What Christians say when they pray to God:

I will print all these out and give them to my friend. Even the one where the guy called him "stupid" and then linked to an "etiquette" of prayer.
While I admit I have no supernatural beliefs, I feel it's admirable that if you pray, you don't pray for "gain".

Didn't emily used to be a buddhist?

Was that somebody else???

Hi Allie. My beliefs take a combination of Christianity, Constitutionalism and Buddhism to express. So you can say I follow all of these, but not purely any one by itself, as I'm not under any traditional denomination of any of them. Some strange mutt I guess! Not a purebred of any, and whenever I am around a more traditional purebred, then I stand out as being different. The Buddhists will say I'm too Christian, the Christians too Buddhist, etc.

I was able to join a Lutheran church where the Pastor taught such an open unlimited view of God that it included all paths, though recognizing they were different. I believe in Unitarian Universalist principles and Universal Salvation, but unlike how Unitarian was founded, I do believe in the Trinity and believe that concept is universal to human nature and found in all systems of law, religions and even psychology.

The one thing you can call me and cover all these things is Constitutionalist.
I find that label does not prevent me from expressing or exercising beliefs
and interpretations even if these are in conflict with other WAYS of
teaching Buddhism and Christianity. So I may be a Constitutionalist first, and then I apply the same principles in Christianity to enforcing those laws, since I believe the spirit of truth and restorative justice (which God and Jesus represent) fulfills the natural laws embodied in Constitutional principles and in Buddhism equally as fulfilling the divine laws given in the Bible and other religious teachings.

Whatever you call that! ;-)

Forum List

Back