what caused the increased budget deficite

mnbasketball

Mar 4, 2011
It looks like the cost of what we owe has increased over the last two years, but what part of the increase is from new spending?
What has Obama spent on new programs that wasn't a part of govt before he took office. It seems like some people are trying to make believe that OBAMA is somehow spending a lot more than the previous president did on new spending when I don't see it.

The saving of our ecconmy has cost money but it's not a figure that is built into the budget in future years. Things like wars and programs that were in place before OBAMA got there are not his doing are they?

If it was not for the downturn in our ecconomy by the last 8 years of a very poorly run adm by George Bush we wouldn't be in such a problem. But giving more than Bush did to the rich in an attempt to gear up the american ecconomy which didn't happen under Bush and his large tax cuts, in my opinion isn't going to help the people get jobs and be an asest to our country like the republicans still are trying put forth.:clap2:

It looks like the cost of what we owe has increased over the last two years, but what part of the increase is from new spending?
What has Obama spent on new programs that wasn't a part of govt before he took office. It seems like some people are trying to make believe that OBAMA is somehow spending a lot more than the previous president did on new spending when I don't see it.

The saving of our ecconmy has cost money but it's not a figure that is built into the budget in future years. Things like wars and programs that were in place before OBAMA got there are not his doing are they?

If it was not for the downturn in our ecconomy by the last 8 years of a very poorly run adm by George Bush we wouldn't be in such a problem. But giving more than Bush did to the rich in an attempt to gear up the american ecconomy which didn't happen under Bush and his large tax cuts, in my opinion isn't going to help the people get jobs and be an asest to our country like the republicans still are trying put forth.:clap2:

Fact. Obama increased Discretionary spending by 20% both years.

Fact. Both Wars you refer to amount to less than 10% of the annual Deficit.

But then I would not expect someone with such horrid Spelling, and Grammar to Grasp the significant of those 2 facts.

You people are trying to blame the New Level of Much higher Discretionary spending on Bush. Wrong. You can blame the Stimulus spending we did on Bush if you want, say he made us have to do it. What you can not blame on Bush is the Increased level of annual spending Obama has committed us to.

Your premise essentially is: BOOOOOOOSH

And

REEEEEEPUBLICANNNNS!!!!

Which of course ignores the real reasons for the huge deficits.

CONGRESS

Because they no longer are bridled by Gramm-Rudmann, the line-item veto, or a PAYGO with some actual teeth.

Remember Bill Clinton's surplus? It came about because of the above, two of which were thrown out by the courts in 1999.

If we are ever going to get spending back under control, we must re-install these responsible laws.

"Taxing the rich" won't help anything. If we seized ALL wealth (not just income, net worth) of the top 2% wealthiest in this country for the last TEN years, it wouldn't even put a dent in this deficit.

The gluttony you often speak of is in Washington. But, you have NO objection to that. For you, the more inefficient, wasteful, fatter and more gluttonous the government is, the better you like it.

IT'S THE SPENDING, STUPID!

Forum List

Back