What do we do with Poor People?

Personally I could give shit one.

Throughout history there have been poor. There will always be poor. If they don't have the incentive to change their situation then sorry for the're luck.

I don't feel responsible for anyone but me and mine. I certainly don't feel responsible for anyone elses lot in life.

On what basis do you conclude that someone doesn't have the "incentive" (I presume you actually mean "will/desire") to change their situation?

I prefer to do both

Provide a safety net and a means to improve your lot in life

9 trillion dolllars since the inception of welfare and we still have the same amount if not more people in poverty.

That ought to tell you something.

It sort of tells me you're stupid.

800px-US_poverty_rate_timeline.gif

You right-wingers bitch about Johnson all the time. He had the highest annual jobs creation of any President since WWII, when there was full mobilization. Notice how many millions of people were removed from poverty. People on welfare aren't removed from poverty. Notice how poverty goes up with Republican Presidents and down with Democrats.

800px-US_poverty_rate_by_age._Timeline.gif

Notice how the elderly went from being the highest percentage in poverty to the lowest. When people's parents are poor, don't you think it's an added burden to people of working age?

Would you rather help a poor man so he's comfortable in poverty, or help a poor man rise up from poverty?

LOL - you think there's a version of poverty that people find comfortable.

This is a moronic topic.

When they don't have to work for food, housing, cell phones etc.

People can be very comfortable when someone else is paying their bills.

I dare you. Move into the projects, stay a month or so, then come back and tell us how "comfortable" you are.

This is a moronic topic.

I dare you. Move into the projects, stay a month or so, then come back and tell us how "comfortable" you are.

Will all my bills be paid so i can sit on my ass and watch TV all day?

Yeah, except for the bills you ran up on your credit card or your car payments. Do it. You ain't got the balls.

Yeah, except for the bills you ran up on your credit card or your car payments. Do it. You ain't got the balls.

Why should I do it?

I have never had anyone pay my way so I earned my right to live where I do.

You see I would rather pick up dog shit for a penny a pile than go on the fucking dole.

Going on the dole is one of the most shameful things I could imagine.

Why should I do it?

You see I would rather pick up dog shit for a penny a pile than go on the fucking dole.

I thought it was saying something smart.

Why should I do it?

You would have to tell me what it feels like to be ashamed of being a fucking moron.

I'll take your word for it because it happens to be your only area of expertise.

Why should I do it?

You would have to tell me what it feels like to be ashamed of being a fucking moron.

I'll take your word for it because it happens to be your only area of expertise.

People were dropping from public assistance until some fools elected Bush as President. The national debt was being paid off. Why doesn't that qualify as being moronic?

Why should I do it?

Why should you? Because YOU'RE the one who said people are comfortable on welfare, that's why.

Go see how comfortable they really are or take your right-wing, troglodyte, Nutter bullshit elsewhere.

Notice how the elderly went from being the highest percentage in poverty to the lowest. When people's parents are poor, don't you think it's an added burden to people of working age?

What I notice in the graph is that it confirms the fact that people get older.

Liberals don't want a safety net; they want a safety lifestyle! They know the more people that are dependent on the government, the bigger their constiuency!

A safety net is suppose to catch you if you fall! You must be aloft before a fall, and a net is not an elevator. If you really want a mechanism to lift the poor out of poverty, handouts are the last thing you want to do; all they do is create more dependency!

First of all, their must be cooperation, a willingness to ascend on the part of the indivisual in despair! If a person does not want to make an effort, then they should die. It is not fair to tax the productive to maintain
the sluggard. I don't believe that you can acually teach an adult work ethic - that is something you learn from your parents, and others in your circle. That is why welfare is generational, and why I feel that it should be strict, and ephemeral - no drug use, no illegals etc.

I favor work camps in lieu of welfare. A place where indivisuals can produce something; some contribution to their community - the only way to build work ethic is to work! Those who do not want to participate should be shunned!

Minister to their needs as individuals in a way that will keep them from being poor indefinitely.

This is a moronic topic.

The projects were designed to be quite comfortable. What happened to the projects was that people moved in. The flushed garbage down the toilets until they stopped up. The rip out heating and airconditioning to sell for drugs and generally destroy what they can't sell.

What I notice in the graph is that it confirms the fact that people get older.

There are less people in poverty who are 65 or older than in the people of work force age. That says there isn't a lot of opportunity in the country. Children are the group showing the most need.

Yes, but that is perhaps a superficial analysis, no? What if the reason poverty amongst retirees is low is because people get older with the passage of time?

Forum List

Back