What do we do with Poor People?

I believe in personal responsibility. But to answer your question, I would want him to rise up. Why keep him happy where he is at and never better himself? There would be no point in helping otherwise. Hence, the 2nd 3rd etc generations of families still on welfare. Ridiculous

And in addition to millions being poured into their poverty, they still hate "us" ( the taxpayer ) and are not a happy people. They want more, and they will still hate us and not be happy. They are liberals, because they have been bred/taught to be, by politicians who thought they were trying to help or looking for votes, or both.

One who is being fully supported by others has a motto: Bite the hand that feeds them. It is we who are making them hate us, by continuing to support their lifestyles. It is themselves they really hate, but take it out on those who are trying to "help." lol.... It is a vicious circle and both sides lose.

What do we do with them??? Nothing! Let them rise or fail by releasing them from the government teat. Those who rise, will be proud.

Last edited:
Would you rather help a poor man so he's comfortable in poverty, or help a poor man rise up from poverty?

Depends on whether you are a benevolent person and understand that the pursuit of happiness isn't something a politician can make happen. Politicians really like those dependents because it guarantees votes by having a dedicated, though desperate, base. If a person is elderly and/or disabled, I want to make them comfortable. We don't do that now. They live on the least amount of money despite many of them spending years earning that Social Security check.

People can't sit there and expect others to lift them from poverty. It's too cumbersome of a burden when they are unwilling to try. They must meet us half way, at the very least. People have way more power over their destiny than they realize, though liberal politicians have somehow made them believe that without government interferrence and expanded welfare programs and affirmative action, a person has little chance of succeeding on their own. The politicians also strive to make people as comfortable as possible in their dependent lifestyle. Most of the time, it means constant promises of more. Obama outdid himself with all the talk of redistributing the wealth when he goes after the wealthy. That sort of talk is music to the ears of the idle and uneducated.

As children, many of us understood that nothing was free. If we didn't toe the line, we would suffer for our bad choices later in life. Our parents often said do your homework and stay out of trouble or you could end up like your cousin on welfare and that was a dead end. Instead of teaching children that nanny government is there, we need to teach them that they must take control of their own lives and make decisions that will help build a good future for them. Get to them before they quit school and start having babies or breaking the law. Those things can cement their fate.

We were told if we wanted nicer clothes than their budget allowed, then we best find summer jobs. Those used to be plentiful around here. I babysat half the kids in town, worked at every restaurant in town, detasseled corn and even spent summers tying fishing lures during my school years. I took whatever was available and even held two jobs at once.

I was poor, but was never afraid to work and was too proud to take handouts. I felt that having too much help would only spoil me and make me less willing and able to do things for myself. Fending for yourself helps you grow as a person. It gives you confidence because you realize that you are capable of earning what you need instead of looking to other people to do what you can do yourself. I pity those who missed out on one of the most valuable lessons there is in life.

I see many people who look to government for all the answers. They think government is responsible for training them, feeding them, housing them and finding them a job, if they desire one.

Government has harmed millions of people by convincing them they needed help when they weren't mature enough to understand the truth about things. Get them while they are young minds full of mush and make them believe they are entitled to things because they exist. Expect nothing from them. Is it any wonder that we have 5th and 6th generations of families on welfare? When all that is taught in the home is that government owes you a living and all that is taught in school is that government and teachers are responsible for your well-being, how does a child grow into an ambitious adult who is willing to take the initiative in improving their life?

Now we have groups, like the Occupoopers, who demand a lot from others and they never stop and think who those "others" really are. Most tax payers are just average people who learned to make their own way in the world. Yes, many are tired of carrying those who failed to learn that lesson and refuse to try.

It's difficult now because too many jobs have disappeared. Before, the welfare to work was slowly turning peoples' lives around. It was a way of gently giving people that kick in the butt that their parents weren't wise enough to dish out.

Last edited:
Would you rather help a poor man so he's comfortable in poverty, or help a poor man rise up from poverty?

Depends on whether you are a benevolent person and understand that the pursuit of happiness isn't something a politician can make happen. Politicians really like those dependents because it guarantees votes by having a dedicated, though desperate, base. If a person is elderly and/or disabled, I want to make them comfortable. We don't do that now. They live on the least amount of money despite many of them spending years earning that Social Security check.

People can't sit there and expect others to lift them from poverty. It's too cumbersome of a burden when they are unwilling to try. They must meet us half way, at the very least. People have way more power over their destiny than they realize, though liberal politicians have somehow made them believe that without government interferrence and expanded welfare programs and affirmative action, a person has little chance of succeeding on their own. The politicians also strive to make people as comfortable as possible in their dependent lifestyle. Most of the time, it means constant promises of more. Obama outdid himself with all the talk of redistributing the wealth when he goes after the wealthy. That sort of talk is music to the ears of the idle and uneducated.

As children, many of us understood that nothing was free. If we didn't toe the line, we would suffer for our bad choices later in life. Our parents often said do your homework and stay out of trouble or you could end up like your cousin on welfare and that was a dead end. Instead of teaching children that nanny government is there, we need to teach them that they must take control of their own lives and make decisions that will help build a good future for them. Get to them before they quit school and start having babies or breaking the law. Those things can cement their fate.

We were told if we wanted nicer clothes than their budget allowed, then we best find summer jobs. Those used to be plentiful around here. I babysat half the kids in town, worked at every restaurant in town, detasseled corn and even spent summers tying fishing lures during my school years. I took whatever was available and even held two jobs at once.

I was poor, but was never afraid to work and was too proud to take handouts. I felt that having too much help would only spoil me and make me less willing and able to do things for myself. Fending for yourself helps you grow as a person. It gives you confidence because you realize that you are capable of earning what you need instead of looking to other people to do what you can do yourself. I pity those who missed out on one of the most valuable lessons there is in life.

I see many people who look to government for all the answers. They think government is responsible for training them, feeding them, housing them and finding them a job, if they desire one.

Government has harmed millions of people by convincing them they needed help when they weren't mature enough to understand the truth about things. Get them while they are young minds full of mush and make them believe they are entitled to things because they exist. Expect nothing from them. Is it any wonder that we have 5th and 6th generations of families on welfare? When all that is taught in the home is that government owes you a living and all that is taught in school is that government and teachers are responsible for your well-being, how does a child grow into an ambitious adult who is willing to take the initiative in improving their life?

Now we have groups, like the Occupoopers, who demand a lot from others and they never stop and think who those "others" really are. Most tax payers are just average people who learned to make their own way in the world. Yes, many are tired of carrying those who failed to learn that lesson and refuse to try.

It's difficult now because too many jobs have disappeared. Before, the welfare to work was slowly turning peoples' lives around. It was a way of gently giving people that kick in the butt that their parents weren't wise enough to dish out.

What a beautiful and profound post.

This is exactly the feeling behind my post. Thank you for taking the time to write it out.

Total number of U.S. jobs outsourced in 2011 2,273,392
See: Job Outsourcing Statistics | Statistic Brain

A lot of those outsourced jobs could serve as entry level jobs for America's unemployed poor.
If the Republicans want to generate political support for reducing welfare benefits for the unemployed they should also support initiatives to bring those outsourced jobs back to the USA.

Now it's the Republicans who are responsible for returning the jobs which were outsourced (in 2011) under Obama's watch? :lol::lol::lol:

That's not how I read the statistic. That number is the total cumulative number of jos outsourced, not the number that was outsourced in just one year (2011).

A lot of those outsourced jobs could serve as entry level jobs for America's unemployed poor.
If the Republicans want to generate political support for reducing welfare benefits for the unemployed they should also support initiatives to bring those outsourced jobs back to the USA.

Now it's the Republicans who are responsible for returning the jobs which were outsourced (in 2011) under Obama's watch? :lol::lol::lol:

That's not how I read the statistic. That number is the total cumulative number of jos outsourced, not the number that was outsourced in just one year (2011).

Then the way you read the statistics is clearly biased, because it specifically states:

Total number of U.S. jobs outsourced in 2011 - 2,273,392

It was also funny how you skipped over my original post about outsourcing. I'd like to hear your thoughts on that.

Last edited:
Notice how the elderly went from being the highest percentage in poverty to the lowest. When people's parents are poor, don't you think it's an added burden to people of working age?

What I notice in the graph is that it confirms the fact that people get older.

There are less people in poverty who are 65 or older than in the people of work force age. That says there isn't a lot of opportunity in the country. Children are the group showing the most need.

Yes, but that is perhaps a superficial analysis, no? What if the reason poverty amongst retirees is low is because people get older with the passage of time?

hey Dumya,

i had to work my way to a masters degree . work and school

Your younger folks demand instant gratification, right?

Lazy Fucks

You are a stupid enabling fuck

Last edited:
Take away all government assistance and make them get a job.

Last edited:

You moron, you don't know anything. By outsourcing jobs companies save money. And by saving money, they can hire more people here.

Then the way you read the statistics is clearly biased, because it specifically states:

Total number of U.S. jobs outsourced in 2011 - 2,273,392

It was also funny how you skipped over my original post about outsourcing. I'd like to hear your thoughts on that.
I'll take a closer look at your original post tomorrow. Meanwhile
Here is some more data on outsourcing:
See: Facts and Figures on Outsourcing
Job Loss Projections
“ As bad as these outsourcing numbers look, it is only the tip of the projected iceberg. According to the U.S. Department of Labor and Forrester Research, Inc, outsourcing is expected to expand in numbers and scope. “
223592_original.jpg

Personally I could give shit one.

Throughout history there have been poor. There will always be poor. If they don't have the incentive to change their situation then sorry for the're luck.

I don't feel responsible for anyone but me and mine. I certainly don't feel responsible for anyone elses lot in life.

I believe that poor people are responsilbe. Responsible for getting some food, a roof over their heads and some clothes on their body.

I think we should cut welfare benefits off after one month. If you can't find work in this economy after a month, you just don't want to work. And no medical benefits. If you're real sick, hurry up and die.
Fuk the food stamps. You got hungry kids? You should have thought of that before you had kids.

You know what, I think I could get a handle on this conservatism bull shit. Just take what ever you can from those that have less than you and give it to those that have a lot more than you.

How easy it that?

wish you two could get conservative politicians to speak as honestly...

:rofl:

Huh? who wants to make poor people comfortable in poverty with no path to rising out of it?

:cuckoo:

Your people:

First Term: Food Stamp Recipients Increased 11,133 Per Day Under Obama

thank gawd those programs were there. That conservative economy crisis in 2007/2008 ... we are still recovering. Thank gawd for those programs, eh?

You mean more people are on the dole since you idiots fucked up the economy that ever before in history. Why should we ever give you another chance?

Who are "you idiots"?

I have never been and never will be a member of any political party unlike you I prefer to think for myself.

You're out there Thick One. What does being a member of a political party have to do with anything?

Well let's see the term "you idiots" is plural meaning you are referring to a group of people and the group of people you blame for fucking up the country are republicans.

Oh and since you love to point out other people's mistakes, you used that instead of than in your post.

Forum List

Back