What do Dems think of Trump sending troops to the border?

i didn't care then and i don't care now.

but some people are so anti-trump they call him out for the very same things they applauded obama for doing.

Different motivations. Not "the very same thing" at all.
then please tell me the differences in why one was valid and the other not.

pretty good debate if you can do it. if it's just a YOU SUCK WE DID IT RIGHT then please continue on w/o me on this one.

No. You said it was the exact same thing without knowing anything about it. Read up yourself and tell us all what the mission was when Obama did it and what it is now.

You bitch about extremes when the real problem is uninformed dopes who simply say "ya but, Obama".

BTW, I never said it was invalid.
well I don't think he did state they were the same thing. he said to tell him the difference on why one was valid and the other not.

Fuck off, retard.

but some people are so anti-trump they call him out for the very same things they applauded obama for doing.

If you're not going to bother to read the thread, then don't respond.
heh - this coming from someone who writes my posts for me.

later on, hos.

pretty good debate if you can do it. if it's just a YOU SUCK WE DID IT RIGHT then please continue on w/o me on this one.

No. You said it was the exact same thing without knowing anything about it. Read up yourself and tell us all what the mission was when Obama did it and what it is now.

You bitch about extremes when the real problem is uninformed dopes who simply say "ya but, Obama".

well I don't think he did state they were the same thing. he said to tell him the difference on why one was valid and the other not.
pretty sure he's referring to this:

and yes, i did say that but on close inspection i said "things" and wasn't referring to ONLY this one, of which he is.

great, now tell me how this is different from your POV and i'll discuss it with him but he doesn't seem inclined to do that, just bitch that they're not and call that enough.
dude, I'm agreeing that you actually didn't say they were exactly the same. that's not what was said. his comments are off base. hugely. he's a jamoke.

I gave you the exact quote, retard.

pretty sure he's referring to this:

and yes, i did say that but on close inspection i said "things" and wasn't referring to ONLY this one, of which he is.

great, now tell me how this is different from your POV and i'll discuss it with him but he doesn't seem inclined to do that, just bitch that they're not and call that enough.

We can all read and know what you said. The freaking thread is about troops at the border.

It's a solution in search of a problem, Same as Dotard's big, beautiful, stupid wall.

Arrests For Illegal Border Crossings Hit 46-Year Low

For a year now the right had bragged that Trumps mere presence has caused a huge drop in illegal immigration .

Guess that was all a lie if he has to activate the guard .

At the same time fox was covering the "caravan " that is no more.

It's a solution in search of a problem, Same as Dotard's big, beautiful, stupid wall.

For a year now the right had bragged that Trumps mere presence has caused a huge drop in illegal immigration .

are you sure the caravan is no more?

are you sure the caravan is no more?

How about you give us an update and tell us about it

iceberg

First, you are comparing two different things. The reason behind Obama sending Nat Guard troops is different than Trumps......as are the circumstances.

Still, I would love for you to find examples of libs here at USMB cheering on Obama for that action when he did it.

That would make your case stronger.

Barrack sent them because they were needed due to republicans not funding the border patrol.

You mean President Obama sent the National Guard in to change diapers ...
After the Border Control agents got in trouble for calling their daily duties "burrito wrapping" ... :thup:

Last edited:
Seems to be nothing more than a political power tactic. He can’t get his wall so he is going to send his troops. It is adding fire to the divide that has been blocking progress. So much for the great unifier.

Political theater aside. If the border needs troops to defend it then send troops. Got no problem with that.

border crossings are down in numbers so Trump sends in the NG ...

gotta keep those RW morons slobbering, and drooling on their chest ya know.

Bush and Obama did so Trump be damned if he doesnt.
Border Crossings are not down, stop your radical left propaganda it doesn't work here.

Last edited:
Well? What do you think? Is it a good thing or bad thing and why?

Not a DEM but I will weigh in.

I never understood the reason why we didn’t do it in the first place during times of peace. So good thing.

Why? More people on the border means a more secure border. Hopefully, that will result in fewer deaths of those who try to cross the border; they will be found quicker and more quickly returned to their native lands.

Oh it's been on the same downward trend for the past four decades. Trump hasn't made a lick of difference and a wall wouldn't either.

And most of the drugs come through seaports - Tighten that up first.

Well? What do you think? Is it a good thing or bad thing and why?

its a stupid thing ...

activate emergency troops for a non emergency issue ?

misusing the military is a dereliction of duty - END OF STORY

Trumps one of the dumbest bastards on the planet

So you think Obama is just as stupid for doing the same thing?

Watch: College students bash Trump for sending troops to border — then learn Obama did same thing
these pukes didn't know the union army battled the confederates I guess? In our country? Abraham Lincoln sent troops to battle citizens of the country. Isn't that the point of our military to protect our country? why would it be silly that they'd go to a border to protect our country? Look how fking stupid the left is.

Lets start, Trump paid for the Governors to send troops to boarder security... money is coming from Military spending which has still to be found through cuts...

Price tag for new National Guard border operations still unknown, 4-star says

Now starts the problems, National Guard are part time and have their main jobs at home.. They are not trained boarder security and will be rotated quite frequently, that is a bit of headache, just when you get them up to speed they are replaced. It also drains there time from other duties like forrest fires...

So if money was to be spent on this it should have been to increase boarder officers. small problem

upload_2018-4-24_16-57-2.png

The size of the Border Patrol force reached its peak in 2011 and has declined since then. In fact, the agency was authorized for an additional 1,000 officers even before the president’s order—and has struggled to meet that goal.

Struggling to hang on to 20K officers, Border Patrol looks to hire 5K more

So trump the day he came into office the budget to hire 1000 more officers (Obama got him that) and failed to do so... But is ordering troops to send instead... Troops are far less effective and hiring 1000 officers would be far better...

The real thing there is a net migration from US to Mexico, so boarder security is more likely see them leave rather than enter...

So supporting troops at the boarder is just a waste of good man power that could be better spent somewhere else while hiring and training proper boarder security who can actually do the job.

Seems to be nothing more than a political power tactic. He can’t get his wall so he is going to send his troops. It is adding fire to the divide that has been blocking progress. So much for the great unifier.

Political theater aside. If the border needs troops to defend it then send troops. Got no problem with that.

Border Crossings are not down, stop your radical left propaganda it doesn't work here.
What data do you have to support that?

5ac685856898751d008b47a7-750-563.jpg

What data do you have to support that?

5ac685856898751d008b47a7-750-563.jpg

So to look at both of our graphs, southern arrests stayed low even though the staffing levels were at the highest... So more staff doesn't mean more arrests...

Lets start, Trump paid for the Governors to send troops to boarder security... money is coming from Military spending which has still to be found through cuts...

Now starts the problems, National Guard are part time and have their main jobs at home.. They are not trained boarder security and will be rotated quite frequently, that is a bit of headache, just when you get them up to speed they are replaced. It also drains there time from other duties like forrest fires...

So if money was to be spent on this it should have been to increase boarder officers. small problem

View attachment 189747

The size of the Border Patrol force reached its peak in 2011 and has declined since then. In fact, the agency was authorized for an additional 1,000 officers even before the president’s order—and has struggled to meet that goal.

So trump the day he came into office the budget to hire 1000 more officers (Obama got him that) and failed to do so... But is ordering troops to send instead... Troops are far less effective and hiring 1000 officers would be far better...

The real thing there is a net migration from US to Mexico, so boarder security is more likely see them leave rather than enter...

So supporting troops at the boarder is just a waste of good man power that could be better spent somewhere else while hiring and training proper boarder security who can actually do the job.
Appr_Inadm%20Total%20SWB%20Chart.png

Study this chart well. Obviously it doesn't include those that haven't been caught and others that have found different means to enter the US. What makes you think that any of this is okay, let alone taking a stance to defend unsecured borders. What is your end game?

View attachment 189747

Study this chart well. Obviously it doesn't include those that haven't been caught and others that have found different means to enter the US. What makes you think that any of this is okay, let alone taking a stance to defend unsecured borders. What is your end game?
Where is your data to back up your argument?

View attachment 189747

If this is how you see the world no wonder you are confused... This graph doesn't really give you much information...

Forum List

Back