What Christians say when they pray to God:

R

rdean

I asked a very devout Christian and a close friend of many years what he said when he prayed to God. I tried it phrase it in a way that wasn't "leading". For instance, I didn't say, "What do you ask God for when you pray?"

I didn't ask, "Does God answer your prayers?"

I said, "What do you say when you pray to God?" And I told him I would ask that question on this board. Whatever people say, I will print out and give to him so be careful. This is not a joke.

I have no supernatural beliefs, but my friend is seriously interested in what others "say" when they pray to God.

I told him many might not want to share. He said that's OK. He said I could write out what he says. But I don't want to do that yet because it may be surprising to some. There is no politics or global warming or science or any of that stuff involved. It's a simple question. Please don't answer if you feel it's too intrusive. I will not negative comment on any answer received.

I asked a very devout Christian and a close friend of many years what he said when he prayed to God. I tried it phrase it in a way that wasn't "leading". For instance, I didn't say, "What do you ask God for when you pray?"

I said, "What do you say when you pray to God?" And I told him I would ask that question on this board. Whatever people say, I will print out and give to him so be careful. This is not a joke.

I have no supernatural beliefs, but my friend is seriously interested in what others "say" when they pray to God.

I told him many might not want to share. He said that's OK. He said I could write out what he says. But I don't want to do that yet because it may be surprising to some. There is no politics or global warming or science or any of that stuff involved. It's a simple question. Please don't answer if you feel it's too intrusive. I will not negative comment on any answer received.

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

That's funny. I will have to call my friend and tell him that. He will get a kick out of it.

I ask God to teach me the things that would best enable me to be whomever and however I need to be to best glorify Him. Some days I would have myself be quite the shape shifter if I weren't better focused. Of course, with the interpretation of God being dependent upon the individual, my request even works for the principalities and powers at work between us.

:rofl:

OK,

My friend says he doesn't ask for anything. All of his prayers are "praise" thanking God.

That's what he told me.

I pray that one day more than 6% of Scientists claim to be Republicans.

Dear Rdean:
Could you please print out my answer and give to your friend?

When I call my friend who volunteers with a free healing prayer ministry,
we pray for forgiveness and healing to be received. We give thanks for all the good that is happening. My friend has prayed for favor, for the right doors to be opened that God's will is made clear, and anything that is not God's will be removed where those doors are closed and clearly not for us to go through. She prays for different things, depending on the person and the situation, but always in receiving God's will with thanks in Jesus name.

Can you please ask your friend to join in prayer with my friend, Olivia, so that God's will is established in agreement and prayer in Christ Jesus. Her numbers are 713-829-0899 and 713-355-7330. She has a spiritual gift for healing prayer and deliverance, where prayers in Christ Jesus have healed people of cancer, alcohol or other drug abuse, sexual abuse and cutting addictions, satanic cult or other occult abuse. So I have especially prayed for the right people to come together to prove how this spiritual healing works scientifically, using formal medical studies, in order to help more people access and apply it as any other form of therapy and treatment for any number of diseases, physical or mental.

Olivia prays for things in different ways than I do as a secular gentile, where part of my purpose or focus is on proof of spiritual healing to end false division between science and religion preventing a common understanding of how natural laws and energy work in life.

But where we agree in Christ, those prayers are answered in keeping with God's will.
So that is where we focus, and it is different depending on the situation we are praying about. Most prayer is for preparing us to receive God's will. In the case of spiritual healing and deliverance, Olivia will focus on praying in Christ Jesus to break the bonds and set people free. She asks people she is praying with to accept forgiveness. That is key.

That is funny, PC. My godmother jokes that most people don't pray to ask God for things, but to tell God what to do! So she says sarcastically, how kind of us to pray to God to "let him in" on what our plans are! As if he doesn't already know what the plans really are.
He must find this quite amusing if not annoying. How courteous of us to tell him in advance!

Wow, this is one of the weirdest threads ever.

I pray for strength, for guidance, for wisdom so I can be a credit to God and a source of strength for others.

If there is an all-knowing God, then such a God would know my deepest desires and concerns. Therefore prayer would not be necessary.

The bible tells us to show our faith by asking for things of God. It's a manifestation of faith..you don't ask for things from a being you don't believe in, and if you have faith in God's love for you, of course he is the first person to go to when you desire something.

Of course all interaction with God should also bring reflection, so the very act of requesting something from God should bring with it some consideration of why you want it, and whether or not it is a worthy desire....

If there is an all-knowing God, then such a God would know my deepest desires and concerns. Therefore prayer would not be necessary.

Except of course, he's your God and not your slave. The only thing God wants from us is faith and praise. You don't want to give up those things, he's not likely to care what you want even if he does know. The POINT is that you establish a personal relationship and you do take these things to God in prayer.

But if God respects our free will, wouldn't praying to God be a way to let God know that we consent to the changes or preparation necessary, in order to receive the blessings that are already in store? Even if these are already meant to be, by God's supreme will.

(also, especially with praying for the strength or grace to forgive, this cannot be "forced" onto people by God. Forgiveness by nature must be chosen by free will to be sincere.)

The only thing God wants from us is faith and praise.

I would add "forgiveness" - the point of Christ is to accept unconditional grace and divine forgiveness which breaks the cycle of sin and suffering enslaving humanity.

Otherwise, the sin of "unforgiveness" blocks God's will and holy spirit from healing and liberating our souls in the spirit of truth. "unforgiveness" creates and fuels a vicious cyle of retribution that is seen in the Old Testament before Christ Jesus restored the true spirit of the laws which is charity, the greatest love of all.

God asked us through Christ Jesus to love one another as HE loves us.
That is unconditional love of God, not the conditional type of human love that discriminates which people to love or to hate by retributive justice, whereas restorative justice which Christ Jesus brings, breaks the cycle of social ills, heals all relations between all people, good or bad, no matter what we have done, in order to save all souls equally.

All this is made possible by agreeing to receive divine forgiveness and healing, especially in relations where the human will and mind is not able to forgive on its own.

You can have faith in God and give praise to God. But if you do not agree to forgiveness in relations with neighbors, especially those posing the most conflict or difficulty, then God cannot always act to the fullest without that step taken first, to ask in order to receive.

Yes, forgiveness is big. I was just talking about this today with my sis! Small world.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2jJPpgb_PM&playnext=1&list=PL0ED94420DF440815]YouTube - ‪What a Friend we have in Jesus (Southern Gospel)‬‏[/ame]

Forum List

Back