What decade had the best music?

I like '86-'89 with a tiny bit of '90, '91 and '92 right before those misery inducing little grunge jerkoffs came along and ruined my good mood.

When Kurt Cobain blew his noggin off, I celebrated. Sorry, but I did. I hated that dweeb.

But I like 70s country music.

Modern country sucks. How they even get away with calling it country is beyond me.

I like '86-'89 with a tiny bit of '90, '91 and '92 right before those misery inducing little grunge jerkoffs came along and ruined my good mood.

When Kurt Cobain blew his noggin off, I celebrated. Sorry, but I did. I hated that dweeb.

Modern country sucks. How they even get away with calling it country is beyond me.
yea, today's country music is kind of like pop music with a little twang

Now if you're talking exclusively about pop music, I think most people would probably say the 70s due to bands like Zeppelin and Pink Floyd..but for a pop-hating metal fan like myself the 80s and 90s were incredibly influential decades...

...although most of the stuff I listen to nowadays was released in the 00s.

So yeah, no easy answers there for me.

I like modern country it reminds me of 80s pop music..

I don't know what was the best decade but I hated the mid ~ late 1970s

I like modern country it reminds me of 80s pop music..

I don't know what was the best decade but I hated the mid ~ late 1970s

Every forum I've ever been on, some gone, some still around, the one thing that nobody ever tears into anyone else about is the music they listen to.

Ever notice that? Every single thread on pretty much every forum, people tear each other up all over the board. But the only thread on every forum where nobody argues and where everyone gets along are the music threads. Pretty much every forum has a whatcha listineng to thread. And no fighting. We have country, pop, classical, hip hop, rock n roll, metal, bklue grass, etc etc, all different walks of life. But nobody argues or fights over the different tastes or indulgences of the other person in the music threads.

Scwewy.

50s
60s
70s
80s
90s
2000s

The 80's. While the 60's gave us Blue Oyster Cult, The Doors, and Pink Floyd, and the 70's evolved Zeppelin and Sabbath to super band status, I have to align myself (born in the very early 70's) with the nascence of Metallica and Megadeth, along with the 80's rock and pop scene--and glam rock legends. Just too many giants of Metal coming up out of the 70's primordial ooze to play: Icon, Sad Wings, Iron Maiden, Metal Church, Dio, Paradise Lost, etc.

yea, today's country music is kind of like pop music with a little twang

but now they have rapping country and that's so far out of the ball park of being 'country' it's unrecognizable

I don't listen to music much anymore.

Not sure about favorite era. I like a lot of oldies. I guess I would say 70's and 80's. But I do listen to new country stuff while in the car driving to and from work. Couldn't tell you about any other genre.

Forum List

Back