What do we do for the children in need

Your hatred is blinding you. I blame "the system" for that. Who is respoonsible for the failings of "the system"? We ALL are, stupid.

I don't hate you, Va. I feel sorry for you. You're worthy of my pity, but not my time to refute your stupidity or the effort to 'hate'. In fact, I always laugh when people accuse others of 'hate'. It is even more moronic than your stupid claims about 'conservatives'. You're rapidly losing that last shred of credibility.

Good. Then, please stop responding to my posts with yor hate filled drivel.

Ohhhhhh, I get it.... you confuse 'fact' for 'hate'. Moron. You make ridiculously stupid claims about 'conservative' and when I call you on it, that's me being 'hateful' is it? What a baby.

I don't hate you, Va. I feel sorry for you. You're worthy of my pity, but not my time to refute your stupidity or the effort to 'hate'. In fact, I always laugh when people accuse others of 'hate'. It is even more moronic than your stupid claims about 'conservatives'. You're rapidly losing that last shred of credibility.

Ohhhhhh, I get it.... you confuse 'fact' for 'hate'. Moron. You make ridiculously stupid claims about 'conservative' and when I call you on it, that's me being 'hateful' is it? What a baby.

Bingo.

Give me a break, wingnut.

REFUTE what I said with facts. The GOP wants our Federal Government to outlaw abortion. Yet, they rail against Democrats for trying to get our Federal Government to help those children in need after they are born.

Please post proof the GOP wants to outlaw abortion.
Please post where the GOP has ever railed against trying to help children.

On the contrary, the Dums use "for the children" for every stupid tax increase and program that comes down the pike. None of them have made any difference, except to make things worse overall.
I realize that your mind is made up and facts will not sway you in the slightest. I have no answer for that except maybe you ought to stay home and watch TV instead of posting here.

Human Life Amendment to the Constitution
We must keep our pledge to the first guarantee of the Declaration of Independence. That is why we say the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and we endorse legislation to make it clear that the 14th Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children. Our purpose is to have legislative and judicial protection of that right against those who perform abortions. We oppose using public revenues for abortion and will not fund organizations which advocate it. We support the appointment of judges who respect traditional family values and the sanctity of innocent human life.
We oppose abortion, but our pro-life agenda does not include punitive action against women who have an abortion. We salute those who provide alternatives to abortion and offer adoption services, and we commend Congressional Republicans for expanding assistance to adopting families and for removing racial barriers to adoption.

Source: 2004 Republican Party Platform, p. 86 Sep 1, 2004

Republican Opposition to SCHIP Expansion Bill Begins to Take Shape S E N A T U S
Act (S. 275) “would draw about 2.4 million children away from private insurance into government-sponsored coverage,” the Associated Press reports that Republicans are beginning to build their opposition arguments against the package.

You're a fucking idiot.
But thanks for proving you can't prove your claim.

"We oppose abortion, but our pro-life agenda does not include punitive action against women who have an abortion. "

You haven't posted a single FACT in this entire thread. All you have done is personally attack me. So, what would you know about the topic?

You're a fucking idiot.

"We oppose abortion, but our pro-life agenda does not include punitive action against women who have an abortion. "

Are we going to get into a pissing contest about what "oppose" means? Or are you willing to admit you have already lost the argument?

My supervisor thinks that people who receive fs should have to take classes on nutrition and food preparation, and be limited to nutritious foods.

I've always maintained that sometimes when you can't afford to buy your kids other stuff, why not be able to use food stamps occasionally for frivolities.

But you know, I've come around. She's right, food stamps aren't meant to make people feel good about themselves or provide fripperies for the family. They're meant to keep people from starving. If they want to buy goodies and prepared foods and can't afford it, then they should improve their station in life.

And while many, if not most, of my clients work, there's no excuse for failing to improve their station. I did it, my supervisor did it, lots of people do it. And in t he meantime, you scrimp and squeak by, without ridiculous food, without nice cars, without expensive hobbies.

Good response. Many years ago there used to be some restrictions on what foods you could buy - such as junk food. The system truly is broken and in dire need of a fix. Food stamps and other welfare should be conditioned on requirements being met - such as the recipients should at the very least obtain a GED; they should have to have a job of some kind; they need required parenting and nutritional education classes. Perhaps not getting an automatic increase per child, they would be encouraged to use some kind of birth control. All of this with the goal of getting people off the welfare/food stamp roles.

You haven't posted a single FACT in this entire thread. All you have done is personally attack me. So, what would you know about the topic?

I attack your comments, not you personally, moron.

You're a fucking idiot.

Are we going to get into a pissing contest about what "oppose" means? Or are you willing to admit you have already lost the argument?

Lots of us are personally opposed to abortion. I am. Will I interfere in another woman's right to choose? No. Simple enough for you? I may be against abortion on moral grounds, but I recognize that I don't have the right to impose my morals on others. I wish that lefties were so understanding and accepting.

I attack your comments, not you personally, moron.

Whatever makes you happy. Just don't pretend to be engaged in the topic while you are attacking me. Err, my comments.

You're a fucking idiot.

Lots of us are personally opposed to abortion. I am. Will I interfere in another woman's right to choose? No. Simple enough for you? I may be against abortion on moral grounds, but I recognize that I don't have the right to impose my morals on others. I wish that lefties were so understanding and accepting.

I believe this is the proper position to take, with the added impact that I don't believe our government should be forcing women to have children they simply do not want, or simply cannot afford to take care of.

I believe this is the proper position to take, with the added impact that I don't believe our government should be forcing women to have children they simply do not want, or simply cannot afford to take care of.

Since I believe in personal responsibility, rather than government intervention, I believe that women should not get pregnant with children they don't want or cannot afford. And, personally, I see no reason why one would choose to murder a human being rather than give it up for adoption.

Since I believe in personal responsibility, rather than government intervention, I believe that women should not get pregnant with children they don't want or cannot afford. And, personally, I see no reason why one would choose to murder a human being rather than give it up for adoption.
Yea, it's called common sense. Most people believe this except the dummies getting Preggers.

We all need to give to good children's charities to help. .

Nope. I do not NEED to.

If you want to and can afford to donate money to charities that help starving, homeless, underprivileged kids thats your decision. If you dont thats your decision as well. Nobody should feel compulsed to donate money to any cause for some kind of smug altruistic sense of self righteousness just because other people want them to.

Assuming you have Conservative values here, and including the fact that there's irresponsible idiots a blunder...........

For one, if you don't allow for abortion then the irresponsible idiots have the kid they cannot afford. Since there's no way to eliminate irresponsible idiots, this hurts the child's life immensely.

Secondly, voluntary charity isn't even doing the job WITH subsidy, let alone without it. I couldn't in good conscience decide to both A: force idiots to have the baby then B: offer no help for the baby. Dunno.

I don't think food stamps should pay for Doritos or Ciggies. That's just retarted, and I also feel there should be a close eye that a welfare recipient remains taking active steps to leave the program.

When you assume you make an ass out of you and me... I have no problems with abortion. I am not forcing anyone to have babies. Ideologically I am a libertarian. But I realize that certain realities make government assitance necessary. So I am a supporter of a welfare state on a minimal level but nothing like trillion+ dollar entitlement state we are today.

My point was that nobody NEEDS, should feel compelled by others, or forced to donate money or time to charties. Its something individuals should do on their own accord. If you want to donate I will not stop you. If someone else with the means doesnt want to donate I will not look down on them in anyway.

Last edited:
Nope. I do not NEED to.

If you want to and can afford to donate money to charities that help starving, homeless, underprivileged kids thats your decision. If you dont thats your decision as well. Nobody should feel compulsed to donate money to any cause for some kind of smug altruistic sense of self righteousness just because other people want them to.

Assuming you have Conservative values here, and including the fact that there's irresponsible idiots a blunder...........

For one, if you don't allow for abortion then the irresponsible idiots have the kid they cannot afford. Since there's no way to eliminate irresponsible idiots, this hurts the child's life immensely.

Secondly, voluntary charity isn't even doing the job WITH subsidy, let alone without it. I couldn't in good conscience decide to both A: force idiots to have the baby then B: offer no help for the baby. Dunno.

I don't think food stamps should pay for Doritos or Ciggies. That's just retarted, and I also feel there should be a close eye that a welfare recipient remains taking active steps to leave the program.

When you assume you make an ass out of you and me... I have no problems with abortion. I am not forcing anyone to have babies. Ideologically I am a libertarian. But I realize that certain realities make government assitance necessary. So I am a supporter of a welfare state on a minimal level but nothing like trillion+ dollar entitlement state we are today.

My point was that nobody NEEDS, should feel compelled by others, or forced to donate money or time to charties. Its something individuals should do on their own accord. If you want to donate I will not stop you. If someone else with the means doesnt want to donate I will not look down on them in anyway.

That's reasonable.

Yea, it's called common sense. Most people believe this except the dummies getting Preggers.

True. In my opinion, a few decades ago, abortion may have been a necessary evil. Now, I think there are few real excuses for aborting a child just because it is an inconvenience. I find those women despicable, but their decision is between them and God. While I done condemn them, I don't condone it. there is little real need for abortion now. Of course, there are exceptions to that.

Nope. I do not NEED to.

I totally agree. However, I also see charity as a moral obligation. I think it is good for individuals to help others. That is one of the main reasons why I am for charity and against 'redistribution' as espoused by the left.

True. In my opinion, a few decades ago, abortion may have been a necessary evil. Now, I think there are few real excuses for aborting a child just because it is an inconvenience. I find those women despicable, but their decision is between them and God. While I done condemn them, I don't condone it. there is little real need for abortion now. Of course, there are exceptions to that.

Well, be careful. Being pro-choice is automatically cast as being pro-abortion, whereas in reality most pro-choice persons are probably literally pro life (for themselves personally).

I don't like the idea of abortion except in the "cliche" instances of rape and incest. There's a large number of societal crutches now for children born to women who "can't." (provide, love, etc.)

I totally agree. However, I also see charity as a moral obligation. I think it is good for individuals to help others. That is one of the main reasons why I am for charity and against 'redistribution' as espoused by the left.

Even though it is a known fact that charity alone, is simply not enough?

Last edited:
Well, a good start would be to start addressing the causes... not the symptoms. All to often some "do-gooder" as my Father used to call them, decides that we just ned to "give them more".

There is a reason why there is generation after generation of poverty. I see it here in New Orleans. You have scond and third generation welfare recipients. Obviously welfare isn't the answer.

And I'm not saying eliminate welfare, just saying there has to be a longer term approach to get them OFF welfare and becoming self-sufficient. It most certainly will mean tough decisions.

Forum List

Back