What do we do for the children in need

We have children through out the US whose parents cannot provide proper housing, enough food, schoold supplies and proper medical care,

Many times the parents are at fault. If the parents lived their lives different they could provide for their children's need but they don't.

It may be the parents fault but it definitely is not the chidren's fault.

What do we do for those children in need?

Why do we need to do anything?
And who do you mean by "we"? Do you mean the Federal gov't? Do you mean non-profit groups? Do you mean church groups?

"Why do we need to do anything". I can't believe you said that. You are truly a very sick SOB.

I mean you as an individual must help any way you can; by yourself, through your church, through a charity, whatever.

Why do you assume I do not already?
And how is it your place to tell me what I have to and do not have to do? People have a right not to help. Especially people already burdened with their own children, families, and lives.
You are one arrogant POS, telling people what to do and assuming things about them.

I cannot believe how cold hearted sevral people have shown to be.

We are talking children with irresponsible parents. Do we punish the children because of their parents. The children are not capable of providing a solution themselves.

Many small government advocates seemed to put all solutions on the government. As individuals we must all help and not put the entire burden on the government.

No matter what your politics, if you have a heart you want to help the children.

Three people in particular shocked me with their responses. Truly disgusting individuals; Rabbi, Willow Tree and Bill Olbermann.

Helping the children of irresponsible parents is something we all should be able to come together on. More liberal than many on this site, I feel this is a job we do not want to put entirely on the government. For fiscal reasons and efficency reasons the private sector and individuals need to take the lead.

Will you stop with the whining already. It is not your business whether other people help or not. Don't tell everyone they 'MUST' help. Mind your business and do what you feel is right and other people can do likewise. You ain't the boss of anyone.

Why do we need to do anything?
And who do you mean by "we"? Do you mean the Federal gov't? Do you mean non-profit groups? Do you mean church groups?

"Why do we need to do anything". I can't believe you said that. You are truly a very sick SOB.

I mean you as an individual must help any way you can; by yourself, through your church, through a charity, whatever.

And how is it your place to tell me what I have to and do not have to do? People have a right not to help. Especially people already burdened with their own children, families, and lives.
You are one arrogant POS, telling people what to do and assuming things about them.

I have the right based on Freedom of Speech. It is part of the Constitution.

I cannot believe how cold hearted sevral people have shown to be.

We are talking children with irresponsible parents. Do we punish the children because of their parents. The children are not capable of providing a solution themselves.

Many small government advocates seemed to put all solutions on the government. As individuals we must all help and not put the entire burden on the government.

No matter what your politics, if you have a heart you want to help the children.

Three people in particular shocked me with their responses. Truly disgusting individuals; Rabbi, Willow Tree and Bill Olbermann.

Helping the children of irresponsible parents is something we all should be able to come together on. More liberal than many on this site, I feel this is a job we do not want to put entirely on the government. For fiscal reasons and efficency reasons the private sector and individuals need to take the lead.

Will you stop with the whining already. It is not your business whether other people help or not. Don't tell everyone they 'MUST' help. Mind your business and do what you feel is right and other people can do likewise. You ain't the boss of anyone.

Are you telling me to shut up.

Are you another conservative that believes in freedom of speech only when it does not challenge you.

If you want to have less financial burden on taxpayers. If you want smaller government. Then get off your fat ass and do some of the necessary things the government is doing because nobody else will.

We agree that iresponsible, stupid people who cannot or will not take care of a child should not have kids.

BUT IN THE REAL WORLD THEY DO. IT IS A FACT. It has happened for ever and will continue to happen.

The question is what do you do with the poor children that are brought into the world under these circumstances.

They need to be taken care of. Or maybe you are saying they should not be taken care of.

You may be responsible but you sound stupid by the fact you cannot get you arms around this real world situation.

These irresponsible people can also give their babies up for adoption since it would be a hardship to raise them. There are more than plenty of couples that would adopt.

Every year my school picks a needy family or two to buy Christmas presents for. Every year the list includes designer clothes, Xbox games, and mp3 players. I give clothes, books, and gift cards. I'm curious what Mr. Fudd thinks these children really need. I think they need new parents, but that is one gift their community can't buy.

If you give a man a fish...

I am always fascinated by the conservatives approach to what Robert Trivers named reciprocal altruism, the idea that it is beneficial for all if we help each other. The same conservative operates in a world in which someone feed them, raised them etc etc and yet in society somehow they believe help only leads to dependence. Thankfully our ancestors weren't all conservatives or we would have ceased to exist. We exist for a brief moment in time wouldn't it be horrible to spend that moment as a conservative?

I was impressed over 'Save the Children' which was highlighted on 'Idol' this past week. I too grew up dirt poor but somehow we had enough and were given values and opportunities to move up. Save the Children Official Site: Creating Lasting Change for Children in Need

"For reciprocal altruism to exist, the same individuals must come into regular contact, and there need to be repeated opportunities for actions that cost the altruist less than they benefit the recipients. Participants must also identify one another and accurately recall previous trades to avoid being exploited by defectors. Szabo presents a clear explanation of how money may have arisen from the need of early humans to keep track of acts of reciprocal altruism." Reciprocal Altruism - How repeated altruistic exchange between individuals benefits them both

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." John Kenneth Galbraith

Last edited:

I have the right based on Freedom of Speech. It is part of the Constitution.

What a cop out. Having a right to do something and doing the right thing aren't remotely the same.
The right thing for you is to quit posting nonsense here and go soak your head.

Forum List

Back