What do we do for the children in need

Are we going to get into a pissing contest about what "oppose" means? Or are you willing to admit you have already lost the argument?

Lots of us are personally opposed to abortion. I am. Will I interfere in another woman's right to choose? No. Simple enough for you? I may be against abortion on moral grounds, but I recognize that I don't have the right to impose my morals on others. I wish that lefties were so understanding and accepting.

I believe this is the proper position to take, with the added impact that I don't believe our government should be forcing women to have children they simply do not want, or simply cannot afford to take care of.

I agree also. Do not want to give the government the power to jail one women for having an abortion and allow a wealthy women to get a doctor to do it for "safety of the mother" or whatever.

Lots of us are personally opposed to abortion. I am. Will I interfere in another woman's right to choose? No. Simple enough for you? I may be against abortion on moral grounds, but I recognize that I don't have the right to impose my morals on others. I wish that lefties were so understanding and accepting.

I believe this is the proper position to take, with the added impact that I don't believe our government should be forcing women to have children they simply do not want, or simply cannot afford to take care of.

I agree also. Do not want to give the government the power to jail one women for having an abortion and allow a wealthy women to get a doctor to do it for "safety of the mother" or whatever.

Nobody is ever "forced" to have a baby. A lot of people don't know this, but pregnancy is 100% avoidable. One of the only health issues that is actually.

Just saying.

Good thread. I'll be interested in reading the responses.

At another forum I used to frequent, I posted a similar train of thought.

In particular, we discussed the children of the Appalaichan Mountains, who are impoverished due to depressed economic conditions in their area, lack of job opportunities, lack of educational opportunities. These children are largely white, and largely invisible to most Americans. That is, unless you take the time to actually drive though the Appalaichan Mountains. And then, you will see these very loveable, very invisible chidren.

Any thoughts on them? Anyone know much about them?

When times are universally hard and the government signals the media that support for programs for the poor are needed, you will see more white Americans in the news as the sympathetic needy. When the politicians are running the demon forces of welfare, you will see black faces. For the last forever, ever since many (but not all!) peoples fortunes began to rise during the fifties and especially since, we have forgotten the universal nature of hard economic times, and poor people and welfare have been racialized and feminized.

Yeah we need to do more.

We need to give more food stamps.

I was in the market the other day and I saw a woman who must have weighed 350 buying frozen pizzas, pop tarts, chocolate chip cookies, ice cream and gallons of soda all with food stamps. 2 baskets worth of shit food.

seems to me her and her three kids, all fat by the way, were getting more than enough to eat.

Her bill came to some obscene amount like 300 bucks.

Teabagger shopping?
I always wondered what their natural habitats are.

I used to be one of them.
We did have enough to eat though as we raised and preserved well over half of what we eat.
Now even in Applachia the vast majority depend fully on the grocery store for food.

those that talk of eliminating food stamps and welfare, CHIPS, WIC, Medicaid will just be ending the lives of many children if they succeed.
Without medicaid many women would not have any prenatal care at all.

That is ridiculous. We have those things now. So why are those children starving and sick?

As of 2000, needs tested welfare only made up 17% of the welfare state, and only 1.7% of the national budget. The rest of the welfare state goes to education (25%, serving mostly wealthy and middle class families and communities, as most education is funded locally), and 47% to social security (22%), Medicare (11%) Public employee retirement (8%) Workers comp (3%) and unemployment insurance (3%).

What people receive as aide, if that is their only source of income, leaves them far below the national standard of poverty, and that measure is a pretty draconian one.

Yeah we need to do more.

We need to give more food stamps.

I was in the market the other day and I saw a woman who must have weighed 350 buying frozen pizzas, pop tarts, chocolate chip cookies, ice cream and gallons of soda all with food stamps. 2 baskets worth of shit food.

seems to me her and her three kids, all fat by the way, were getting more than enough to eat.

Her bill came to some obscene amount like 300 bucks.

Seems to me if the government wants to regulate food such as less salt intake, then the government should have restrictions on food stamps. Food stamps should only be allowed for the healthy foods.

I'd be 100% down with this idea.

It was more that way at one time. However the retailers lobbied for change and got it.

We're on the verge of implementing mandatory drug testing for those on public assistance here in LA.

It's about time.

We have children through out the US whose parents cannot provide proper housing, enough food, schoold supplies and proper medical care,

Many times the parents are at fault. If the parents lived their lives different they could provide for their children's need but they don't.

It may be the parents fault but it definitely is not the chidren's fault.

What do we do for those children in need?

well, for starters we cull out the ones who belong in Mexico and send them there..that will open some job opportunities and some school desks for Americans, at the same time it will free up some space in the Er and hospitals.

This thanksgiving I was at a dinner where this teen pregnant with twins on Welfare & Medicaid had a few contractions after traveling to get there, drinking Coffee, stuffing her face with deserts & going outside to smoke some Cigarettes. She had already been to several Medicaid doctors who put her on bed rest & band her from smoking to prevent a premature birth. Now her friend calls the teen’s doctor & 20 minutes later here comes a helicopter & takes her to a university hospital 100 miles away. They C-section the babies both under 2-lbs & have had them hospitalized every since. So far the bill is over a $1,000,000.00 which would deliver & care for 32 for regular babies in the real world & the twins are still there today costing us $250 every hour. Since the government is paying all prevention caution has been thrown to the wind & no price is too high.

The twins will now be on SSI Disability for a minimum of 2 years after they get home from the hospital. The mother a 19 year old deadbeat has been set up with Housing, Food Stamps, WICK, all Utilities, $400 a month, misc expenses & other stuff. The baby daddy that she statutory raped is only 15 years old & also a looser. My friends & I now refer to them as the Million Dollar Babies.

Last edited:
You're a fucking idiot.
But thanks for proving you can't prove your claim.

"We oppose abortion, but our pro-life agenda does not include punitive action against women who have an abortion. "

Yeah, 2004 was the best he could do. But facts are anathema to the Left.

We have children through out the US whose parents cannot provide proper housing, enough food, schoold supplies and proper medical care,

Many times the parents are at fault. If the parents lived their lives different they could provide for their children's need but they don't.

I would like to see less welfare, more childcare options for poor parents. How can they work when childcare is so expensive, especially a single parent? If parent with children got less welfare, but has a place for their kids to be (and where they can get a meal or two) than they are more likely to be able to actually work. The costs of childcare is nearly the same as people's mortgages, depending on where you live. Dont' know how many people can even afford to have kids.

And makes me feel for those parents that leave their kids at home (obviously not a baby or toddler, but a bit older) and get arrested cause they had to go to work but couldn't afford daycare. What are they supposed to do?

And I don't want to hear the bullshit answer I'm expecting to hear from some people here, the "don't have any kids" answer.

We did have enough to eat though as we raised and preserved well over half of what we eat.
Now even in Applachia the vast majority depend fully on the grocery store for food.

those that talk of eliminating food stamps and welfare, CHIPS, WIC, Medicaid will just be ending the lives of many children if they succeed.

Good point, but if one can't afford to raise a child, then one should not get pregnant.

How dare you ask people to be responsible for their actions!!!

By punishing the children?

This thanksgiving I was at a dinner where this teen pregnant with twins on Welfare & Medicaid had a few contractions after traveling to get there, drinking Coffee, stuffing her face with deserts & going outside to smoke some Cigarettes. She had already been to several Medicaid doctors who put her on bed rest & band her from smoking to prevent a premature birth. Now her friend calls the teen’s doctor & 20 minutes later here comes a helicopter & takes her to a university hospital 100 miles away. They C-section the babies both under 2-lbs & have had them hospitalized every since. So far the bill is over a $1,000,000.00 which would deliver & care for 32 for regular babies in the real world & the twins are still there today costing us $250 every hour. Since the government is paying all prevention caution has been thrown to the wind & no price is too high.

The twins will now be on SSI Disability for a minimum of 2 years after they get home from the hospital. The mother a 19 year old deadbeat has been set up with Housing, Food Stamps, WICK, all Utilities, $400 a month, misc expenses & other stuff. The baby daddy that she statutory raped is only 15 years old & also a looser. My friends & I now refer to them as the Million Dollar Babies. :eusa_liar:NOW TELL ME AGAIN YOU LYING LIBTARDS HOW WE HAVE CRAPPY COVERAGE IN THIS COUNTRY!!!:eusa_liar:
[/QUOTE]

What chain email did you post this, verbatim, FROM?

Good point, but if one can't afford to raise a child, then one should not get pregnant.

What should happen, and what happens in reality, are totally different things.

Cut back on the $$$ we're sending overseas via our government. Use it here instead.

Start, or continue to make donations to children's charities.

What should happen, and what happens in reality, are totally different things.

Maybe if we stopped making it so damned easy and acceptable, they would behave more responsibility.

We all need to give to good children's charities to help. .

Nope. I do not NEED to.

If you want to and can afford to donate money to charities that help starving, homeless, underprivileged kids thats your decision. If you dont thats your decision as well. Nobody should feel compulsed to donate money to any cause for some kind of smug altruistic sense of self righteousness just because other people want them to.

Assuming you have Conservative values here, and including the fact that there's irresponsible idiots a blunder...........

For one, if you don't allow for abortion then the irresponsible idiots have the kid they cannot afford. Since there's no way to eliminate irresponsible idiots, this hurts the child's life immensely.

Secondly, voluntary charity isn't even doing the job WITH subsidy, let alone without it. I couldn't in good conscience decide to both A: force idiots to have the baby then B: offer no help for the baby. Dunno.

I don't think food stamps should pay for Doritos or Ciggies. That's just retarted, and I also feel there should be a close eye that a welfare recipient remains taking active steps to leave the program.

I feel many conservatives think life is and ought to be a fairy tale, and try to simplify things that are indeed very complex. Simply telling people they should get pregnant, and if do, you have to have the baby (some would even go as far and say birth control is wrong), is not going to work. HIstory of human beings say otherwise. Don't know why they can't or refuse to accept that reality. ANd no, we are not encouraging it, cause not many people strive to live in poverty, even with gov't assitance

Forum List

Back