What did we learn from this election??

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT:

Democrats flipped a lot of House seats from red to blue. Republicans made more modest gains in the Senate. So, what did we learn from all of this?

* Donald Trump made this election a referendum on him, and it wasn't very successful. More voters cast ballots for Democrats than Republicans in this election.

* The GOP proved their base is still solid, and Democrats will have to moderate their positions in order to pass bipartisan legislation.

* Women are leaving the GOP...pure and simple. This exodus started long before 2016 and has accelerated under Trump. If the GOP doesn't become more sensitive to the needs of women, they'll find themselves in a very bad place in American politics.

* House Democrats would do well to focus on healthcare, education, and the environment. Attacking Trump too soon, or with insufficient evidence will only weaken their position.

* Americans....both Conservative and Liberal have grown weary of "attack dog politics" They want their political leaders on both sides to tone down the ugly rhetoric, get back to work, and pass legislation that will be of benefit to all Americans. I predict this will happen a little more now, not much, but perhaps enough to begin to restore some lost faith in a dream that began in 1776.
:bye1:

Dems will lie to win elections. Over half the House seats Dem's won, the Dem candidates ran as Trump supporters and vowed not to support Nancy Pelosi for House speaker. Now after the elections don't be shocked when they vote the exact opposite.

We learned that, once again, the US Federal debt is spiraling out of control, and neither the Dems nor the GOP give a shit about it....

Democrats flipped a lot of House seats from red to blue. Republicans made more modest gains in the Senate. So, what did we learn from all of this?

* Donald Trump made this election a referendum on him, and it wasn't very successful. More voters cast ballots for Democrats than Republicans in this election.

* The GOP proved their base is still solid, and Democrats will have to moderate their positions in order to pass bipartisan legislation.

* Women are leaving the GOP...pure and simple. This exodus started long before 2016 and has accelerated under Trump. If the GOP doesn't become more sensitive to the needs of women, they'll find themselves in a very bad place in American politics.

* House Democrats would do well to focus on healthcare, education, and the environment. Attacking Trump too soon, or with insufficient evidence will only weaken their position.

* Americans....both Conservative and Liberal have grown weary of "attack dog politics" They want their political leaders on both sides to tone down the ugly rhetoric, get back to work, and pass legislation that will be of benefit to all Americans. I predict this will happen a little more now, not much, but perhaps enough to begin to restore some lost faith in a dream that began in 1776.
More voters cast ballots for Democrats than Republicans in this election.

How many more?

I think we also learned Florida needs oversight in their managment of elections. They have problems each election since Bush. I think they need oversight down there.

Dems will lie to win elections. Over half the House seats Dem's won, the Dem candidates ran as Trump supporters and vowed not to support Nancy Pelosi for House speaker. Now after the elections don't be shocked when they vote the exact opposite.

AND does this sound like a blue wave or repudiation of Trump when Dem's have to pretend to be Trump supporters to win?

We learned Broward cty is abusing the civil Rights of it's citizens and Feds need to step in.

The Obama mistake has almost corrected itself. Dem's lost election after election following his lead of openly advocating Dem policies. In 2018 many Dem's have gone back to lying and pretending to be center right leaning Trump supporters to win their elections.

Donald Trump is an epic winner is one thing we learned. Each person he campaigned for ended up winning save one.

Meanwhile, every person Obama campaigned for lost.

We also learned that with the changing demographics of the USA, even the most crazy can get elected:

Dejc1JFV4AAxb3H.jpg

We should follow Israel, build that wall.

The Obama mistake has almost corrected itself. Dem's lost election after election following his lead of openly advocating Dem policies. In 2018 many Dem's have gone back to lying and pretending to be center right leaning Trump supporters to win their elections.

You may have a point. After all, the Orange Virus ran as a conservative republican.

You may have a point. After all, the Orange Virus ran as a conservative republican.

My hatred of the left grows with each passing day.

My hatred of the left grows with each passing day.

Hate will consume you and affect your health. I'd recommend backing off politics for a while if you're so triggered.

>>> That is specious nonsense. More Democrats were up for reelection than were Republicans. It also ignores the fact that these are STATE elections with variances in population levels.

>>> Nope, that is another fallacious bit of nonsense promoted by the Left via their Identity Politics propaganda.

>>> The Dems are controlled by their Prog base now. They will not resist using their power in the House to attack Trump. They do not have any other agenda besides thei.

>>> I hope you are are correct, but I don't think we will see this for quite a long time, if ever.

>>> That is specious nonsense. More Democrats were up for reelection than were Republicans. It also ignores the fact that these are STATE elections with variances in population levels.

>>> Nope, that is another fallacious bit of nonsense promoted by the Left via their Identity Politics propaganda.

>>> The Dems are controlled by their Prog base now. They will not resist using their power in the House to attack Trump. They do not have any other agenda besides thei.

>>> I hope you are are correct, but I don't think we will see this for quite a long time, if ever.
More voters cast ballots for Democrats than Republicans in this election.

So what?

We leaned voters do weird things. The voters in Missouri flipped their senator from Dem to Repub but at the same time approved 3 very liberal ballot initiatives.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You’re the one who’s lying.

We learned our president mistreats women. Just from the way he treats women reporters.

We learned that it takes overwhelming numbers to beat Republicans because of all their cheating and voter suppression.

Forum List

Back