What do you do for an income?

I'm an engineer that handles O&M for a large firm.
Can I borrow your micrometer or a dial gauge? I'm trying to patent something and I can't find mine.

Plus also, someone called me a peabrain and I want to be sure that's true.

Last edited:
Heads up folks.

This thread was totally flamed. In case you guys don't realize it - General Discussion is NOT the Flame Zone.

It has been substantially cleaned (with permission from the OP) and moved to The Lounge.

As such it operates under Lounge Rules.

So you guys are going to need to wipe your feet off on the welcome mat - don't track in the doggie doo.

P.S. - I *think* I got all the flame posts but if I missed any, let me know.

And...to add to the thread, what do I do for an income? I'm staff at a University, for the Dept of Geology and Geography. I also teach dog training classes to our community.

And then, there's my lucrative and highly paid position as a moderator hear. Checks in the mail so I'm told ;)

I'm currently a software engineer, but in a couple months my wife and I are retiring early. We're going to bum around for awhile to finish up of any projects then sell our house and go backpacking around the world.

I'm currently a software engineer, but in a couple months my wife and I are retiring early. We're going to bum around for awhile to finish up of any projects then sell our house and go backpacking around the world.
Retire and you will get old fast. Or at least find something to do on the side.

I'm only in my mid 40s and I sure don't define myself by work, not writing code for money anymore isn't going to make me get old fast.

I'm only in my mid 40s and I sure don't define myself by work, not writing code for money anymore isn't going to make me get old fast.
I'm only speaking of people I've known while they were working they were full of life, when they retired they physically aged fast.

I manage a shop for a Water Process Equipment company, keeps me occupied most of the time...a little slow right now.

A mechanical skid we fabricated and assembled.
IMG_0224.jpg

Top section of a tank we are fabricating being placed.

IMG_3741.jpg

Mechanical porches on one of our Portable Tanks.
IMG_2432.jpg

Last edited:
Some other things we do at our facility.

One of the intake screens at a power plant being removed to be rehabbed at our shop.

ScreenRemoval.jpg

A clarifier mechanism at a waste water plant, we built all the steel equipment and the drive.

IMG_00000866.jpg

A Pilot MBR Plant we are assembling for testing at our shop.

005.jpg

Killer work, reminds me of when I worked in an oil derrick construction yard...in Edmond, Ok....went home black after work...

I'm only speaking of people I've known while they were working they were full of life, when they retired they physically aged fast.
For myself, retiring meant i could start another business or career, I prefer self employment..Looking to purchase a pizza rest. with an apartment to let..

Killer work, reminds me of when I worked in an oil derrick construction yard...in Edmond, Ok....went home black after work...

Yeah it is dirty and hot..sometimes above 110F in the summer..
I hear ya, I grew up in OKC it was usual to have 110-115 in the summer,,you get a nice breeze though, from the desert SW...I was also a mason in OK.....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back