What do we do with Poor People?

Liberals don't want a safety net; they want a safety lifestyle! They know the more people that are dependent on the government, the bigger their constiuency!

A safety net is suppose to catch you if you fall! You must be aloft before a fall, and a net is not an elevator. If you really want a mechanism to lift the poor out of poverty, handouts are the last thing you want to do; all they do is create more dependency!

First of all, their must be cooperation, a willingness to ascend on the part of the indivisual in despair! If a person does not want to make an effort, then they should die. It is not fair to tax the productive to maintain
the sluggard. I don't believe that you can acually teach an adult work ethic - that is something you learn from your parents, and others in your circle. That is why welfare is generational, and why I feel that it should be strict, and ephemeral - no drug use, no illegals etc.

I favor work camps in lieu of welfare. A place where indivisuals can produce something; some contribution to their community - the only way to build work ethic is to work! Those who do not want to participate should be shunned!

Prove it with numbers and not your mouth!

Minister to their needs as individuals in a way that will keep them from being poor indefinitely.

For example, perhaps we should spend more on college and vocational training aid.

I guess some people just cannot get enough of costly entitlement programs.

I can get you a link where you can find the spending for any social program, except food stamps and break it down by each state. I can get you the latest month food stamp reports. Right-wing never post the data, because it isn't as much money as they lie about.

I thought it was saying something smart.

You would have to tell me what it feels like to be ashamed of being a fucking moron.

I'll take your word for it because it happens to be your only area of expertise.

People were dropping from public assistance until some fools elected Bush as President. The national debt was being paid off. Why doesn't that qualify as being moronic?

More people are on the dole after 4 years of Obama than ever before in our history.

And I never voted for Bush.

We now have a society where it's acceptable to be on the dole. That's why we're circling the drain.

For example, perhaps we should spend more on college and vocational training aid.

I can get you a link where you can find the spending for any social program, except food stamps and break it down by each state. I can get you the latest month food stamp reports. Right-wing never post the data, because it isn't as much money as they lie about.

What are you still going on about?

I showed you how we're spending more on welfare now than ever before. Is that a lie?

You want to put people through College... You go right ahead. Until then, they are welcome to get loans like everybody else did... At least those with any sense. One statistic you can't get is how little people worked for their entitlements... Even the ones who had no physical limitations.

You would have to tell me what it feels like to be ashamed of being a fucking moron.

I'll take your word for it because it happens to be your only area of expertise.

People were dropping from public assistance until some fools elected Bush as President. The national debt was being paid off. Why doesn't that qualify as being moronic?

More people are on the dole after 4 years of Obama than ever before in our history.

We now have a society where it's acceptable to be on the dole. That's why we're circling the drain.

You mean more people are on the dole since you idiots fucked up the economy that ever before in history. Why should we ever give you another chance?

You want to put people through College... You go right ahead. Until then, they are welcome to get loans like everybody else did... At least those with any sense. One statistic you can't get is how little people worked for their entitlements... Even the ones who had no physical limitations.

What I want to do is post a link that has all the data on social programs and see one right-winger in all these years post that data.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2011pubs/fas-10.pdf

Minister to their needs as individuals in a way that will keep them from being poor indefinitely.

On the other hand, some people prefer to focus on practical solutions to the challenges facing our country, as opposed to ideological cry-baby sessions.

Our country is faced with an odd predicament of relatively high unemployment, and significant under labor shortages in certain fields. The problem is that the people who are unemployed are not trained in how to do the jobs that are available. And they can't get the training because, you know, they're unemployed and don't really have alot of money.

If we had improved job training opportunities we would have better employment already. Of course, such programs do not have to be direct tuition grants or assistance. For example, the field of nursing is one that has had long term labor shortages, and currently is one of the most popular fields for new entrants. However, it's still not enough. Main reason is because nursing schools cannot churn out enough new graduates, which is largely due to the fact that teaching nursing requires a Master's degree. As a nurse, if you obtain your MSN, you have much more lucrative opportunities available to you than education. There are many schools who turn down many more applicants than they accept every year into their nursing programs simply for the fact that they cannot hire enough teachers to accommodate more students.

On the other hand, if we created some kind of tax credit that enabled schools to increase the pay of nursing teachers, they would be able to expand their class sizes, which would in turn help to fill the tens of thousands of open nursing positions that regularly go unfilled.

What I want to do is post a link that has all the data on social programs and see one right-winger in all these years post that data.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2011pubs/fas-10.pdf

That's federal aid to states for 2010. I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

We're saying that welfare spending is now historically high, and only getting higher. Your rebuttal is how that historically exorbitant amount is distributed among individual states?

I have no idea what argument that's supposed to be..

You mean more people are on the dole since you idiots fucked up the economy that ever before in history. Why should we ever give you another chance?

The US declared bankruptcy for the 1st time in 1935.

The end result of the fascist (progressive) intervention in the economy ,ie, the creation of the Federal Reserve Board,

Who are "you idiots"?

I have never been and never will be a member of any political party unlike you I prefer to think for myself.

Who are "you idiots"?

I have never been and never will be a member of any political party unlike you I prefer to think for myself.

You're out there Thick One. What does being a member of a political party have to do with anything?

Total number of U.S. jobs outsourced in 2011 2,273,392
See: Job Outsourcing Statistics | Statistic Brain

A lot of those outsourced jobs could serve as entry level jobs for America's unemployed poor.
If the Republicans want to generate political support for reducing welfare benefits for the unemployed they should also support initiatives to bring those outsourced jobs back to the USA.

A lot of those outsourced jobs could serve as entry level jobs for America's unemployed poor.
If the Republicans want to generate political support for reducing welfare benefits for the unemployed they should also support initiatives to bring those outsourced jobs back to the USA.

That's not quite the way it works.

Did you know that the United States is the world's largest manufacturing economy? We produce 18.2 percent of global manufactured products vs. second-place Chine with 17.6 percent.

Facts About Manufacturing, Manufacturing Strategy - National Association of Manufacturers - Manufacturing Association

Our nation’s unemployment rate is an important focus for the upcoming Presidential election. It’s also been a potent campaign tool, as both parties have accused the other of “outsourcing” and “sending jobs overseas.”

“Outsourcing” continues to make headlines. But an important question goes unaddressed: what are its real consequences?

According to The Heritage Foundation’s Amy Payne, outsourcing opponents fail to understand “the reality of jobs in America, and the ways to bring even more jobs to the home front.”

There are a lot of myths about outsourced jobs, particularly in the manufacturing sector. The truth is that the U.S. actually leads the world in manufacturing, producing 21 percent of global manufactured products. And several big manufacturers are building new plants in the U.S., including BMW and Airbus, creating more manufacturing jobs.

In fact, Payne reports, outsourcing benefits the U.S. as international firms locate operations here: “the total value of foreign investment in the United States exceeds the value of U.S. investments in other countries by more than $4 trillion. Foreign-owned multinational corporations employ 5.5 million people in the United States.”

On C-SPAN recently, Heritage’s Bryan Riley pointed out the facts on investment:

The Truth About ?Outsourcing? and the Real Fix for Our Economy | myHeritage

Last edited:

Now it's the Republicans who are responsible for returning the jobs which were outsourced (in 2011) under Obama's watch? :lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back