What Did You Have For Breakfast This Morning..?

Shit on a Shingle also known as dried chipped beef on toast with cream gravy.
Right, SOS, but in the Air Force they used hamburger instead of chipped beef, and they'd pour it over hash browns instead of toast, absolutely outstanding stuff.

When we ran out of dried chipped beef we used greasy fried hamburger in place but fried greasy hamburger is not worth mentioning. Watch out for the brown orange jello for desert.

Fresh coffee beans, freshly ground, and expertly prepared in my Chemex Classic Series drip by me. Perfect...like my dear wife.

To all you silly grain and sugar eaters, STOP!

Steak to order was frozen raw in the inside when grilled was burned on the outside during a cookout in Nam. Pass the ketchup please.

Shit on the Shingle was the worst breakfast ever devised by the military. It still makes my skin crawl. But I guess if you can get the troops to eat something that looks (and tastes like) puke on a slice of bread, you can get them to do anything.

Shit on the Shingle was the worst breakfast ever devised by the military. It still makes my skin crawl. But I guess if you can get the troops to eat something that looks (and tastes like) puke on a slice of bread, you can get them to do anything.

Fresh Balut on the mess deck. All come all served.

Fresh Balut on the mess deck. All come all served.
Yummy.

What's for dinner?

Lopo Lopo (big fish). For an appetizer, lumpia dipped in brown sauce, main course pancet, a holiday food with rice that everyone only uses their fingers to eat with around a big table out of one pot..

Last edited:
Fresh coffee beans, freshly ground, and expertly prepared in my Chemex Classic Series drip by me. Perfect...like my dear wife.

To all you silly grain and sugar eaters, STOP!

I agree with you on the grain & sugars, within reason. I think cutting sugars would be a great idea. But I also think cutting out the chemistry set processed foods would do more.

My son has drastically cut down on sugars - he lost tons of weight and looks so healthy!
I can't stay away from sugar, so I just cut everything else out ;)

Forum List

Back