What do we do with Poor People?

I prefer to do both

Provide a safety net and a means to improve your lot in life

Statistics aren't on your side.

The ever increasing number of people going on welfare has been steadily increasing the last four years. If you consider that improving someone's quality of life, I'm not sure we can take you seriously.

You mean food stamps, right?
Because if you mean TANF you would be wrong. People going on welfare and TANF has been decreasing since 1996.
We spend half of what we used to on TANF/welfare.
"The cash assistance portion of TANF has fallen to $9.6 billion in 2011, down from $20.4 billion in what were mostly cash benefits in 1996, according to an analysis by CLASP, a low-income advocacy group. The average number of people receiving payments per month is 4.6 million, down from 12.6 million."
http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/09/news/economy/welfare-reform/index.htm

Would you rather help a poor man so he's comfortable in poverty, or help a poor man rise up from poverty?

When I saw your question about what to do with the poor posed directly beneath the picture of a lion, my first thought was that you were proposing lion food.

I gather that you are referring to welfare programs. I would rather give a hand up as opposed to a hand out. Welfare should not be anything more than a temporary hand up. It shouldn't be a lifestyle. Able bodied people should have to work.

The ever increasing number of people going on welfare has been steadily increasing the last four years. If you consider that improving someone's quality of life, I'm not sure we can take you seriously.

Economy has been shit for four years

The wealthy, of course, were the first to recover from a massive recession

The poor, as usual, will be the last

And for the last four years we've had the most regulations, bureaucracy, lobbying, crony capitalism, and government spending than ever before.

And for things to get better you're asking for more regulations, more bureaucracy, more lobbying, more crony capitalism, and more government spending?

You've got to be kidding me.

No we haven't

I prefer to do both

You mean food stamps, right?
Because if you mean TANF you would be wrong. People going on welfare and TANF has been decreasing since 1996.
We spend half of what we used to on TANF/welfare.
"The cash assistance portion of TANF has fallen to $9.6 billion in 2011, down from $20.4 billion in what were mostly cash benefits in 1996, according to an analysis by CLASP, a low-income advocacy group. The average number of people receiving payments per month is 4.6 million, down from 12.6 million."
Welfare spending cut in half since reform - Aug. 9, 2012

No, I'm not just talking about food stamps. I'm talking about everything.

Obama?s Legacy: $1.03 Trillion in Welfare Spending | RedState

In terms of the price tag, Obama has increased federal welfare spending by 32%, from $563.413 billion in FY 2008 to $745.84 billion in FY 2011. Keep in mind that this figure doesn’t include the roughly $1.57 trillion in spending for the three major entitlement programs (Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid).

I believe that poor people are responsilbe. Responsible for getting some food, a roof over their heads and some clothes on their body.

I think we should cut welfare benefits off after one month. If you can't find work in this economy after a month, you just don't want to work. And no medical benefits. If you're real sick, hurry up and die.
Fuk the food stamps. You got hungry kids? You should have thought of that before you had kids.

You know what, I think I could get a handle on this conservatism bull shit. Just take what ever you can from those that have less than you and give it to those that have a lot more than you.

How easy it that?

In other words, fuck the poor people, right?

Would you rather help a poor man so he's comfortable in poverty, or help a poor man rise up from poverty?

You can find out how much people get on welfare and post it so we all can see you are a liar.

Jello Biafra says we should kill them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpa7wEAz7I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpa7wEAz7I[/ame]

Last edited:
cda1008_table1_600px.ashx

Don't you just love how the Nutter's go on about how liberals demand equality of outcome in things like education or other issues? Equality in opportunity is the way to go!

But...then we come to the poor people. Here, they demand equality of outcome. Everybody, regardless of their background, education, intelligence, health issues, family circumstance. They ALL should be able to fend for themselves and live as successfully as everyone else! Equality of outcome is the way to go!

The government shouldn't do a damn thing for poor people. It should be up to the individual communities to care for their own.

Government welfare breeds laziness.

Whatever approach one takes, the funds to do so must be voluntarily contributed. No matter the cause, theft is wrong.

I prefer to do both

9 trillion dolllars since the inception of welfare and we still have the same amount if not more people in poverty.

That ought to tell you something.

Don't you just love how the Nutter's go on about how liberals demand equality of outcome in things like education or other issues? Equality in opportunity is the way to go!

But...then we come to the poor people. Here, they demand equality of outcome. Everybody, regardless of their background, education, intelligence, health issues, family circumstance. They ALL should be able to fend for themselves and live as successfully as everyone else! Equality of outcome is the way to go!

Equality of outcome, eh?

Congratulations on informing the entire board that you're a communist.

Now we don't have to take any of your posts seriously.

Last edited:
Vlad Dracula herded all the poor into a room and set it on fire. Has someone on the right considered that?

No, but you just did.

It's funny how the liberals are the only ones to post things like that.

No kidding... they're always fantasizing about make-believe wars on women, throwing people over cliffs, filling rooms with poor people and setting them abalze, race wars...

Scary bunch.... I think liberalism is indeed a mental disorder.

I notice you didn't post how much assistance someone gets.

I say you aren't giving assistance to the poor and are subsidizing the businesses that don't pay people enough money to live. Raise the minimum wage to a living wage and do away with welfare and all those programs once the economy is good. If you have to pay the full price for your fast food burger, because you don't want to cook one yourself, then you should pay more and pay the people who make your burger a living wage.

Higher minimum wages is even more of an incentive to work. I believe if someone is doing a job that society wants someone to do and they work 2,000 hours per year, the wages ought to be enough for them to live off of it. Now, before you start claiming minimum wages are just kids, I've looked at the demographics and they aren't. The vast majority of minimum wage and below mimimum wage people are adults.

Here's a tip! If you want to keep people off of social programs, get rid of the Republicans.

Equality of outcome, eh?

Congratulations on informing the entire board that you're a communist.

Now we don't have to take any of your posts seriously.

Do you even know what a communist is?

(ps: I should be fairly obvious to even the most casual observer that I'M not the one calling for equality of outcome. You do see that....don't you?)

LOL - you think there's a version of poverty that people find comfortable.

This is a moronic topic.

When they don't have to work for food, housing, cell phones etc.

People can be very comfortable when someone else is paying their bills.

Forum List

Back