What Did You Have For Breakfast This Morning..?

Lexapro is evil. I have seen it change people into virtual zombies. They lose their drive...it's like they live behind a veil.
This entire class of drugs is extremely over-prescribed. The real problem with these drugs is that sure it reduces anxiety - but the killer is it also reduces all other emotions. It literally makes you fade.

Zombies are a good way to put it. Every person I know on them is emotionally flat lining. No ups or downs, everything is hohum.

The real evil part is it's mental dependency. It fucks you over in a big way. If someone who has been on it for an extended period wants to stop taking them - NOW THEY ARE DEPRESSED, including suicidal thoughts and self loathing. It is a drug that turns any POTENTIALLY depressed person into a REAL depressed person if they try and quit. And THAT is evil.

coffee and Lexapro. The usual.

Need to start a lunch thread. IT's more interesting.
I'd dump the Lexapro. I was on it for a month or two. The quack I went to at the time prescribed it because I told I I didn't sleep well. Like a fool I didn't check up on it. Made me light headed (more than usual) I couldn't even ride my motorcycles. The guy had Lexapro posters all over his office, obviously getting a kick back from them. I found out it's an anti-depressant, threw the shit away.

Here's some side effects:

Lexapro: Drug Uses, Dosage, & Side Effects - Drugs.com
  • drowsiness, tired feeling;

• sleep problems (insomnia);

• vision changes;

• mild nausea, gas, heartburn, upset stomach, constipation;

• weight changes;

• decreased sex drive, Impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm; or

• increased sweating.

I did dump it for Effexor which did NOTHING! (I was on it for 3 months)
The Lexapro is perfect - I have a FEW of the side effects but they are worth it!

I think different meds work for different people...

Lexapro is easy to stop. I have done it. Never had any problems.

BTW - this morning. Coffee and Lexapro - (coffee has 2 tsp of sugar and a bunch of french vanilla flavored creamer)

Zombies are a good way to put it. Every person I know on them is emotionally flat lining. No ups or downs, everything is hohum.

Exactly how I want to be! I am unbearable in my natural state!
You should work on your natural state instead of the chemical lobotomy.

I've tried but I don't like listening to people (counselors) - I need a really smart one that can manipulate me

I've tried but I don't like listening to people (counselors) - I need a really smart one that can manipulate me
That never works, control comes from the addict, only, no one else can do it...

exactly, thus, the Lexapro

That stuff never did a damn thing for me...

That stuff never did a damn thing for me...

I'm thinking of switching to what you use.... it's under discussion

Bacon and eggs with toast..
how are you eggs cooked?
anything on your toast?
Over easy on the eggs and no butter on toast...
We eat eggs and bacon almost every day unless it like a sausage day...

we?

so much for me moving to the farm with you :(
My 14 year old son lives with me...He's only 6 feet tall and 200 lbs....size 12 shoe....

oh okay that will work....

Bagel lox and cream cheese and coffee

rfl_20857.jpg

Forum List

Back