Great story, great dog

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Stray dog joins endurance racers on epic trek
After being tossed a meatball, 'Arthur' refuses to be left behind as Swedish team treks and kayaks in extreme conditions through Amazon jungle

Arthur4-copy.jpg

That friend is Arthur, a remarkable dog who decided, after being fed a meatball, that he no longer wished to be a stray jungle mutt; that he’d stick with Lindnord and Team Peak Performance regardless of circumstances.

That friend is Arthur, a remarkable dog who decided, after being fed a meatball, that he no longer wished to be a stray jungle mutt; that he’d stick with Lindnord and Team Peak Performance regardless of circumstances.

But when Lindnord fed the dog, which would soon be named Arthur, and an unbreakable bond was formed.

Arthur embarked with the four-man team, and followed along as the racers trudged through and often became stuck in mud.

Stated Lindnord on the Peak Performance blog: “At one stage we had to take a break and the dog was totally wrecked. We opened two cans of food and let him eat, because he could find no food at all in the jungle.”

more at link

Stray dog joins endurance racers on epic trek - GrindTV.com

Cool story. This reminds me of a great book I read years ago called 'Magnetic North'. It was about these two adventurers who decided to trek across Canada, sticking mainly to the sparsely populated northern latitudes of the provinces. They'd talked National Geographic into a sponsorship. Way early in the west-to-east trek, they picked up a third party member in central British Columbia: a stray mutt they named "Coy". That dog's adventures in the 3000-mile trek could have made another great book all by themselves. The well-equipped doggie trekker, one of my best buddies ever, Sally:

backpacking essentials.jpg

Forum List

Back