What decade had the best music?

I don't listen to music much anymore.

Not sure about favorite era. I like a lot of oldies. I guess I would say 70's and 80's. But I do listen to new country stuff while in the car driving to and from work. Couldn't tell you about any other genre.

Is country music in the UK the same as country music in the USA?

50s
60s
70s
80s
90s
2000s
This an extremely subjective question that people will answer depending on what genre of music they like the most and likely biased by their age. That said innovations with technology: electronics with instruments and creating new kinds of instruments, recording methods, stereo, etc. really ramped up in the 60's-70's, kind of like the industrial revolution for musicians-and a lot of amazing and new forms of music have came of it.

I liked 60s folk music and songs with melody.

....and instrumentals.

Greg

Oh, that reminds me of something. New style Renaissance music.

Ritchie Blackmore went that route. I like it. They play all of the old world instruments from around the world.

I don't listen to music much anymore.

Not sure about favorite era. I like a lot of oldies. I guess I would say 70's and 80's. But I do listen to new country stuff while in the car driving to and from work. Couldn't tell you about any other genre.

Is country music in the UK the same as country music in the USA?
I don't know. I live in the USA. But I would assume a lot of it is.

I like '86-'89 with a tiny bit of '90, '91 and '92 right before those misery inducing little grunge jerkoffs came along and ruined my good mood.

When Kurt Cobain blew his noggin off, I celebrated. Sorry, but I did. I hated that dweeb.

But I like 70s country music.

Modern country sucks. How they even get away with calling it country is beyond me.
yea, today's country music is kind of like pop music with a little twang

but now they have rapping country and that's so far out of the ball park of being 'country' it's unrecognizable

Some asshole tried to get me to listen to it and I threw his phone in the bushes a few weeks ago ...

Brian Wilson, Paul McCartney, John Lennon and Keith Richards all hit in the 60s. And except for Lennon they still write a piece every once in a while. Brian's neuro-psych problems and Keith's arthritis slow them down but they still do some work. I would love to hear a jam session from any two of them.

I like '86-'89 with a tiny bit of '90, '91 and '92 right before those misery inducing little grunge jerkoffs came along and ruined my good mood.

When Kurt Cobain blew his noggin off, I celebrated. Sorry, but I did. I hated that dweeb.

Modern country sucks. How they even get away with calling it country is beyond me.

but now they have rapping country and that's so far out of the ball park of being 'country' it's unrecognizable

Some asshole tried to get me to listen to it and I threw his phone in the bushes a few weeks ago ...

My 19yo likes it. I just tell him it's not Country and could barely be called music

I can't really say what decade had the best, since I like much of the music from 60's thru 90's.....but after 2000 it's all went down hill from there. There have been a few songs that aren't too bad, but few & far between

I can't really say what decade had the best, since I like much of the music from 60's thru 90's.....but after 2000 it's all went down hill from there. There have been a few songs that aren't too bad, but few & far between
most of today's music is computer generated and the singers use auto-tune

I guess that's when I started to listen to country music and even Christian music around the mid 2000's ( they sound like 80s pop rock also to me) now I am more into string music since Lindsey Sterling came along.

Here's some country rap from 1970. I was in Germany in Nov '70 and it was the most requested song on Armed Forces Radio Network for about one month. Then the Department of Defense forbid AFN from playing it and took all the 45s out of the PX system. I have no idea why.:dunno:

I guess that's when I started to listen to country music and even Christian music around the mid 2000's ( they sound like 80s pop rock also to me) now I am more into string music since Lindsey Sterling came along.

Yep, last several years I've been listening to Christian music

Forum List

Back