what country have best intelligence agence

Svante

cybernetic organism
Dec 11, 2008
Ragnarök
some persons say CIA and Mossad but i think they have make many mistakes. CSIS Canadien security intelligence service i s a joke. so i check the agence and DFG projket data informasjonsfusjon in Sweden are the best one. the SUPO Suojelupoliisi of Finland are allso good agence becuase of work there
d o during the war t o protect Sweden and Danmark.

so what agence t o you think iis the best.

CIA has the greatest capabilities for affecting policy on an international scale. DIA and Army Intelligence in the U.S. are impressive as well. Mossad has been able to do some amazing things.

CIA has the greatest capabilities for affecting policy on an international scale. DIA and Army Intelligence in the U.S. are impressive as well. Mossad has been able to do some amazing things.

CIA there affecting the policy but informatiion given to US gouvernment was wrong abaout Irak.there are different intelligence agence that support CIA i n Irak but they were wrong allso.nobody can trust them i f there are wrong.

I guess it depends on what type of intellegence you need. If you are talking about general intellegence on a global scale, the CIA is almost certainly the best, but if you are talking about intellegence on the Middle East, then its certainly Mossad. I would imagine the British Secret Service is the best for all things going on in Europe.

Places like Sweden, Denmark and Finland simply dont have the funds to compete with the CIA. You could probably combine the budgets of every intellegence agency in Europe (i joke, but i bet even the top 10 wouldnt compare), and still not have the same anual budget as the CIA. The NSA actually has a higher anual budget than the CIA, but im guessing they share a ton of intellegence between each other, especially after 9/11, so for this discussion, you may as well combine the 2 when considering funds and overall intellegence.

Last edited:
The CIA has a long long long long looooong history of failing to provide our Presidents with useful cloak and dagger type INTELLIGENCE.

How could any of us know which intel agency is the best? If they're really good we'll never know it.

But if I had to guess, my guess would be that the best INTEL in the world probably is available for those willing to pay private think tanks to gather it up for them.

A lot of intel isn't spying, so much as it is gathering up data that isn't secret, and studying it to establish a clear picture of what is happening.

RAND corp seems to have a fairly good record of doing that.

They are not thought of an an INTEL source, but in many ways INTEL is the product they provide.

Pretty difficult to determine which intelligence service is best. The Israelis, for example, have a pretty narrow focus that's limited to their immediate region. Their operations may be extend across the world; however, their operational focus is pretty limited. The US, on the other hand, has a much more global interest to the point where the political situation in Sierra Leone may have some impact on US foreign policy. The Israelis, on the other hand, couldn't care less what happens in Sierra Leone. This means that the US has to be more flexible, adaptable and responsive to changing situations worldwide.

Intelligence collection falls somewhere between projecting statistical probabilities and reading tea leaves. In other words, the riskier the target, the higher chance of failure. The US takes high risks whereas other nations stick to statistical probabilities. It's like judging the difference between a coach who always kicks on fourth down and one who is willing to go for it.

Then there's the political factor. Intelligence is basically an interpretation of certain events. However, it can't compete against other agendas. If we knew with absolute certainty, for example, that Canada was sponsoring terrorists attacks against US embassies in Africa, for instance, we wouldn't be able to launch a pre-emptive strike without suffering international political repercussions. We would have to wait until there was absolute evidence that could be presented publicly, and even then, I seriously doubt we would take any action.

Forum List

Back