shrimp.

I know I'm not supposed to eat it because I've had a allergic reactions to shrimp many times over the years. But since it won't happen every time I eat shrimp, if there is shrimp in the house I tend to take my chances.
I go to this all u can eat China buffet and they have many different shrimps but only eat the fried because the dont clean the mud or poop from the shrimps like you would at home.

The also put out about ten different types of California rolls. I can eat a shitload of those. Plus everything else like crab rangoon egg rolls rice kung pau sweet n sour bourbon chicken etc.

The place has ruined all other Chinese because for $2 more u get everything.

You know you shouldn't eat it. But if it is there..I mean THERE, you're gonna eat it anyway. And you have NO. Self. Control. which makes you question your own power but dammitalltohell...you WANT it?

Like...a pan of brownies. I cannot eat just one. I have to eat A LOT. And I know I will regret it but I can't stop myself.

What made this thread come into being is my sister in law. She bought those really thin slices of deli salami and she wrapped pieces of it around a chunk of cheddar cheese as a snack. I saw it. Smelled it. And now I have two in front of me. I told her to hide it in her fridge cuz I know it's there. And to STOP ME. (hangs head in shame).

So..what foods do that to you?
Raw oysters.

I can eat $100 worth, and want more.

Fresh hot tortilla chips and guacamole at Chevy's. I swear I could eat 5 or 6 baskets by myself.

:(
Don't know where Chevy's is, but, I go to a place called El Nopal, and since they know me, and I tip well(although I don't like the idea of tipping, it keeps owners from paying a decent wage) the automatically give me two baskets and two bottles of salsa.

Shrimp.

I go to this all u can eat China buffet and they have many different shrimps but only eat the fried because the dont clean the mud or poop from the shrimps like you would at home.

The also put out about ten different types of California rolls. I can eat a shitload of those. Plus everything else like crab rangoon egg rolls rice kung pau sweet n sour bourbon chicken etc.

The place has ruined all other Chinese because for $2 more u get everything.
My Chinese place has frog legs, another thing I cannot get enough of.

But they are little skinny frog legs, not like the big Southern bullfrogs I used to be able to catch myself.

I think I'll have a peach pie and some ice cream now.

Forum List

Back